It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush isn't stupid?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Could you guys do better?

How about you all stop bitching about how he makes grammatical errors.

Sure there were no WMDs that we have found, but Saddam has killed thousands and was an oppressive dictator. Is that not something that needs to be dealt with? I think that at the end of the day, if you still have your constitutional freedoms and liberties the president can't be doing too terrible.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14
Could you guys do better?

How about you all stop bitching about how he makes grammatical errors.

Sure there were no WMDs that we have found, but Saddam has killed thousands and was an oppressive dictator. Is that not something that needs to be dealt with? I think that at the end of the day, if you still have your constitutional freedoms and liberties the president can't be doing too terrible.

Who are you addressing?

In my opinion Saddam should have been taking out long before he was, weather he had WMDs or not, just as you said they haven't been found YET.

I personal think they were hidden, because in Saddams delusional mind, he probably thought ( or still thinks) he will be able to use them one day.

I mean how many fighter planes have we found ( and are still finding) buried and hidding in the dessert because he didn't want us to bomb them and distroy his air force in the original invasion?

I could care less about him makeing a few grameciral errors ( who here hasn't ?).

The only differance between him and any one of us is he is anylized and scrutinized by the entire world.

If we where in his position, or detractors would find something to nit pick about us aswell. Maybe not how we talk, but our weight perhaps, or how we walk, or our smile......

Like some one said earlier, when Reagen was in office he was called a war monger, now he is consider one of the greatest presidents because of his role in helping to end the cold war.

Thanks for letting me rant, let the bashing (flaming) commence.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think that bush gets star struck or nervous in front of crowds or when he wants to describe something and jumble his words up. he may seem dumb but without the camera or audiance pressure he might actually be cleaver maybe a nerd also.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I think that bush gets star struck or nervous in front of crowds or when he wants to describe something and jumble his words up. he may seem dumb but without the camera or audiance pressure he might actually be cleaver maybe a nerd also.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by The time lord]

I know I do the same thing, when doing a high profile presentation for work, or am exited about something, my mouth gets ahead of my brain. Sometimes I get talking so fast and want to finish a sentance or thought I run out of breath in the middle.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush is an incoherent boob.

I just LOVE that !! and its SO true !!

And about his I.Q. being higher that John Kerry's does not say alot...its like saying a rock is smarter than a stump !!

Does anyone ever notice than when Bush is speaking...he has this funny smirk on his face.......its blatant arrogance trying to be disguised as being serious or caring.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My momma always told me..If you smell like a Republican well your a Republican and if you smell like a Democrate then your a Democrate and if you smell like a politician then you just been rolling around in S^$t to long.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
WOW! This thread has been here for nearly 2 years now! I think Bush isn't stupid, but the people he supports are making him and his family more money than your favorite Hollywood Celebrity easy.

The War with Iraq, does break the Preamble to the Constitution of The United States of America, and I'm more scared that he'll try to gain more and more over basic free speech rights of the average person, and the people of the US won't have any control of their rights and even less control of them locally, thanks to some federal protocols, that they always insist must be done.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think that having a dumb president is the perfect excuse for when things go bad. Fahrenheit 9/11 seemed to highlight the incompetence of the bush administration but didn't go much further.

Personally I think Things like 9/11, Iraq and Katrina can now just be blamed on an incompetent president if worst comes to worst. When really this is hiding an agenda of there own.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
BO XIAN-
First off, thank you for the compliment! I wrote this originally because I really fear that the people of the U.S., and the world, are being blind to what is playing out politically. While I am skeptical of things such as the NWO and demon possession, etc, my view is largely the same, if more practical. Two more years since writing this have given even more examples of actions that are not politically sound, but have been deemed necessary by Bush and his advisors. Unfortunately, some of these actions have begun to look a little more sinister.
Nonetheless, I’m still of the view that there is an outside power whose threat has not been publicly exposed that is being fought against. The war of terror is part of it, and certainly all of the actions involved have been gathered under that umbrella, but that excuse seems pretty thin. Some say it’s all a part of establishing martial law; I say if that is going to happen, at least by the Bush admin, it would have happened already. Time is running short if there is a plan to pull something of that sort off, and be able to consolidate the power. Not to mention, it seems a little….dramatic. But what if we are at war, covertly, non-militarily, with a power such as China? If you look at relations between the U.S. and China, and actions of the peripheral of these relations, something seems to be stirring. Remember Bush’s roots. He’s been exposed to Cold War thought. Look at how brazen he often comes across about war. Ever think it’s just a façade?

