It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the stuff on ATS is crap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Our job on ATS is to find what truth exists in this crap. To find out if what is perceived as reality is really real. To try to see what others are seeing in what they observe.

If we blindly accept what society perceives as normal because of the conditioning that we have been given, than we are following the wrong path. MSM is screwed up. People's perception in the world we live in is distorted. People don't believe what is really happening even though evidence is out there that proves it may be happening.

When I was young my father told me to believe half of what I hear and three quarters of what I see, nowadays the percentages are changed, we can now only believe half of what we see because of technology. The problem is getting worse. I turned to science to steer my perception but found that evidence can be misinterpreted to be used against us. Motive is often used to acquire evidence, this motive can distort reality. I see a lot of people here trying to decipher the truth in the crap we are being fed.

So the results of the threads here usually steer us closer to truth but if evidence from conditioning tactics is used it steers us farther away from truth. Evidence has to be applied correctly knowing the parameters before it can be correctly applied. We should not assume that mankind knows more than we do. If we knew everything than we would not need scientific studies anymore. Funny thing about all of this is that I have found that you can only believe half of what scientific conclusions say are real also. Interpretation of scientific evidence is not science, it is structured on belief and consensus of the time.

I like it here on ATS. It makes me think, opening up my mind to possibilities. With all the UFO sightings through out the years, I feel there is something there. Trying to figure out what these UFO's are and who is making them is my only question. I know people personally who have seen these things, people I know are normal and have good perception. I cannot blindly accept that these do not exist just because I have not seen one.

I see corruption in our government and financial system. People locally know it is happening but don't know the full extent of it. Most of the people can't believe it could be so bad as it is. Not all the politicians are corrupt, just half of them. Some don't even know that they are naive and are believing so many lies that are fed to them.

In ending this post, I have to say....I am glad to be here with others trying to find the truth in all this crap. So in the end you can believe three quarters of what you see and hear on ATS. That is a big improvement over the fifty percent in society

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'd say a more than half of this stuff is total garbage.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've seen a couple UFO's here in the UP.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

The people I have talked to that said they saw something, or definitely believed they saw something. One guy was a pilot in the Airforce long ago and assumed what he saw was some sort of secret government technology. He said at least five people saw two things around the local mine one day, moving around in a weird pattern unlike any aircraft he had ever seen. No matter who built it, it is still considered a UFO.
edit on 24-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Exactly...but we have to realize a lot of it pure speculation. There is a lot of news however that I have read that I never would have seen.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by Covertblack

The people I have talked to that said they saw something, or definitely believed they saw something. One guy was a pilot in the Airforce long ago and assumed what he saw was some sort of secret government technology. He said at least five people saw two things around the local mine one day, moving around in a weird pattern unlike any aircraft he had ever seen. No matter who built it, it is still considered a UFO.
edit on 24-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Sorry to hijack it, but you mentioned it and thought you would like to know. Also yes a lot of it is crap, a lot from people who don't know what they are talking about.

Saw three unknown lights that would go apart and come together. Then abruptly they took off at incredible speed together. Saw it with a friend at his camp, we weren't drinking.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Times never really change.

My Father pretty much summed of your OP in the earlier 70's, with one question he asked me.

"Do you believe everything you read ?"

Thanks Dad.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Half is a very high opinion, I'd say ALL of it.
The good stuff gets folks banned and threads 404'd.
100 percent pure garbage, this is a debate forum...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I've actually learned more truth about the state of the economy from ATS than anywhere in mainstream media or the government sites. Not that the threads actually started out that way. Seems that a lot of people that know a lot about the economy input information into the threads.

I have also started to carefully examine the evidence much more that is used to make scientific conclusions in society since joining ATS. Much of the time the evidence that is used to write articles in society is misapplied or does not take into consideration something else that is important. Neglecting whatever doesn't fit your perception is not good.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Yea, There's some real good stuff her but i's like digging through a litter box to find it.

This my favorite place to read about lost civilization finds not the fantastical magic crap but the real stuff

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is this not a RANT I see before me?

Chit-chat 'tis not,

more "tut tut" than "chit-chat"

EVERYTHING on ATS is true or important in some way to someone online.

Even if it doesn't always make sense to you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

That's because at least half of your opinions are misguided or wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I like researching scientific articles on the net better than reading scientific books. It seems like experts in a field tends to know a lot about one subject but to fill up a book they have to put in stuff that they do not personally know about or have tested on their own. This causes problems in summaries made in the book. I try to research both sides of what I research and try to find everything in common or what forms the differences. This means I have to study parameters of the research that is used to form the articles.

In a book, you get one person's opinion. I find it is right sometimes but many times their perception is askew because of the knowledge they hold. Half of the info on the net is crap but it is easier to sort through crap when you can open up five windows from different perspectives to compare stuff with. I guess I have learned to utilize my ADHD
I should have been drugged so I couldn't do this and learned to follow what they were feeding me

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I've seen this before myself, way before I had my first beer. Lots to see in the woods at night.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Or half of everything is made up.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The other half is not.

Is your glass half full or half empty.

The half that is not crap is informative and generally unavailable elsewhere.

The half that is crap is entertaining to say the least.

Where else can you be kept informed and entertained all at the same time?

This is a good place to hang out.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Just remembered what Grandpa use to say.

"One persons crap, is another persons crap sandwich".

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ATS was founded on Conspiracy news- yet all is posted is gun laws, religion, stances on gay marriage and loads'a of other garbage. Its lost its foundations. There is no Conspiracy substance left. IssakKoi is one of the very last people that bring me here. The times of ProtoplasmicTraveler, Zorgon, MikeSingh, Skyfloating, Serbsta and many many more, have long gone - And its a huge shame

Great post ricky

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join