It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Year old time capsule just dug up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Oh, now this is totally cool.

But while the news man is talking, he states that their using white gloves to preserve the state it's in, then the guy with the white gloves hands it to someone not wearing any gloves???

There goes the integrity of the preservation.

That made no sense.

Thought some of you on here might enjoy this read.

news.yahoo.com...

By Mike Krumboltz | The Sideshow – 11 hrs ago

The artifacts inside the copper chest were remarkably well intact. Credit for that goes to the church's Ladies Aide Society, the group that buried the capsule a century ago. The group buried the chest in double concrete walls and under 12 inches of concrete, according Fox News. It also left guidelines on how to unearth the capsule.

The chest was full of treasures. Among the finds: a newspaper from the day the capsule was buried (April 22, 1913); a dress; a telephone; a flag; a pen used by President William McKinley; a camera; and a pair of women's shoes that still had their shine. Perhaps most remarkable was a phonograph record featuring voices of citizens from the era.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
very interesting! nice post!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The chest was full of treasures. Among the finds: a newspaper from the day the capsule was buried (April 22, 1913); a dress; a telephone; a flag; a pen used by President William McKinley; a camera; and a pair of women's shoes that still had their shine. Perhaps most remarkable was a phonograph record featuring voices of citizens from the era.

cool

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
there aint no piece of paper with about a 1000 numbers written on it is there ?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A pretty good effort to bury it and ensure it was kept safe.

Good find MH, I hope they eventually have clips of the audio, I'd be very interested in that!

Mind you, they coulda given it to this dude tho;

He was 16 or so when it got buried. Mind you, kids eh.. oO

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The most valuable treasure in my mind were those indian artifacts. Especially that Choctaw bow.

Edit: I'd love to string it, nock an arrow and let fly.

edit on 24-4-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
The most valuable treasure in my mind were those indian artifacts. Especially that Choctaw bow...

the telephone is my #1... would be stylish to have a working one! i was happily surprised to see the capsule contain indian pottery and such too..

new topics

top topics

join