For all of you who keep saying “he’s stupid, etc.:”
He’s a politician. No matter who his father is, no matter what he wants, to make it to the pinnacle as a politician, you have to BE a politician. And that means doing “all the right things” to gain and maintain public support. (That politicians are sickening for being this way is a whole other matter, and more a product of the people, than anything.) To do otherwise, as he has now, multiple times, is going against everything every politician is. Bush isn’t an old man. Do you think he is whimsically risking his political future, just because he is a “willful child?” No. Some of his policies are “pets,” so to speak, like the social security fix. He thinks himself a master businessman, and thinks he can fix these matters. Those matters aren’t what I was addressing, however. His “War on Terror” policies have been political poison, yet he deemed them necessary anyways. Doesn’t that make you stop, and think, “hey…maybe there’s SOMETHING to this?”

Good fails-
A scapegoat president? Unlikely. That is what aides have always been for. And as for the items you say he can be blamed for? The mistakes on 9/11 are the reality of a bureaucracy. There were some sketchy points, but an immense number of people had the ability to manitpulate that situation. The war in Iraq is, I believe, part of something deeper, but even if it is only what it seems on the surface, it was justified. Rogue nations cannot be allow to thumb their noses at the world forever, or the world will pay. I don’t think it should have fallen to the U.S. to have to take care of it, but, really, everyone else either didn’t have the power, didn't want to help out the U.S., or had their fingers in the Oil for Food pie. As for Katrina? Read beyond the headlines on that one. Politics, pure and simple. Those who covet the presidency used a natural disaster to try to bring down the president. Was the response as quick as it should have been? No. But whose fault WAS that? Why, we can’t blame the poor people of Louisiana, can we? Well, then it must have been the president’s fault. Ha! I have no love for the man, but I don't dismiss others as idiots just because I disagree with them, or because they aren't fantastic in front of a camera. We aren't talking about a movie star here. There is ample evidence that the man, and his advisors, aren't blind fools. So what are they up to?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
After reading peoples comments about 9/11, how it could have been prevented and how Bush is evil or stupid. Now what would have happened on 9/11 if the govt would have realized the planes were hijaked and were on there way to fly into the WTC and the Air Force shot the planes down before the could do this? How many people right here would be saying there was a conspiricy, or that the US used execive force, or it could have been done differantly.

Maybe the Iraq war is the same, If we didn't invade a couple years ago and get rid of Saddam, maybe today we would be talking about the horrors of Saddam, using WMD's gassing Pakistan etc....

Hignsight is 20/20.....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Great point on hindsight! Unfortunately, hatred knows no bounds. I'm not a huge fan of everything the current administration has done, however, I am able to look at it objectively. It is sad, however, to see the direction this community seems to be going, in the matter of politics. People here talking about "denying ignorance," "not being sheep" and speak of the media as being great decievers...yet so many have embraced the religion of president bashing, without having a real reason why, but doing it more because it is what is "in." (and I know some of you DO know why...but most of you haven't posted on this thread yet!) I say religion, because their fervor and inability to see any other perspective on the matter is very similar to religous conviction. I don't have a problem with whatever anyone might think; I do have a problem with inane replies that don't involve thought. I posted this topic in the first place in the hope of having a discussion on the posibilities. With the exception of a few replies, all I have received is an endless, mindless rant of hatred. Disappointing.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
No, Bush is not stupid. It's America that is stupid.

No offence to Americans

i want your head now, lol americans lets all go prtest now!

see we didnt blow that comment out of proportion

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
what if bush is though, seriously

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
punkmonkey14 said:

Hmmm, what you said in the above quote says a lot.

Well, on the phony search and the false pretence to war, Bush has killed thousands more innocent Iraqi citizens than Saddam ever has (Bombs do that), for a war that didn't have to happen. This all happened because of 911 remember, Saddam had nothing to do with the WTC.
Or did you forget that?

