It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Sale: Nuclear Capable Heavy Artillery $118,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
With the ever present threat of nuclear terrorism from rogue countries and terrorist organizations, finding something like this for sale on the net just boggles my mind.

This is a self propelled howitzer, it is the largest of its kind. It can lob tactical nuclear and chemical shells 38 km or 23.5 miles for those of you who are old fashioned.

The weapon system is fully operational but can be disabled if required.

$118,000 usd
2S7 Pion

It would obviously be difficult to obtain tactical nukes or chemical rounds for this, but if the delivery system is freely up for sale then what is available on the arms blackmarket? I'm all for private military vehicle ownership for history re-enactment etc, I even concidered investing in a Stuart tank restoration project 20 odd years ago. But hardware like this for sale is nuts I think.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

After a few tests the US abandoned the Howitzer fired nuke, otherwise known as the "Davey Crockett Round" because it was a terrible idea.

Calling it nuclear capable is very misleading.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
It would obviously be difficult to obtain tactical nukes or chemical rounds for this, but if the delivery system is freely up for sale

A "delivery system" for nuclear or chemical is available in any car yard, boat yard, train yard also available for hire at your nearest airport.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by LeLeu

After a few tests the US abandoned the Howitzer fired nuke, otherwise known as the "Davey Crockett Round" because it was a terrible idea.

Calling it nuclear capable is very misleading.

Yeah but with respect, thats the US this is from the Soviet block.
And it is capable of delivering tactical nukes, there is nothing misleading about it.

The 2S7 ‘Pion’ is protected against schrapnel, small arms fire and NBC weapons. It is better than the US M110. It has a longer range and fires a heavier projectile. It has a range of 37.5 km, or 47.5 km with RAP shells. There are also tactical nuclear, chemical and concrete piercing projectiles. But all exept the concrete piercing projectile are believed to be out of service. Over 1000 have been built.

2S7 Pion

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by LeLeu
It would obviously be difficult to obtain tactical nukes or chemical rounds for this, but if the delivery system is freely up for sale

A "delivery system" for nuclear or chemical is available in any car yard, boat yard, train yard also available for hire at your nearest airport.

I agree with you but your missing the point of the thread.
There is military hardware freely for sale that is able to deliver WMD's.
Surley you can see how messed up that is?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Out of service when applied to military ordnance generally means they were destroyed or cannibalized.

As I said, howitzer fired nukes was a terrible idea, there is nothing tactical about it. No conventional military would use it.

It is extremely unlikely that there are still any nuke rounds in existence.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Nonstrategic Artillery nukes were commonly replaced by short range missiles.
But Russia, China, Pakistan and India all have Artillery nukes still.

From a report dated December 2012:

During the Senate debate on the new U.S.-Russian Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) in 2010, many Members noted that this treaty did not impose any limits on nonstrategic,or shorter-range, nuclear weapons. Many also noted that Russia possessed a far greater number of these shorter-range systems than did the United States. Some expressed particular concerns about the threat that Russian nonstrategic nuclear weapons might pose to U.S. allies in Europe; others argued that these weapons might be vulnerable to theft or sale to nations or groups seeking their own nuclear weapons.

Link

So 5 months ago US government was worried about Russian short range delivery systems being sold off and falling into the wrong hands. And now we see Russian short range delivery systems up for sale.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Well then, I stand corrected.

I didn't think it was possible, but I just lost even more respect for those other nations nuke programs. They are an even bigger joke than I thought.
Those gun type weapons were ditched a long time ago for a reason, they suck.

But anyway, good find

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

chances of getting it imported into any first world country in an operable condition = ZERO

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by LeLeu

chances of getting it imported into any first world country in an operable condition = ZERO

Yes, I agree nobody in their right mind would let this into their country.
However there are currently 2 guns up for sale and they seam to be in Central Europe, Czechoslovakia.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by LeLeu

Well then, I stand corrected.

I didn't think it was possible, but I just lost even more respect for those other nations nuke programs. They are an even bigger joke than I thought.
Those gun type weapons were ditched a long time ago for a reason, they suck.

But anyway, good find

Yeh, I agree. We live in a time where 3rd world countries want to go nuclear.

This particular item is old school Soviet tech and I agree with you that the warheads would be nearly impossible to get hold of. But the Russian nuclear disarmament has always been rather shady too.

new topics

top topics

join