It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Japanese Officers To Participate In "Island Recapture" Drill In California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Zerohedge - 1,000 Japanese Officers to participate in "Island Recapture" Drill in Southern California

Japan's Defense Ministry said on Tuesday that "about 1,000 officers of the nation's Self-Defense Forces will participate in a U.S. drill to be held in California in June involving recapturing control of an isolated island."(Kyodo)

This is the latest in a round of troop deployments, generally falling under the umbrella of drills, around the world.

The Japan Times - Eight Chinese vessels enter Senkaku area

Along with military movements associated with Senkaku and North Korea over the past month, there seems to be a substantial amount of activity.

LA Times - Step Toward Possible Military Intervention in Syria

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is sending about 200 troops to Jordan, the vanguard of a potential U.S. military force of 20,000 or more that could be deployed if the Obama administration decides to intervene in Syria to secure chemical weapons arsenals or to prevent the 2-year-old civil war from spilling into neighboring nations.

Jerusalem Post - US Commander Visits Israel to Finalize Drill

Last week, Lt.-Gen. Frank Gorenc, commander of the US’s Third Air Force based in Germany, visited Israel to finalize plans for the upcoming drill, expected to see the deployment of several thousand American soldiers in Israel.

ATS - China Carries Out Artillery Drills Near North Korean Border

From increasing boarder patrols, live fire exercises to repairing old weather worn fences and installing cameras on them it all seems to me China is prepared to stop any and all refugees who would flee across the boarder.

And in India...

ATS - Chinese Troops Intrude into Indian Territory in Ladakh

A Platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, Troops from Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) have also established a camp approximately 300 metres opposite the location, the sources said. ITBP has asked for a Flag meeting with the Chinese side but there has been no response as of now, sources said. The Ladakh Scouts, an Infantry regiment of the Indian Army and specializing in mountain warfare, has also moved towards the area where the situation was described as tense.

The Guns of August once again?

SO GORGEOUS was the spectacle on the May morning of 1910 when nine kings rode in the funeral of Edward VII of England that the crowd, waiting in hushed and black-clad awe, could not keep back gasps of admiration.

LA Times - Military Spending Rose in Russia, China, fell in US in 2012

Although the U.S. still accounted for 39% of global military spending –- far more than any other country -- belt tightening and the drawdown in Afghanistan contributed to a 6% decline in expenditures from the previous year, Perlo-Freeman said. Military pending in western and central Europe dropped 1.6%. Meanwhile, Russia increased its spending 16%, part of a massive plan to modernize its armaments, according to the report. Chinese military spending was up an estimated 8%.

The LA Times article feels contrived. I'm not disputing the accuracy. But why is a reporter for the LA Times focusing on:

new figures released by a research group based in Sweden.

Other notable sources of information:
ATS - Korea : Status of United States Forces and Early Signs of Changes
ATS - More US Deployments
ATS - North Korea Watch 2013
edit on 24-4-2013 by PointDume because: Added a couple more sources

edit on 24-4-2013 by PointDume because: Added a quote

edit on 24-4-2013 by PointDume because: added links

edit on 24-4-2013 by PointDume because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Good effort , star and flag.All these thing's are coming together.Notice how these stories are buried due to the Boston event.I have alway's warned member's here to watch the magician's other hand.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Good effort , star and flag.All these thing's are coming together.Notice how these stories are buried due to the Boston event.I have alway's warned member's here to watch the magician's other hand.

Thanks. I think that's an interesting point about Boston.

I also find President Obama's reconstituted cabinet of some note in regards to the potential for war.

War Cabinet

A War Cabinet is a committee formed by a government in a time of war. It is usually a subset of the full executive cabinet of ministers. It is also quite common for a War Cabinet to have senior military officers and opposition politicians as members.

I know it's Wikipedia, but I think it's a fairly well accepted concept.

We've got military-experienced individuals in at State and Defense now, as well as at CIA and DNI.

In addition, we have a Republican at Defense, which raised some eyebrows at the time of his appointment.

President Obama does currently seem to possess a properly constituted War Cabinet.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PointDume

Yes, there has been alot of head's rolling lately. Prehaps more obedient and corruptable replacements. I also am weary on the local front, of Obama's Council of Governor's and it's true purpose.At least unemployment will drop when the war start's hmmm.Let the rebellious serf's, let off some steam on foriegn soil instead of venting at the Goverment at home and if half of them don't return well and good.Win, win , win.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Absolutely INDEED.

