It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Kack-a-Lack... It's a Clowder ATTACK!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

Sort of an unusual thread for me, in a very usual sort of way... I just want to share my band The Clowder with you all. This site has become a cherished community to me (not without its obnoxious siblings, but that's neither here nor there) and I want to show you what I've been up to...

clowd·er noun ˈklau̇də(r) Definition of CLOWDER : a group of cats

The Clowder was formed in Elgin, IL early 2013 by singer/guitarist Frank Liston, who juxtaposes a catalog of his original solo material with the styles of newly joined members Bobby Gancarz on drums, and bassist Kyle James. What results is a sound that ranges from dirty, raw blues, to smooth melodic pop,even examples of jazz and R&B can be heard within a Clowder set list.

For years prior to forming The Clowder, Franky "Dank" Liston, developed an extensive collection of music, even establishing himself as an entry level solo artist.However, throughout the years, he always felt something lacking in his musical formula.

One element in that formula was discovered upon inviting drummer Bobby Gancarz to jam. Bobby had played for the Chicago hard-rock band Red City for several years prior, and has attained a very solid, driving and yet accentuated style, influenced by classic rock, funk and African drumming. The pair continued jamming and even performing small gigs at local Elgin bars, yet still something was missing...namely the right bassist.

It was at one of those local gigs that they found that bassist. Long time friend Kyle James was not originally a bass player at all, rather possessing years of experience on the guitar. Influenced heavily by metal and progressive music, Kyle was the front man for Elgin death metal band Kryptic Katalyst, and later played bass for doom metal band Eve's Downfall. His flipped, left-handed style provided the driving, heavy low end the band needed to fulfill it's sound.

We can be found on:
Facebook
Reverbnation
and Soundcloud

Thanks for reading!
edit on 24-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OOh something is wrong. Band thread without dubious multiple youtube videos to PROVE it.

Urhmph. I . You. Something.

*runs away from scary unexpected conscientiousness*

*peeks out from corner*

I'll have to have a gander now, this is weird. Oo

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hahaha, measured caution is a virtue well kept.

I appreciate you checking us out though... it seems the rest of ATS couldn't be bothered

new topics

join