It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Boston bomber was Alex Jones conspiracy fan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

PROFESSIONAL conspiracy debunkers are having a field day as ridiculous conspiracy theories about the Boston terrorist chaos burble up from the depths of the internet.

There's the man who was pictured standing on the roof at Boston. There are ridiculous, MS Paint-style infographics of Michelle Obama visiting Saudi nationals in hospital. There's a viral image of a 'suspect' caught on CCTV who has absolutely nothing to do with the Boston bombings. And what happened to that naked man?

Many of these theories are rooted in ideas posted on social media hubs such as Facebook and Reddit, in the comments sections of blogs and from the zany brainwaves of some of America's most prolific conspiracy theorists, like Alex Jones, who runs Infowars.com from his home office.

But there's a twist. There are reports today that the terrorist bombers themselves may have been inspired by web conspiracy theories such as Mr Jones'.

(Link)

Professional conspiracy debunkers? At least the MSM is acknowledging that they exist.

Interesting - although probably not surprising - that they have labelled the suspected bomber as an avid conspiracy theorist.

edit on 24/4/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A crazy guy that listens to Alex Jones? No way.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The only people I ever hear or see talk about Alex Jones today are "professional debunkers", internet trolls & bullies.

I don't remember the last time I saw someone reference Alex Jones, other than as a means for character assassination, or "pulled out of nowhere" as a way to somehow discredit a completely unrelated topic, by "associating" the debaters with Alex Jones.

Often times no one even addresses the person, they seemingly talk to an invisible audience, posting their trollish nonsense as everyone else around them goes about their business.

This comes as no surprise from me.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

Maybe the gov't should get a clue that anyone who has done any real research knows that alex jones is run by the gov't. Are they using him to find real terrorists? I doubt it. They're using him to label anyone that looks at his websit as terrorists.

Nah, that might acturally work.

They're just trying to make anyone who questions the gov't out as a terrorists.

Have seen this theory flying - especially on Fox News.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag
The only people I ever hear or see talk about Alex Jones today are "professional debunkers", internet trolls & bullies.

I don't remember the last time I saw someone reference Alex Jones, other than as a means for character assassination, or "pulled out of nowhere" as a way to somehow discredit a completely unrelated topic, by "associating" the debaters with Alex Jones.

Often times no one even addresses the person, they seemingly talk to an invisible audience, posting their trollish nonsense as everyone else around them goes about their business.

This comes as no surprise from me.

The problem is that Alex Jones has done this to himself, he is so incredible and has never, not once, actually been able to prove anything at all. In all his years of conspiracy BS he has never proven anything, and that's all people need to know.

Genuine conspiracies like Watergate were proven within a couple of years, were proven with evidence and facts (no photos with rings on them, not blog opinion posts, not Youtube rants by anonymous "ex military" or anonymous emails from someone who "once worked for the CIA"), but he has come up with absolutely nothing at all in his entire career. There are people in government who would RELISH the chance to find something to take down their opposition, but in all these years none of them have been able to find anything on anyone relating to any of the major conspiracies.

And, I fully expect to see people now complaining about how this is the conspiracy, that "they" (whoever they are) want to make all conspiracy theorists suspects or they want to discredit places like this. But you all do this yourselves by posting complete drivel about actors and repeating the ramblings of AJ - all with no evidence or even rational cause to believe something!

It's the same thing as all the pro-gun wannabe revolutionaries on here too. They complain about the government deeming some extreme pro-gun people as "threats to national security" then scream in the same post about needing a revolution!

And people wonder why the government would make such an accusation? People are in here complaining about being called a threat because they scream about their rights to own guns, and at the same time they make threats about how they might one day need to take out the government. Those same people complaining about being labelled are giving the authorities the reason to label them!

top topics

join