It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the stuff on ATS is crap

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As you can see by my join date,I have been around here for a very very long time.I still after all these years,come here for news/updates rather than any mainstream media outlet.

Is most of it garbage,perhaps,but even then,at least it can be very entertaining to read.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Bootyac because: left something out I wanted to say.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Only half ? With respect, I would argue ninety five per cent, but that is only my opinion. There are some gems among the rubbish, and this alone makes it worthwhile coming on here.

Be polite, as far as possible, respect the views of others, and don't let it become an addiction, is my advice....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
lol.....very astute observation.In fact only about 25% of the media here has solid validity.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Greetings

I like it here on ATS. It makes me think, opening up my mind to possibilities. With all the UFO sightings through out the years, I feel there is something there. Trying to figure out what these UFO's are and who is making them is my only question. I know people personally who have seen these things, people I know are normal and have good perception. I cannot blindly accept that these do not exist just because I have not seen one.

All the Discussion about UFO related material i have studied over a few years , made me realise , it is stuff we dont want or need , it is a pandoras box and we need to stop this dream , because we cant even deal with our own species , let alone a ET race , another dream to pull a big curtain over our eyes so we dont solve our current problems.

We dont need another all hands on deck situation in my oppinion , we already going through one for decades , ongoing , untill who knows when.

Just keep the thinking real easy and logic , if you would be ET , would you come here ? and maybe be shot down
Would you fly to a planet , wich top foodchain creatures are extremely hostile , because hey , every single person would freak out if they would encounter a ET being thus enables Flight or Fight responce.

We gotta be honest with ourselfs , we shoot/kill every scary thing that moves , some over fear some for sport.
Even if we would try to not be like this we are still stuck in a evolutionary process.

Dont get me wrong in a couple of centuries First Contact might be a very good step towards a fresh direction , because lets face it , first contact is 1st place history books material , it would be talked about for centuries to come.

But right now it's just not the time yet.

TheGreazel

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Only half ? With respect, I would argue ninety five per cent, but that is only my opinion. There are some gems among the rubbish, and this alone makes it worthwhile coming on here.

Be polite, as far as possible, respect the views of others, and don't let it become an addiction, is my advice....

Don't let ATS become an addiction
Too late for me

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

It costs nothing to read articles about others dealings with seeing what they think of as UFOs. It is entertaining and it also opens the mind to possibilities. What are they seeing and where do they come from. You cannot blindly deny that they saw something, just give a possible explanation. There are people and organizations in this world who could possibly build craft like this, using top secret technology that is dangerous in the wrong hands. Spending a little time investigating these things is not bad, to let it take control of your life is not good. I think people have possibly seen very advanced craft that actually are created by mankind...or some other beings here on earth... that are so sophisticated that none of our technology can detect it. The probability of this is there. UFO means unidentified flying object, if you know nothing of a drone it is a UFO. It is a matter of perspective and awareness of what technology exists. We are not allowed to know everything our Military has as do people in other countries. That is why they call it Top Secret. Discussion of these things belongs on a site called Above Top Secret.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

well if it is half crap then that means your cup is still half full. Even if it is half empty, it is still half full.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Crap
most of the stuff here is total

Crap

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I categorize ATS, on the internet, like a house of horrors in a carnival..

It is a carnival side show like the bearded woman etc.

Also bear in mind it is very very very hard to prove anything on the internet ESPECIALLY UFO's or other abnormal events...

Video's are poor ways to prove ufo's.. You almost have to be an eye witness, and see hear and feel it...

Until you treat ats like a carnival side show you will not understand ats..

This is a carnie site..
edit on 28-4-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
ATS is GLOBAL. With that in mind, realize that a lot of what you see on here may not be on importance to you and your life at that moment, but, to someone somewhere it is. That is the way I keep in perspective. I try to make myself read the threads I understand the least, so I can learn and understand. I feel, that, most of us live in a little bubble and sometimes it is good to get outside of your own bubble and see what is happening in the rest of the world even if you do not truly understand it. Ask questions. Ask until you understand, then, if you still think it is crap, then you know it is truly crap.

To state that half of what you read on ATS is crap is not fair. Just because it doesnt mean anything to you or you do not understand it, does not make it crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

My point was not so much to say that ATS was bad, it is actually better than what is circulating in this country. Half the stuff we think is real is crap, a combination of half truths at most. Just because millions of people believe something does not make it true, it just makes it part of our reality.

I see so many big time misconceptions being spread everywhere, stuff that people believe is true, that I wonder how this is possible. Scientific evidence that doesn't even apply is used to make it appear real, but if a person digs deep they find it is not completely real. My desire is to try to find the truths from all of these things and try to assemble them. The problem is that at least seventy five percent of what we were conditioned to be taught as real isn't. I see good and bad reasons backing this deceit. not all things that are deceitful are bad. These flaws in the tactics seem to make them more susceptible to attack though and the good deceit seems to be fading while the bad deceit seems to be increasing today.

Half the stuff on ATS is crap but the other half is more true than the stuff floating around in our society. I give ATS an A+ for opening people's eyes. Once you get used to wading and identifying the misconceptions here, you gain experience wading through the crap in the real world we live in, and hopefully an understanding as to why it is the way it is in society.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Half is being pretty generous. Most of it is half-baked or absolute looney tunes.... Still, enough of it is solid to certainly make it worth the while to comb through the nonsense to find what we feel is important or new information, etc. And I know it's certainly THE first place I come to when any kind of major event happens. Major news simply gives the highlights, and even the 24 hr news channels rarely update anything timely. On ATS, we'll get opinions, info, correlations, etc. within minutes, with up to the second updates, etc.

Heck, I still remember listening to the police scanner at the moment they captured the Boston Bombing suspect all because of ATS members, and while commenting and giving up to the second updates as they searched.... Take that CNN!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I wouldn't be here if I didn't see a good information source. I need to learn and adjust my consciousness, I can't do that easily anymore unless I have something to challenge what I know. If a person believes something to be true, they usually look for evidence to substantiate their beliefs, ignoring anything that does not fit into their consciousness. When I was studying on my own, I was doing this too much so I tried finding sites to challenge my way of thinking so I could gain roots. This site is perfect.

There are some people here doing the same thing I am, I see them evolving their consciousness. This is good. ATS is a great tool.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join