It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would several simultaneous "mini" terrorist Attacks throughout America be enough to create Wide-sp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
cont. from subject "Wide-spread Martial Law"

Based on the current heart-breaking terrorist attack in Boston, in your honest opinion - what would happen if say half a dozen "Boston Bombing" similar scenarios occured simultaneously throughout the nation?

Would Martial Law be applied to the whole country?

edit on 24-4-2013 by Hydrawolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don't think the whole country but just the effected areas, but spreading panic through the country would definitly happen. There were a lot of bomb threats reported since Boston from people being paranoid.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

It all depends on who the enemy is, I guess....

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The mini attacks wouldn't even have to actually happen. The government could simply tell us that they had occurred. The news media seems to have gotten very little right about the Boston events... until the govt told them what really happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You have a good point there. It would all depend on how everyone would handle the situation and what kind of intel the govt already has.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
They diddnt declare ML on 911 so i doubt they would declare ML for a bunch of random attacks that kill small numbers of civilians.

Now if there was coordinated attacks against critical infrastructure and banks i could see it happening.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I believe at-least 6 simultaneous "Boston Bombing-like" events would seriously be enough to create "Nation-Wide" martial law. There are millions of sickos throughout the US just waiting for this opportunity to take advantage of a crippled system.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Six attacks?

Paulty.

The question to ask, is why haven't six or even 1000's of simultaneous, relatively small bombings already happened?

If i were a would be chief bomber, and relax - i'm not, but hypothetically if i were, this would be a tactic i would most definitely persue.

Small untraceable devices in their 100's, packed with shrapnel and low grade radioactive material (easily obtainable, even online) and placed around the entire country, set to go off sequencially within minutes of each other would cause absolute terror.

Of course, this isn't something any reasonably minded person would want to see happen, let alone decide to carry out, but why hasn't someone or one of the many hordes and groups perportedly in the 'business' of Terror or to call them by their official title - Terrorists...already done so?

Nothing would be easier to do. Not much would come close to the levels of fear generated in the public of a radiological bomb, which even relatively harmless levels of radioactive material would be seen and reported as, since it would contain radioactive material (terror - remember, is designed to cause maximum terror leading to alteration of the way of life of your target).

The fact that the radioactive material would be pretty much harmless would be irrelavent..it would be a 'dirty radioactive bomb' in the peoples minds, and that would be enough to cause maximum fear. Multiplied by 100's of devices going off one by one around the country.

After the first 10 or so, there would be mind blowing panic, across the entire country.

Again...why hasn't this already happened?

Security obviously isn't on top of the situation, if we're to believe the Boston bombings are legit...so, are we to assume the gangs of Terrorists we are being told are focused and solely intent on murdering all of us in our beds, are relentlessly plotting to cause maximum disruption to our way of life 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...simply what...unimaginative?

Not clever enough to think big? 9/11 was pretty big and imaginative...so it can't be that reason.

Could it be, possibly that the 'Terrorism threat' is actually more just an imagined threat, repeatedly ramped up by the MSM and Government, than it is actually a real threat?

The absence of the 6 bombs or even 1000's of bombs scenario you put forward seems to prove it is so.

IMO, we are all being had BIG time and have been for well over a decade.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It would have injure or kill a lot of people in some well populated area or events, where mass hysteria would happen. Matial law isn't used just for fun but to help protect you as well. Don't get me wrong, I believe more will be hurt because of it but people are people and they look for chances to harm others for thier own gain.

But if there was a flash mob bombing in most major cities, I think it will be instituted.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well they had enough troubles capturing a scrawny 19 yo terrorist without his main ring-leader with neighborhood assistance. Multiply that by six and multiply it by more assuming the terrorists are experienced and have devoted their last 10-20 years for this. And don't forget about the non-terrorist US citizens who are pissed off with being owned and deceived and # on!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Theoretically......a couple going off hidden in rubbish bins around the city timed to go off 30 seconds apart during peak hour.

as people run in fear a couple snipers popping off people.

only one shot from a certain direction so you couldnt actually pinpoint their position due to the echo off the buildings.

you wouldnt need to target major infrastructure. its too guarded and requires too much effort.

quick easy targets against the public would shut down cities as people stay home in fear.

government is not short of scapegoats to pin these attacks on.

even blackwater could be hired for the job.

remember the panick that sniper pair several years ago put into people when they were shooting out of the trunk of a vehicle?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am not looking for stars and reputation here. I could not give a # about "fake" status. The USOFA would not be able to seriously handle atleast 6 wide-spread "mini" terrorist attacks. Disgruntled US citizens will take the war(s) into their own hands as long as opportunity allows.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
Well they had enough troubles capturing a scrawny 19 yo terrorist without his main ring-leader with neighborhood assistance. Multiply that by six and multiply it by more assuming the terrorists are experienced and have devoted their last 10-20 years for this. And don't forget about the non-terrorist US citizens who are pissed off with being owned and deceived and # on!

The latest suspect wasn't caught by law enforcement. How will they go with atleast six of them? 50% at best...and that's a major over-exaggeration!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
WTF!? It's like a frickin' terrorist think tank in here!!

I've seen enough.

I'm calling DHS!

Lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We will never know what would happen til it happens. I can only hope that they already have a plan for such things but as of now I 'm not that confident in it. Some of things that have happend didn't look like it went like it was planned and a lot of people tend to freak out over small things.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
WTF!? It's like a frickin' terrorist think tank in here!!

I've seen enough.

I'm calling DHS!

Lol.

OK, I apologise! Lets not ever think about such a possible #ing scenario. Best to play ad-lib and denial game and play the ad-lib game when and if it actually happens. Impossible! WTF was I even thinking? The US Military can confidently handle anything, even spontaneous scenarios derived from the initial terrorist instigators! The US citizens are in complete harmony and will never interfere with martial law! Even if it is only for 48hrs. They feel such a safe prescence with the tanks in their streets and the un-authorized house-raids and terrorists roaming their land!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Not in the Republican states, thankfully. Any attempt at over reaching by the Federal Government will be stopped in the Red states, and rightfully so. Even some of the Blue states are far too conservative to allow Federal control.

This is a very large country and the media centers of LA, NY, and DC are not representative of the entire nation, not by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You guys have too much faith in your government. They did not locate bomber suspect #2. It was an ordinary US citizen who can take the complete wrap. The kid was a scrawny brainwashed 19yo. If they cannot catch an amatuer, how in #s sake are they going to resolve simultaneous Serious and experienced "Actors"? spread throughout the entire nation?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
You guys have too much faith in your government. They did not locate bomber suspect #2. It was an ordinary US citizen who can take the complete wrap. The kid was a scrawny brainwashed 19yo. If they cannot catch an amatuer, how in #s sake are they going to resolve simultaneous Serious and experienced "Actors"? spread throughout the entire nation?

^This And Only This^

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

TOO LATE, BRO!

THEY"RE ON THE WAY!

top topics

join