It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Solve It? Sherlock Needed!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

www.askives.com/what-is-aleister-crowley-wife.html

In 1904, Crowley and his new wife Rose travelled to Egypt using the pseudonym of Prince and Princess Chioa Khan

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

.... O_O Well, I guess Google didn't consider historical pseudonyms. And considering my lack of reading material regarding the life of Aleister Crowley, I don't have many other sources to confer with.

Well done, Mic. We make good team.

edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Thanks, but it was your mention of reversing it that tipped me off.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So I guess our next stop is Egypt, to look for Aleister Crowley's alias.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Unless River posts his/her next clue in the next hour and a half, I won't be participating in this game again until next Monday or so. Hope you guys can make do without me!

River, I really hope you don't decide to end this game during my absence. I'd be heart broken.

edit on 3-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Missed it, too. Nice work, guys!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to be heading out for the weekend here in the next 15 minutes or so...which means you guys will have to continue without me for a few days. I'm sure you can handle it. River, whatever you do, DON'T END THE GAME WITHOUT ME!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You land in Egypt, as you exit the arrivals lounge a man rushes up to you and says "come sir, we have much to discuss".

Without much option you follow the man into a waiting car, in the back is another man, you recognise him, it's Charles Herbert from Oak Island.

Charles explains that although you have almost all the components necessary to make gold, there is another element that's needed and that's a location, one required for all this to work. Crowley spent the night in the kings chamber of the great pyramid, and there was more of a reason for doing this than just to communicate with Egyptian gods. You guess that the pyramid is some kind of harmonic tool that enables certain vibrations to occur, these vibrations aid the making of gold.

Charles also explains the Golden Dawn are in Egypt waiting for you too, they also have the other Stele, a great showdown is about to occur between the AA and Golden Dawn with you stuck in the middle, something you're keen to avoid.

Deep into the night your car pulls up to the Great Pyramid, suddenly shots ring out, the Golden Dawn are attacking, Charles and his companion jump out the car and start shooting back, in the confusion you jump out too and make your way towards the Golden Dawn's car, open the trunk and take the other Stele before anyone notices. You make a run for the Great Pyramid, you enter, climb the ascending passage and come to a crossroads, one left, one right, two signs above each route....

Sign 1 -
(3,1,3,1) (1,12,1,3) (4,18,21,3) (7,8,1,1) (9,3,6,7)

Sign 2 -
(2,6,22,2) (5,1,32,1) (6,11,14,8) (3,10,2,3) (8,3,2,2) (2,3,3,4) (4,11,1,1)

edit on 3-5-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Managed to drop in to check on the game. A quick search gave me a long list of scripture to read. Someone should ascribe a letter to each number and solve the cryptogram...if it is one. If that's not it, not sure what else to do.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I noted the scripture thing, too. I did some peeking. Problem with it being scripture is that it could be one of many bible sections (ie. Chapter 3 verse 1 could be Ecclesiastes, Genesis, Proverbs.) We could try narrowing it down to Egypt sections of the bible but not sure if it would improve that much,
The other thing that I thought was 4 numbers in parenthesis so perhaps stacking like a Caeser's box code and using the simple alphanumeric code of a=1, b=2....That came up with gibberish for the first one and the second I didn't bother because of the 32 in the midst. Cross checked the numbers against other known alphanumeric codes and none of them that I found had all those particular numbers included. Thought that possibly there was a clue as to how to solve it (cipher) in the text but nothing really stood out aside from the one--location. However, it's definitely not a Caeser's box code as sign 1 would consist of 20 numbers and sign 2 has 28--neither of which are a square root. Just thought I'd give it a shot since the numbers are broken into equal packages of 4.

Knew that Crowley sometimes used codes and found reference to Dr. Dee and the Abbot of Telemethius' code. However, the Abbot's consists of making a grid of the alphabet where every new line simply has the letter shifting over one (ie line 1 begins with A, line 2 begins with B and so on). It's not number = letter. I looked for any theme within the numbers in terms of computations and patterns. Didn't spot anything there. A little stumped.

Just had a thought though...although there are references to Egypt throughout the bible, perhaps Exodus? What I'm thinking is that we're taking flight, are we not, from the two gun-fighting groups...exodus....you following my thinking?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

So for the first one, it would be 3rd chapter, 1st paragraph, 3rd line, 1st letter? Dunno, it's hard to say given the lack of direction. We have a puzzle and barely a clue as to where to start with it. I mean, that's cool and all, but a little stymieing unless one of us happens to be struck by the muses.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by WhiteAlice

So for the first one, it would be 3rd chapter, 1st paragraph, 3rd line, 1st letter? Dunno, it's hard to say given the lack of direction. We have a puzzle and barely a clue as to where to start with it. I mean, that's cool and all, but a little stymieing unless one of us happens to be struck by the muses.

Maybe all the answers are contained within this thread.

No need to look elsewhere.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Man, that would be my luck too. People shooting each other and I get stuck on a riddle I can't figure out.

It does seem to me like some sort of coordinates, but I can't figure out what to. Maybe we(you smart people) need to go back through some of the old clues?

Since there is more info now, perhaps it is in this thread as

Post, paragraph, line, letter.
edit on 6/5/13 by secret titan because: addition

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The numbers look a lot like matrices. You remember those, from algebra classes? I'm going to investigate that route, see if it gives me anything.

ETA: it didn't give me anything, but if anyone else is willing to try, go for it.
edit on 6-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Maybe all the answers are contained within this thread.

No need to look elsewhere.

Well, that's a hell of a medley to sort through. It's not like I wrote everything down and pinned it on a wall with thread woven around the pins like Sherlock Holmes did.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Sign 1:
QUEEN
Sign 2:
THE KING

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BugWhisperer

Sign 1:
QUEEN
Sign 2:
THE KING

Mind explaining to us just how you reached that conclusion?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sure! I tried secret titan's suggestion, and it turned out to be page, post, word, letter.

ETA All credit goes to secret titan. I was completely stumped!
edit on 6-5-2013 by BugWhisperer because: added more

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BugWhisperer

I would have tried that, but I'm too lazy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sign 2, 'The King', you turn right and continue to ascend until you reach the Kings Chamber, there in front of you is the following scene -

If Stele 1 is (A), Stele 2 (B), Dee's Mirror (C) and the 49 ingredients (D)... Where should you place each item to begin Crowley's gold machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join