It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have Christ ? You will survive !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

hahahah....Ohhh excuse me Mr power prophet...."power" by the way fades like everything else..hope you have enough majik to transend death there...ace!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well you forced a second response from me. Breaking my own rule isn't that big a deal tho because I forgive myself constantly. I'm going with semi hatefully honest in your own rite. Will that do Wert ?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I am refreshed by your reply. Strengthened thru it by the ever lasting light of eternal mind. His will be done.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you have Christ [The savior of ALL men, especially those who believe.]? You will survive !

You will survive, even if you have to go into the Lake of Fire. Reconciliation with God has no options. It's not even so much that you have Christ, but that Christ has you. I don't have faith in my own works, or even in my own faith, but I have faith in the finished work of Jesus the Christ.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You will survive, even if you have to go into the Lake of Fire.

Oh, well that's reassuring!

I don't have faith in my own works, or even in my own faith, but I have faith in the finished work of Jesus the Christ.

It's like you have no self-esteem at all. Attachment issues like that can get pretty dicey, bro.
edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Lazarus, Lazarus, the name alone should remind you that hell for mankind is the second death.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, I don't believe them. I believe they only want to retain power and control and they'll say what they will, do what they will, to best position themselves to have it.

"Religion" does have a propensity of turning out those whose wish it is to control others. That's a trait of human beings as a whole, not any one particular religion. It speaks to the sinful nature in man that crosses all cultural, racial, religious/non-religious divides.

Read up on Hitler/Himmler/Rahn and come back and tell us Hitler and the Nazi's were followers of Christ.

Attacking the Vatican and the RCC, which in many ways is deserved, says nothing regarding the nature of the Universe and the reality of Christ Jesus. And while I'm, in no way, a Catholic and do believe they've committed horrible atrocities in the name of God, it's mankind that's flawed, not the Lord.

I hope you're right and people do read this and it's my hope that people do start to decide for themselves what they believe the truth is.

Loving people is more important than thinking or proving one is right or another is wrong, especially in this regard. That's a fools errand.

I love you, AI, I really do.

edit on 24-4-2013 by TheOnlyAnswer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe if we all pray really, really, REALLY hard -- that guy in Boston will re-grow his legs.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by littled16

On the day the religious realize they have wasted their existence being controlled by such a pitiful delusion I hope that they take pity on themselves and spare their own lives.

How's that randy? Is that hateful or honest?

Is that day before, or after the day that the vainglorious pursuers of self realize they have wasted their existence being slaves of the wretched and hopeless Ether which will take no pity on them as they live out the remaining ruin of their own lives?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes, but demons live forever. Therefore if you have Satan you will survive as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Randyvs, first off, thank you for your message. This is the kind attitude that humanity needs today.

Now I must say I am an Atheist. And I promise to respect your beliefs. I do not view those two guys in the video posted earlier to be true atheists. They are religious as anyone out there. It is just that their god is the absence of a god. So long as your beliefs do not infringe upon my rights, I will stand beside you when someone tries to force you to believe differently. A few weeks ago my grandson was baptized into the Baptist church. I was there to support him. And I will be there to make sure he has the right to believe as he wants.

You see, even though I don't believe, the views of others does not affect how I see the world. If you ask me to join the religious, I will politely tell you thank you but I am not interested. Do you want to pray for my soul? Please do so and thank you for caring. Why should I be offended that you care? I see those atheistswho fight too hard as the ones who can't admit they really believe in something.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

You can have your own personal dogma Cula. I won't take that from you.
But what your smiley face should remember, is in the end there will only be one truth.
What do you think the odds are that it will be something you just made up in your own
head ? I sure won't be counting on it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

I do not view those two guys in the video posted earlier to be true atheists. They are religious as anyone out there. It is just that their god is the absence of a god.

Pfft! And my Lamborghini is the absence of a Lamborghini.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"Enslaved by self." "Enslaved by religion."

To take it to it's most basic, we are either in slavery to humans (or ourselves), or we are in slavery to God. God has ordered me to feed the hungry, house the homeless, love my neighbor as myself, love God above all, and all the rest. Those commands push me in that direction. I suppose you could say Mother Teresa wasted her life enslaved to religion, but even is she was enslaved, she wasn't a wastrel.

For those who don't believe in God, the commads, or desires, come from humans. "'Do what thou will' shall be the whole of the law." I agree that can be lots of fun. There is probably no religion guaranteed to bring more happiness to you on Earth than worship of yourself. But is it true? Is it worthwhile? Is it meaningful? It certainly is self-centered, and leads to the question "What logical reason do I have to be concerned about anyone else unless they can serve my purposes." Forget religion, that kind of person does not attract me at all. He is a small, grasping, selfish, husk.

The Atheist not only has to believe there is nothing else, but he has to hope there is nothing else.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Your post deserves the stars of heaven. That's a little h for space. I am deeply touched by your reply. If only AI could just accept the positive message. He likes to think he knows everything tho.
edit on 24-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

AI you spend to much time on ATS to have Lamborghini. Who are you try'in a kid my man ?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your post deserves the stars of heaven. That's a little h for space. I am deeply touched by your reply. If only AI could just accept the positive message. He likes to think he knows everything tho.

The reason for my response is simple: I don't appreciate my successes in life being attached conditionally to the ghost of some long-dead revolutionary. I am responsible for the choices I make, and the consequences thereof are mine to claim. I take credit for what I have sown and reaped. Just because I do not follow in the footsteps of your precious idol doesn't mean I can't be just as successful as someone who does.

And I use the word "successful" in a broad sense. Whatever achievement or reward you are talking about, is included in that generality.
edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes, but as long as you try to distinguish and differentiate yourself from him (who is limitless love) you won't be able to love like him nor wield great power and influence as he did, or even get to drive a Lamborghini because he blesses those he loves with whatever pleases them so long as they place their heart first on him and on the invisible kingdom of God.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I do not want to get in a huge argument about this because it just gets old and circular but I would at least like to have a discussion about it.

To take it to it's most basic, we are either in slavery to humans (or ourselves), or we are in slavery to God.

Why can't we simply be free? Why does God (if said God does exist) need to be worshiped? Why not save us from the slavery of the flesh and let us explore creation unshackled from the bonds of subservience?

God has ordered me to feed the hungry, house the homeless, love my neighbor as myself, love God above all, and all the rest. Those commands push me in that direction.

I do not have to be told to be a good person, I have empathy. Why must one be commanded to do what is right and be rewarded? Why can't we choose what is right independently of command and without reward?

"'Do what thou will' shall be the whole of the law." I agree that can be lots of fun. There is probably no religion guaranteed to bring more happiness to you on Earth than worship of yourself.

I do not "worship" anything. Unless you believe the love of humanity/intelligence/compassion to be worship. No one in my opinion deserves true worship on the scale which gods command as it is the ultimate expression of ego. Why would one want to be worshiped? Respected perhaps, but worshiped?

But is it true? Is it worthwhile? Is it meaningful? It certainly is self-centered, and leads to the question "What logical reason do I have to be concerned about anyone else unless they can serve my purposes.

I am not kind to a stranger because he might help me, and I am not compassionate towards a criminal because he might hurt me, I do these things because our very survival depends on people doing these things. Everything we hold dear involves empathy, and the want for less suffering. If that is selfish then I am guilty.

The Atheist not only has to believe there is nothing else,

I do not believe in a god, not "nothing else"

but he has to hope there is nothing else.

I do hope for something else, I just hope there is no being who will condemn me for a lack of understanding, knowledge, or belief, or that I slept with someone out of wedlock

edit on 24-4-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join