It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript, never shown/revealed Chris Matthew's interview with Cardinal Bergolio...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
...BEFORE the Conclave.

I'll post the link, there are so many gems, the whole interview is one. The now Pope Francis spells it out, what is wrong with our nation. Thank you Catholicbinder.com.

+ + +

www.afterthewarning.com...-23-13a

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
MATHEWS: Well, let me get into it directly. Last conclave, you were almost elected Pope. Can this happen again?

BERGOGLIO: What? That I will almost be the Pope, again?

MATHEWS: No. Will you be the next Pope?

BERGOGLIO: Friend, I'm only jesting with you. I understand the question. I will not be the next Pope

MATHEWS: Why not?

BERGOGLIO: I chose not to. God has someone else in mind I'm certain.

MATHEWS: But you would take the job if it were offered.

BERGOGLIO: I think not.

MATHEWS: Why not.

BERGOGLIO: I believe I'm too embroiled in the secular fiasco. It is a spiritual job, and I'm a soldier. Look at the nature of power. In Europe first and now in America , elected men have taken it upon themselves to indebt their people to create an atmosphere of dependency. And why? For their own selfish need to increase their own personal power. I've been a keen observer of the effect this has on the people, especially the poor. They are very good at creating poverty where there is no reason to explain it. My job is try to alleviate poverty and if that means to oppose the cause then I will not be Pope.

MATHEWS: But you are worried you would be a spend thrift pope?

BERGOGLIO: Friend. Where did you go to school?

MATHEWS: La Salle College High School in Pennsylvania and.

BERGOGLIO: And after that?

MATHEWS: College of the Holy Cross.

BERGOGLIO: They told me you were Catholic. Once elected, the Pope is by virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error. God would change any spend thrift politician into a responsible Pope. I'm just saying I'm not that man.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
: They told me you were Catholic. Once elected, the Pope is by virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error. God would change any spend thrift politician into a responsible Pope. I'm just saying I'm not that man.

This is remarkable, because it goes WAY beyond the official teaching as found in the definition of the doctrine.
Officially, the Pope is "preserved from error" only when defining doctrines.
There is nothing about being preserved from error in the way he conducts himself, apart from that, and the history of the church suggests otherwise.
Surely Bergoglio should have been conscious of this distinction?
Or were the words put into his mouth by a layman journalist who isn't quite so well informed?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I read it.

It's planting time here in the rural state where I live, so I recognized the smell.

www.snopes.com...

It never happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

My second option, then; "words put into his mouth".

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by eight bits

My second option, then; "words put into his mouth".

8 bits is saying that it is a false story, as does Snopes, though interestingly enough that correspondent, George Weigal, (if I have the name right) did have some time with the new Pope last year. I didn't hear what was said if anything, the video crashed.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Double
edit on 24-4-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, I got that.
But a false story is still putting words into his mouth.
As distinct from "Cardinal hazy on theology", which was the other option.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, I got that.
But a false story is still putting words into his mouth.
As distinct from "Cardinal hazy on theology", which was the other option.

It's probably an obscure joke, I could get Bernard Matthews out of it, that's a bit of a Turkey.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
...BEFORE the Conclave.

I'll post the link, there are so many gems, the whole interview is one. The now Pope Francis spells it out, what is wrong with our nation. Thank you Catholicbinder.com.

+ + +

www.afterthewarning.com...-23-13a

Posting new comment from the OP source, catholicbinder.com....

REMOVED-- I Have a New Hero!!!
REMOVED-- An Amazing Interview with Pope Francis

I have removed this article due to the possiblity that the interview may never had happened. As pointed out by some readers, Snopes.com claimed that this interview transcript was fake. Now, although I am also aware that Snopes is not omnipotent and isn't always correct (as seen here), in this case Snope's argument is compelling. In my heart, I feel that an interview may had actually happened and was never aired because our communist-controlled media would never allow such a tongue-lashing against the worlds 'golden calf' to be made public, but without any form of proof, I have no choice but to remove it from the site.

But just to be clear... I still this this Pope is gonna be GREAT for the Church and the whole world. God Bless.

top topics

join