It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul thinks its okay to kill citizens on American soil with drones, From His Lips

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

"If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash. I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

Likely losing my vote even before he officially runs in for President, Rand Paul has apparently reversed his position and now supports killing Americans with armed drones. Since when do will shoot people who rob liquor stores?

The most disturbing is I can't figure out if I was hoodwinked by Rand Paul and he was always like this, or if he has now been corrupted.

Will be interesting to see how he responds to the rage from his supporters. (Or those who HAD been supporters!)

Daily Paul

So if this was posted before, I apologize, I couldnt find it with search...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
it was posted ealier.. but still I support the pauls but I don't know what he is talking about this... why would a police officer or a drone kill someone for robbing a store for $50... that seems a little harsh.. Lets start with droning the banksters and politicians that walk out of their fancy office after stealing $50mil-50bil from the american people.. Then we can drone the $50 guys at the liquor store.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think Rand was "turned" the day he supported some other candidate for pres than his own father.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

If you can link the previous thread please for other users, we can have this one 404'ed, I suck at the new search.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow just unbelievable, I thought that guy had some credibility, turns out he is the same as others if not worse.

He could at least used an example of a murderer or terrorist, but according to his words robbing a store of some alcohol and $50 now carries a death penalty? without a trial? As he said "I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman" so really he thinks someone should be killed for just that?

I can't really say anything else, he said it all.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Rand most definitely isn't his Father. I fully supported and respected Ron Paul while making full use of his campaign's training session for learning to effectively participate in the Caucus system for Missouri here. That alone was priceless but the rally following it was memorable as well. No teleprompters or notes needed for him and aside from how unlikely it would have been for others to work with him in Government, I'd have dearly loved to see him win.

Rand? Well...what I have seen so far isn't a man I'd cross the street to help if he desperately required it and nothing more. Not worth my time. I'm certainly open to seeing his approach and positions evolve, but it needs to be a logical evolution ... not a flip-flop for a run at higher office. Time is exceptionally short for that to come in any believable way.

Hopefully this isn't the guy running as the "outsider" in 2016 or it won't be worth making a selection on the top race.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

"If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash. I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

Ouch. That is a disturbing statement on so many levels. He should have spent a few more seconds thinking before speaking on that one. I don't trust this guy one little bit anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Disappointed in the extreme! Another compromised polititian! BOO-HISS-THROWN ROTTEN TOMATO!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ha!
Awesome, usually he''s the pot calling
the kettle Hitler.
edit on 24-4-2013 by sealing because: Better

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think we just found out why the feral government has a budget problem. Using a drone to engage a target outside of a package store sounds kind of pricey. I am assuming the thief maimed or killed the clerk in this scenario. Of course, if the drone used a laser to cap the thief, that would be cool!
Maybe we could train pigeons to seek a certain color laser and then have the pigeons in a cage hanging off the drone and the pigeon has a poison/sedative syringe super glued to his/her beak and the pigeon would be released and fly down to the thief and stick him. Using pigeons for guided weapons, it's been done, no kidding!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It might help if you guys would read released statements as well.

Its called an analogy, a bad one, but an analogy.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Death sentence for robbing a shop? Ha what a joke

I don't believe he said this, or it has been taken out on context

Here is an interesting comment from the site to ponder at

Seems to me that Rand's comment here had an implied missing middle statement -- that the robber was branishing a weapon, threatening with the weapon. Police are not justified in shooting a robber who has already completed the robbery when the robber is not threatening anyone. Neither is a drone controller justified in doing so. I'm sure Rand gets this. However if the fleeing robber is threatening with a weapon, the circumstances change. It's no longer about $50 or the robbery; it's about the lives of the police officers and bystanders. I'm fine with police using advanced technology. The worry for me is that our technology keeps removing us from the blood and guts of violence. Guns did a similar thing three centuries ago when they became both more accurate and widely available. They made it easier to kill because killing was more removed. Bombs certainly have as well. Killing by drone removes the act even further. It just seems to be that human judgement is so enmeshed with the visceral response we have to the experience of violence, that if we remove ourselves even further...I don't know what the "if" is actually. It just makes me a bit queasy. Can drones even aim at a shoulder or knee? Or is is all top of the cranium? Can drones fire warning shots that are meaningful to a flipped-out, on-the-run robber? I don't know. I hope that Rand is not suggesting that drones should shoot some idgit who hit up a shop for $50 and has a gun on him. I hope he means an idgit who is threatening people with that gun. In which case, the $50 heist isn't the drone-worthy crime, it's the imminent threat to innocent life that is. I hope he just misspoke.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Considering good intelligence and forthright integrity usually skips one generation in a family, the day Rand Paul has a child, things might, from a political point of view, brighten up for US.

edit on 24-4-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul needs to discipline his delinquent child.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I'm not home at the moment, but I am calling BS on this. I would wager the video is purposefully out of context.

The guy filibustered for 15 freaking hours for this.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sen. Paul Statement on Domestic Drone Use

Apr. 23, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Sen. Rand Paul released the following statement this evening following erroneous reports of a change in his position on the use of domestic drones.

"My comments last night left the mistaken impression that my position on drones had changed.

"Let me be clear: it has not. Armed drones should not be used in normal crime situations. They may only be considered in extraordinary, lethal situations where there is an ongoing, imminent threat. I described that scenario previously during my Senate filibuster.

"Additionally, surveillance drones should only be used with warrants and specific targets.

"Fighting terrorism and capturing terrorists must be done while preserving our constitutional protections. This was demonstrated last week in Boston. As we all seek to prevent future tragedies, we must continue to bear this in mind."

Some of you who are so quick to jump the gun, with a complete disregard for the context, might benefit from reading this: (from yesterday's)

Congressional Testimony on Constitutional and Counterterrorism Implications of Targeted Killing

@ the OP who says that the Senator is "likely losing your vote before he even officially runs (in) for President" … well you may vote for whomever you so choose, of course – but in reality, lots of luck to you in finding someone with a track record of supporting the Constitution, who also has the attention of our monolithic media complex.
Which, unfortunately, would be required to, you know, … win.
One of the major take-aways from a year ago, if catch my drift–

edit on 24-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Seeing all the statements, I can't help but wonder, did any of you actually watch the video so get some context of that statement? Stupid analogy, but he is against drones for useless surveillance. He supports the use if it's to curtail an eminent threat. Like a bombing suspect hiding in a boat. He said they have no business looking into peoples back yards.

I swear, some of you people are so easily swayed with a thread title. Ignorance denied? doubtful.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Rand Paul is not his father and is only slightly different from already exists out there. He lost my credibility when he had issues with reporters and tried to get them arrested and their press credentials revoked. Abby Martin from RT and another reporter had some big issues with him.

If drone statement didn't change your mind, maybe this will:

edit on 24-4-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The remark is disturbing but taken out of context. Rand Paul was trying to say, if they man robbed the liquor store, had a gun and was threatening violence with the gun and had to be shot, it would't matter if a police officer did it or a drone / drone operator did it.

Rand Paul doesn't want assassinations of American citizens taking place on American soil using drones. He never said and is not saying now that police action that is taking place can't be enhanced by the use of drone technology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join