It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does the convienience of technology repress our extended mental abilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
just a thought for those open minded, if not, then press the back button in your browser now please. creative critique on the issue at hand, nothing like "extended mind abilities are all rubbish". anywho...

does the convienience of technology repress our extended mental abilities?

this idea has gotten me thinking a lot about what we may be capable of, and how we find other supposed conventional ways that just might be pushing these capabilities further from our reach. we all know that practice makes perfect, or should i say even just remotely possible, so thus an excuse to ignore practice will obviously dither such an alternative.

for example, communication is the head liner here. the telephone, cell phones, and the internet are technological extensions that imply that there are no other means of achieving their functions. this we've been taught, and has become part of our global acceptances.

table of relations:

phone/remote communication = telepathy

the internet/databases = global conciousness

cars/transportation = teleportation

remote control = telekinesis

as you can tell, the list goes on, and i have no doubt that some of you are familiar with them and their relations. now consider the right side being what we may be capable of, and the left side being what we turn to. in my opinion, the left side spells out profit and control, and the right, nothing but freedom and the essence of our will.

if this is a cover up, it has worked oh so well. those on here who may be slightly somewhat capable of such abilities, which we've all shared time and time again know the difficulties in mastering them, or let along becoming aware.

any thoughts on this relation, as to what else it may imply, who may be in the background, and etc, would be great to hear.

deaf fences hit.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow... You see, thats something I never thought about.

I just thought all that was invented to help out the average lazy capitalist... I think we stand to gain more from the less technological path.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
deaf fences hit, your inquiry opens up some fascinating concepts. The relationship between technological innovations and paranormal abilities is an interesting angle, and evocative.

A spin corollary would be the idea that perhaps the development of these technologies might lead to the discovery and implementation of the corresponding psychic ability itself.

A stimulating topic, giving much food for thought. I must meditate on this matter.

Thanks for an excellent post!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A spin corollary would be the idea that perhaps the development of these technologies might lead to the discovery and implementation of the corresponding psychic ability itself.

thanks majic, but perhaps it does seem to work that way, backwards. it just seems to me that it would be much simpler the other way around, ie; first the developement of the self, then the realisation that technology is not necessary. however, even though we 've taken the long run, it seems such proof is necessary for it to be considered a global acceptance. however, could such a thing be possibly considered as a distraction from our selves? even if we did discover these abilities through technology, it still seems to me that it'd be filtered through the power of control. once you tell someone what they have, you have immense power over how they get it and how much/far. that's the only reason i can think of why we'd go about it the way we do. if you think about it, we dont need technology at all... im looking forward to your future input. cheers, dfh out.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have thought about this before. I agree, our dependence on such technologies stops such a need for such abilities, so they are eventually lost.

Imagine life without modern technology... imagine what we could achieve then!

top topics

join