It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the stuff on ATS is crap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If we blindly accept what society perceives as normal because of the conditioning that we have been given, than we are following the wrong path.

The same goes for blindly accepting something that goes against what society perceives as normal simply because it goes against what society perceives as normal, or because you want there to be a conspiracy theory. Seems to be fairly common. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
More than half...I used to have bunch of tabs open, couldn't keep up with the info, jumping from one tab to another cause I was so excited to dig in, find out, dissect, learn...

But I have this face
< most of the time when I read titles.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
When I first opened this thread I wasn't sure what point you were going to try and make. I find myself being rather "protective" when the words "crap" and "ATS" are used in the same sentence...
Then I started to think about that,
"What is it inside of humans that make us feel a sense of "loyalty" to people, ideas, Countries, etc. when in fact there are very few things I can think of that don't include some form of "crap" ? "

We all come to ATS from vastly different backgrounds, and quite honestly I have learned sooo much about the World around me from other members experiences and perceptions...it kind of makes me think of when you see a piece of art, that depending on how you look at it there can be several distinct images within it. Kaleidoscopes also come to mind..lol...we are all a part of the "Grand Design" ......

I like this thread Ricky, I personally think that as a World Community the "Globalist Agenda" is our mutual enemy...and I'm willing to wade through all our "crap"..good and bad to defeat them in whatever ways I can and know how...one thing I learned working in corporate America for 15 yrs. is that it is ALL BS..the people on the top aren't smarter, just more ruthless or willing to comply for their own best interests...which Hey, I guess I did too to some degree, I had a child to raise, and I justified going to Tahoe on very NICE business trips discussing how to break the unions...makes me sick now...
I did ultimately speak out, and it cost me my job...lol....actually they make it clear you have a choice to "resign" which i did.....but the "moral" path wasn't easy.......I truely appreciate every interaction I have had here on ATS....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Remember bros, there's no crying in trolling.

...unless of course...

...you're just trolling...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If we blindly accept what society perceives as normal because of the conditioning that we have been given, than we are following the wrong path.

The same goes for blindly accepting something that goes against what society perceives as normal simply because it goes against what society perceives as normal, or because you want there to be a conspiracy theory. Seems to be fairly common. Just saying.

I find that a lot of times policies were made on something in society where the real reason the policy was made was different than how it was portrayed. You have to try to figure out the real reason something was implemented long ago. That takes a lot of research and studying of perception of the time. I understand that we were not let know things for a very long time and a knowledge of what was going on at that time. What seems irrational sometimes may actually have a hidden agenda. Like the government buying a lot of bullets so the public can't have any to buy. The people that have run this government were not dummies, I like to think of them having an organization that's analyzing things sort of like people mention a think tank that tries to steer society down a desired path. Trouble is that as people get more access to what is happening, it creates more conspiracy theories because people can't see the whole picture because they don't have access to all the information that is hidden.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

You have a lot of awareness from your experience. People don't believe that they have been led to believe a lie on a regular basis. A union of people is accomplished by them believing in the same thing. People want to hang around with others who believe as they do so they can reinforce their belief. This causes problems in the stability of an economy as more and more people take risks that jeopardize the security of the economy, it becomes a pattern and widely accepted to deceive others. Our Economy is not real right now, to have a solid economy of a country you need to produce most of what is consumed. Otherwise you export the money to another country. Everyone who wants to work in this country should be able to work.

There seems to be something fishy about your post....at the bottom

edit on 24-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Half of the time I have no idea if the poster is correct or making stuff up. Wait until you know a subject pretty well and you will see how bad it can get.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you're mining and only half of what you dig up is gold, then you've done well. I find it easier to sift through the crap on ATS for useful info than trying to sift through CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nicely put Ricky.

There's an old saying in the U.K, 'Where there's muck, there's brass'.

Half the stuff is crap and it's the crap we have to dig through to find something valuable. However, it certainly beats the 100% crap we're fed by the MSM.

I think this site came into its own over the last week or so, I certainly wouldn't have learned about the number of anomalies pertaining to the Boston bombings through the MSM, that's for sure.

I quite enjoy reading some of the speculative threads and then watching them picked apart by members. And who doesn't enjoy Arken's updates of the rock creatures on Mars?