Dimitru Duduman had prophetic dreams and visions of China attacking the West Coast WITH JAPAN . . . in WW3. The oligarchy has set it up and scheduled it. When remains to be seen.

Certainly the Destroyer-in-Chief in the Blackhouse has been doing all he can to neuter and spread thin our military to prevent us from defending ourselves very well, when it does come. Now he's added insult to injury by decreasing their pay! What traitorousness.

This sort of thing has been long in the planning. Many must be aware of such plans and schemes.

As we've seen with the false flags, the 'drills' are thin veneer screens for more advanced planning and working out of the details of our own demise as a nation with any clout or substance to hinder the overt rise of the satanic global government.

Purportedly Japan will be 'given' Hawaii as a reward for joining China in attacking the USA.

www.handofhelp.com...

I believed the first time I read his stuff that he was quite accurate. Just 'felt it in my bones.'

The general list of his dreams and visions documenting many having to do with Russia and China attacking . . . with Iran, NK et al . . . and at least one "European country."

www.handofhelp.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
NATO covers Russia, USA /Japan/AU cover China and NK, Israel and Saudi Arabia cover Persia.

Easy Peasy.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PointDume

star and flag! well thought out and presented. if i could mention one thing i think the India china thing is more of a common occurrence from what i have read.it would seem strange of china to provoke India if it thought it was going to enter war with the usa as India is far from a pushover and is one of the few nations that could match china in man power.

excellent presentation of alot of the chess pieces that are moving around the board at this time op again well done

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What I've learned in a few years at ATS... The most important threads don't always carry the most posts, flags or.stars. I believe this to be one of those posts.

And I won't take it a step further, like some, and say that "this speaks very much to the ignorance or lack of intelligence of the ATS membership, because I have come to realize that, at times like these, nothing more need be said... We all know what it means. It's a silent "knowing" between us. The truth of the matter is: we would often rather focus our attention on topics that take our mind away from the more stressful realities we face...unlike some others, I find no shame in making an effort to retain one's sanity in the belief that it may be useful at some time in the future. It's not as if there is a plan of action we can all join together to make the world a better place, so most.of us are waiting...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
What I've learned in a few years at ATS... The most important threads don't always carry the most posts, flags or.stars. I believe this to be one of those posts.

And I won't take it a step further, like some, and say that "this speaks very much to the ignorance or lack of intelligence of the ATS membership, because I have come to realize that, at times like these, nothing more need be said... We all know what it means. It's a silent "knowing" between us. The truth of the matter is: we would often rather focus our attention on topics that take our mind away from the more stressful realities we face...unlike some others, I find no shame in making an effort to retain one's sanity in the belief that it may be useful at some time in the future. It's not as if there is a plan of action we can all join together to make the world a better place, so most.of us are waiting...

I do hope we aren't clandestinely marching towards WW3. But I do see more and more patterns everyday that suggests we are.

Reuters - China Responds to Japanese-US Drill

Meanwhile, it looks like South Korea is on verge of pulling out entirely from Kaesong:

IB Times - North Korea warns South Korea on Kaesong

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
star and flag! well thought out and presented. if i could mention one thing i think the India china thing is more of a common occurrence from what i have read.

That is interesting. I'll dig around and see what more info I can find.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Those who the Gods wish to destroy, first they make Mad!

If you wanted to clear this planet of any life you didn't want on it you could do worse than sending the World's Misleaders completely Insane, which is what they appear to be. (In my humble opinion)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
S&F

Remember US's Hiroshima, Naga & the Seizure of Hawaiian islands!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Every time there is an issue with Chinese vessels approaching around Senkaku, the PRC floods US media websites with pro-Chinese commentators who shout down anyone suggesting that Japan has a right to defend them. One of the most pronounced cases of this can usually be found on CNN, which still allows comments and does seem to keep track of this story fairly regularly.

This has led me to believe that the dispute may well be more a PR campaign than a lead up to a military clash between China and Japan... at least for now. Regardless of the growth of the Chinese navy, the Japanese Maritime/Naval Defense Force is really cutting edge and very good. In a limited military/naval conflict, they would likely really embarrass an invader.

As far as the 'Island Recapture' drill? The US and Japan have a lot of common interests in the region, not the least of which is keeping China from doing what Japan tried to do during WW2 with their their dream of the 'Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere', all under the flag of the Rising Sun.

Of course, China likes to plant the notion in our heads that Japan is the real threat...

top topics

join