It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if?.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I'm just thinking and contemplating a "what if" right now. What if the Internet is being used as a sort of distraction for the masss while something more amazing and exotic than we could ever imagine is being developed, possibly even is use, right now? Seeing how the world works nowadays with the fragmentation of mankind/ society for someone's personal gain, I'd say that this is possible.

What if?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
its called darknet... come down the rabbit hole, experience the power of freedom. or some junk.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good question. Who knows. It's a big Universe and when it to comes to what we actually know about it, which is virtually nothing. We could probably know more if we'd stop sending payloads to a dead planet (Mars!). We have plants here on Earth that can communicate across hundreds of square miles. How do we know if ghosts aren't actually sentient beings, and we just get confused by millennia of 'spiritual' brain washing? How do we know what's on TV and radio and the interweb aren't actually coming from Zeta Rediculi ?
Maybe the Universe we can observe is just the spam folder on some Cosmic sized hard drive? Just a bunch of uncorrelated junk!

edit on 24/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
Hello ATS,

I'm just thinking and contemplating a "what if" right now. What if the Internet is being used as a sort of distraction for the masss while something more amazing and exotic than we could ever imagine is being developed, possibly even is use, right now? Seeing how the world works nowadays with the fragmentation of mankind/ society for someone's personal gain, I'd say that this is possible.

What if?

What could this more amazing and exotic thing be? I need examples!

Like, interstellar travel and trade? MIB stuff? Traveling between universes?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainpower2theMax

Wow, yeah that would work. I was thinking more along the lines of walking out of the DMV WITHOUT having suffered a mild stroke, or possibly, cone zones where there are actually people working!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

What if the Internet is being used as a sort of distraction for the masss while something more amazing and exotic than we could ever imagine is being developed, possibly even is use, right now?

Its called reality. It existed before the internet. I could prove it to you but first you are going to have to turn off the machine and go outside.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
its called darknet... come down the rabbit hole, experience the power of freedom. or some junk.

Or someones junk... usually being dismembered and then attached to their brothers left ear as some exotic new body art.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
Good question. Who knows. It's a big Universe and when it to comes to what we actually know about it, which is virtually nothing. We could probably know more if we'd stop sending payloads to a dead planet (Mars!).

What lieth beyond the ocean? Can it be eaten? Can it be worn? Can it be tamed?

Then of what good use can it be. Nonsense I say, and let us focus our concerns on the lands we currently walk, where we can eat freely, clothe ourselves in comfort and tame the wild to our will.

-- read on Ye Olde ATS, 1213.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hello ATS,

What if?

More to the point whats the connection to space exploration with this post

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

posted on 24-4-2013 @ 04:00 AM this post

Hello ATS,

What if?

More to the point whats the connection to space exploration with this post

Well, to the point, I do think that there's a lot more infrastructure in Space than we know right now but that's not my focus of this post. I want people to "stretch" their imaginations concerning what could be happening behind the scenes while we are occupied with the Internet; chat rooms, social media, email, etc. TPTB seem to be good at finding things to keep people busy while they "TPTB" work in silence. Just a little something for all of you conspiracy aficionados out there to think about.

new topics

top topics

join