I have certainly learned alot over the couple of years I have been here.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Half the stuff is crap and it's the crap we have to dig through to find something valuable. However, it certainly beats the 100% crap we're fed by the MSM.

Ba ya beat me to it.

MSM = 100% crap and mind play.
ATS = 50% crap and mind play.
At least on ATS I can filter the crap AND have a chance to post my own view.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Subjecting yourself to constant bombardment with all sorts of opinions and subjective observations will either warp your brain into madness (think watching every plane that flies overhead and holding you breath) or it will make you smarter. If you survive, you just might find that diamond in the rough.

It's forging a strong intellect with fire and water. It breaks some people. Being skeptical of everything is a burden. That said, ATS is better than some sites in this genre. Maybe the best?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth
They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!

where did you learn that?????

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by MountainLaurel

You have a lot of awareness from your experience. People don't believe that they have been led to believe a lie on a regular basis. A union of people is accomplished by them believing in the same thing. People want to hang around with others who believe as they do so they can reinforce their belief. This causes problems in the stability of an economy as more and more people take risks that jeopardize the security of the economy, it becomes a pattern and widely accepted to deceive others. Our Economy is not real right now, to have a solid economy of a country you need to produce most of what is consumed. Otherwise you export the money to another country. Everyone who wants to work in this country should be able to work.

There seems to be something fishy about your post....at the bottom

edit on 24-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

A thoughtful OP Ricky,
I think I should put some meat on the table, both in answer to your OP, and to this post,

www.aip.org...

The link is to a fairly comprehensive history almost to date, of the climate debate...sorry it's not a debate anymore is it?

It may bore the ass off you, (it did me) but it does show that much of the time has been spent by interested scientists in talking different kinds of of their own crap, nurturing and cajoling their own findings, until finally they are no longer at odds with one another, and they all finally believe...HALLELUJAH!

It doesn't matter that a stand alone scientist's findings may be dodgey, all is needed today is to ask a climate scientist is global warming true, and he/she will say yes.... Feck it I messed up, It's now climate change..hold on...it's called something else now??
Anyway, you get the drift, much of the crap/AKA shiite is coming from the well paid confraternity of who's who. Much of the crap you get on ATS is for free, and so is the often, real information. This is a goodly thread, cheers Smurfy.
edit on 24-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

half? You are too generous...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I hope this isn't a ' new ' revelation. You don't need to be an enlightened philosopher to see how much BS some of the more... ' irrational ' minds produce on this site.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Very good post! It went in an unexpected direction. It is definitely true that half of ATS (at least) is crap, but that doesn't make it any less valuable - I've posted stuff on here I was wrong about, and it is truly a great place to do that, as people will correct me and show me evidence to the contrary.

But seriously, I use ATS as a place to flesh out my theories and ideas, as do others, I find the criticism, civil discussions and even disagreements very helpful!

When a new news story breaks, it is also so much more fun interacting with people on here than it is just reading about it in the news, and I learn so much more about things, all kinds of things, because I get to talk about it!

:-) So the crap is pretty much just as important as the other stuff. At least on ATS, most people are *trying* to investigate and find the truth, unlike the U.S. MSM.

And that means they should be free to speculate, even if it ends up being crap, that's the only way to know for sure, if people are willing to discuss their ideas and have them be debunked.
edit on 24-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I hope this isn't a ' new ' revelation. You don't need to be an enlightened philosopher to see how much BS some of the more... ' irrational ' minds produce on this site.

I don't think Ricky is talking in quite the same vein, but then maybe I just I am misinterpreting what you are saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"99% of everything is crap"
-Sturgeon's Law
edit on 24-4-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The other half is not.

Is your glass half full or half empty.

P

Well... either way, half of the glass is useless.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well - for all the crap - the pearls are worth the wading.

I love this place. It makes me grow. It forces me to take off my rose colored glasses and look at all the different sides of us - humanity.

I miss my rose colored glasses.... I try to slip them back on as often as I can - but ATS members say - "NOPE, face reality". I won't bury my head back in the sand...I will not. I will learn. I will continuously change! From all the agreement, and disagreement. You can't find this sort of dynamic on other sites. And people run from this sort of dynamics in life. I wouldn't trade away ATS - and the pleasure to know all of you, whether I agree with you or not - for the world.

Cirque
edit on 24-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join