Well for the other half, you are losing your constitutional freedoms and liberties so by your own admission Bush is doing a bad job and getting worse all the time.

Ox

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have a quote for you here..
Kinda... touches on this subject..

"The enemy is anybody who is going to get you killed, No matter which side he's on" - Joseph Heller.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Friendly Fire

Originally posted by Ox
"The enemy is anybody who is going to get you killed, No matter which side he's on" - Joseph Heller.

Such a narrow view of friendship. :shk:

Sometimes one must destroy the body to save the soul.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
punkmonkey14 said:

Hmmm, what you said in the above quote says a lot.

Well, on the phony search and the false pretence to war, Bush has killed thousands more innocent Iraqi citizens than Saddam ever has (Bombs do that), for a war that didn't have to happen. This all happened because of 911 remember, Saddam had nothing to do with the WTC.
Or did you forget that?

Well for the other half, you are losing your constitutional freedoms and liberties so by your own admission Bush is doing a bad job and getting worse all the time.

It seems as though you have forgotten about this: www.abovetopsecret.com... This alone justifies the war in Iraq. Oh and so what, I'm not allowed to talk to al queada, big deal. I still the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness dont I?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
He is not stupid, he is evil. There is a difference. Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day. He's beyond that...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm not going to speculate on whether GWB is stupid or smart. As most (if not all) of you here, I don't know the man, I've never met him, I've never talked to him. Everything I know about him comes from the Television, newspapers, and the internet (which don't always happen to be the most reliable sources in the world, and since no one is without an agenda, it is hardly “easy” to receive unbiased information).

The popular view seems to be that he is "stupid", yet reading through all these responses, there are VERY few (if any) who explained in detail what exactly made them arrive at these conclusions. There is no list of specific problems encountered, and actions taken by the president that would make him appear to be stupid, or smart. Even if this were tried, I don't think any of us are aware of what is going on behind closed doors, what exactly influenced his decisions, and what purpose his actions were meant to serve. Not everything is (nor can be) made public.

Going to Harvard or Yale certainly doesn't make any person a genius. Some people are privileged enough to be able to afford the best tutors, the best schools, and the best opportunities through knowing someone on the inside. Some people have an excellent ability to memorize information, and happen to have an easy time taking exams. Neither group qualifies for the term "genius" based only on those abilities I just listed, yet both groups can (if they choose) attend the top schools in the nation.

Giving a flawless speech in front of the public also does not qualify you for a "genius". You may have a presence, and you may enjoy having millions of people listening to you, but simply because the camera loves you, your personality does not make you a genius.
I may not be the most intelligent person, but I don't consider myself a complete idiot either. I have great difficulty speaking in public. I forget my words, I say something I didn't mean to say, I jumble my sentences, and I can freeze up when everyone’s eyes rest on me. The paper may be right in front of me, but I will lose my place. This is just in front of a medium-sized classroom, and I can't imagine how I would react if I were forced to give a speech in front of the entire nation, knowing it would be analyzed, criticized, and talked about all over the world within a minute of it's completion.
Being the President can't possibly be an easy job. There is a great deal of stress associated with this job. If you look at Clinton's photos before he served as President, and compare them to photos of him after he left office, you see to what extent such a relatively short period of time aged him physically.
GWB may not be loved by the camera, he may not be loved by most of the media, nor by the world. People are very quick to make judgements, and worse,....some people simply take on other peoples' opinions without properly thinking them over!
You may dislike his policies, you may dislike his actions, but you must admit that very few people in the world understand why these policies and actions are being put into place, and carried out. Judging someone's intelligence based on his/her public image is hardly ever a smart move. You're relying on second, third, even fourth-hand information, sometimes information that has been "altered"!

I understand that sometimes we have no choice but to trust SOMEONE, but we must leave free room to a different interpretation, despite our emotional reactions to what we perceive to be "stupid" or "intelligent".

Hence,....I have no clear opinion on the intelligence (or the lack thereof) of GWB.
I'm now done ranting.
Rather a long post for someone who has no opinion either way.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I choose #4. But I will trade that for what's behind door #3.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join