It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alice In Chains - Stone (latest single)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
After a quarter of a century and the death of their front-man Layne Staley, Alice In Chains still continue to raise the bar to a whole new level!

Don't waste this song through crappy computer speakers!

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Alice In Chains' new album - "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" - is set for release on the 28th of May.

The first single (album "teaser") to be released was "Hollow"

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
After a quarter of a century and the death of their front-man Layne Staley, Alice In Chains still continue to raise the bar to a whole new level!

Don't waste this song through crappy computer speakers!

Underrated band. and the irony is I was reading about Laynes death the other night, after forgetting all about AiC for so long. I used to really dig the tunes, back in the 90s too, and when I realised he'd died.. I spent over an hour reading about it.

Friggen sad. And sometimes to read about someone so stuck in a trap.. that I'm all to familiar with is bloody scary.

They say hitting rock bottom is the only way you can bounce so high. But then, I just find a newer lower bottom.

ahha. i made it 6 months and 6 days. how many times. how many god damn times. you jump off the mortal coil eventually. really when you're in hell, how can you find heaven.

heaven beside you, hell within...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I miss Layne, MTV unplugged still one of my favorite albums of all time for any band.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Here they are on the Jimmy Kimmel live show a couple of weeks back performing the two above mentioned songs to promote their up-coming album - "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here"

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So nice to see some "Real" Alice In Chains admirers commenting on this thread! Stoked!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
"Into the flood again, same old trip it was back then..."

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Wow. That just took me back 20 years or so. Along with Nirvana, Alice in Chains was music unlike anything ever heard before in the early 90s. I was rocking about 15 seconds in. They certainly haven't lost that edge and that unique style.

Who's fronting them these days? I could go google it, but can't be arsed tonight....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
"Into the flood again, same old trip it was back then..."

Thanks for posting this!

I had forgotten how much i loved "Would?".
What a great song.
Just read where they did a tour with Deftones and Mastadon and I missed it!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks guys...Their new front-man is William Duvall...Here he is doing one of AIC's classics justice live with his obviously amazing vocals! Once again please listen to this through quality speakers!

Jerry Cantrell picked him for obvious reasons. Comparison-wise, Chris Cornell rings a bell!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Awesome.

I didn't realize they were still around.
I've never gotten to see them live, I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for the tour.
I got to see Jerry about 15 years ago, and it was a bad as show.

Thanks for bringing this here. I'm digging it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Havn't heard these guys in a while.

join