It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush isn't stupid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
No one can get into Harvard, get a post graduate school from Yale, become a fighter pilot and get elected president of the USA and be stupid.... If being stupid was the main criteria for being president then Gore and Kerry would have been elected by a land slide!!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
hahaha...hahahah...that was a good one! :up ...... Poor US politicians....but at least one can laugh and kid around with them. Yer head would be on the chopping block if its some other nation

Ox

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The man is a moron.. Period..
He's not doing a good job and never will..
And here's your proof..

"Reuters - Mon Feb 6, 1:21 PM ET
WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush on Monday proposed a $2.77 trillion budget that cuts programs from Medicare to education, prompting Democratic criticism that the elderly and working Americans were bearing the brunt of his fiscal mismanagement. Facing election-year pressure from conservative Republicans to get tougher on spending, Bush asked the U.S. Congress in his fiscal 2007 budget to cut discretionary programs outside national security by 0.5 percent."

Wow.. Americans bearing the brunt of his screw ups so he can spend more money on what? NON of that money is going towards the "War on Terrorism" He asked for an additional $10 Billion..

Source: Yahoo News

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The democrats are whining about a budget they helped to create, and that makes Bush a moron? sad, just sad.....

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As with any politician, I have a split opinion.

Bush did not seem to stupid in Fahrenheir 9/11 (a very stupid movie itself) when he was sitting around at a tuxedo party with everyone laughing their butts off at how rich they were.

He said something like "Well, today I am surrounded by the Haves... and the Have Mores. Some people call you the elite... I call you my Base."

Ha ha ha, we are so rich and other people are so poor. That's hilarious.

Anyway, I disagree with Bush on some stuff, and agree with him on some stuff. Same with Clinton (Bill that is. Hillary actually might be legally retarded).

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Believe me, I'm no Bush-fan. And I'm inclined to agree that he does not present himself publicly in a very intelligent fashion - at all.

But still, how can anyone who does not know anything of the man other than what he presents and is presented about him publicly. simply state as if it were fact that he is stupid? Or that he is not stupid? Or that he is anything but what cannot be denied.

Such as:

He does have a smirk on his face at all times when he is in front of a camera.

He has a hard time getting the words out of his mouth, and when he does, he has a much harder time getting them to come out in the order he expected them to.

When he is at a loss, he makes up words and phrases (like "catastrophic success") without seemingly having much concept of what they mean - or don't.

He is not refined. He sits like a monkey most of the time while being interviewed, he blurts out such phrases as, "bring 'em on", when the timing for that sort of remark was a little off.

But even though he does the above, and much more that is not usually representative of someone who is supposed to be setting an example for the country/western world, it does not make him "stupid". It does not make him "not stupid".

He just is not a good leader.

Enough Rant

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

The president is surely not "dumb as an Ox"

[edit on 5-2-2006 by esdad71]

[edit on 5-2-2006 by esdad71]

You have voted esdad71 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Had to give you a vote for that comment, I agree with you, The left keep spitting out the same old crap about unemplyeement, he is helping his oil buddies yada yada yada... with no facts to back it up and it is more out of jealousy then anything else.

Let me guess OX next you will say Bush caused Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think Bush is driven by a number of things. Unfortunately, though, one of them is not intelligence. In a way he strikes me as a sociopathic version of Inspector Jacques Clouseau of the Pink Panther movie series. When I hear him speak it affects me in much the same way as hearing someone run their fingernails across a chalk board.

Anyway, he seems to me to be like a spoiled rich kid who never quite grew up. One who has always had his way and can’t deal with it otherwise. He has his mind made up about issues, and if anyone else disagrees, then, like a child, he doesn’t want to play with them anymore. Accept it’s worse than that; I believe he has a dark side that reveals itself in the face of opposition, and a little voice in his head that screams, “You wait! You’ll be sorry for that!! Just wait and see!!!” I seriously doubt that GWB is interested at all in opposing views. He needs to learn to listen a little more and stop cramming his agenda down everyone’s throat.

I also think GWB is driven by delusions of grandeur and is often not in touch with reality. He, accordingly, surrounds himself with a staff of goons who obediently agree with everything he espouses, no matter how ludicrous or dangerous. I think he is more concerned about being in the history books as a macho wartime President than he is with advancing the plight of Humanity and making this a better world for us to live.

The thing that alarmed me the most, and made me distrustful of his agenda, was when he came before the Nation, and the entire World, and blatantly lied over and over again about Iraq and the reasons we had no other option but to make a pre-emptive strike. I knew it was a crock then, and ever since have felt that GWB has blood on his hands. I’ll never get over how he was able to get away with that, and how the American people have knowingly ignored all the lies that were told; lies that resulted in thousands of lives lost; and yet we voted him back in for a 2nd term! It’s umbelievable.

So, in conclusion, I believe what drives GWB is whatever advances his self-serving agenda. Smarts has little to do with it …

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OK.. bpletcj You caught me.. I give up.. yes.. I am jealous of a half wit president.. Oh the shame of it all.. Now.. It's my opinion you drop kick.. That's all.. I can say that I dont like my mother in law.. But someone else may love her.. That's opinion.. Should I get the dictionary meaning of the word for you?

There are always going to be people who support and do not support the president and his doings.. I do not support him.. and the country is still open to freedom of speech (Atleast for now) and this is me, freely speaking my opinion about the idiot.

Anything else you'd like to say?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Bush got into Yale and Harvard as a legacy and because of money!
I went to Yale, and SADLY if daddy has a big enough pocket so can you!

People need to stop saying but he went to......because it dose not really matter!
He is stupid and that is putting it oh so nicely!

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is a little of the subject but none the less in return to esdad71's remark on "Dumb as an Ox" .. I have a MASTER'S degree.. That I completed at the age of 19, I've also completed Seminary, Just for the education of it all. Now.. next time you decided to ridicule someone.. Take a glance at yourself.. as I said.. everything I have posted is opinion and I am free to that.. if you wish to try to stop people from speaking their opinions.. Perhaps you should run for president. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will write a thread about you

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wait....
So now he's stupid?

But according to alot on this board he was able to plan, carry out, and cover up the largest attack ever on US soil in just 9 months. There's absolutely no way a mere human with normal or below intelligence can do that.

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I didnt say Anyone was stupid but Bush.. Just stating fact that because of my nickname.. I however, am not stupid.

Sorry to confuse you.. And who knows about the largest attack in the world.. heaven forbid I state my opinion, I might be verbally berrated again

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you received your Masters at 19 or 65 it would not matter, as attaining a Masters is not a basis of intelligence. Einstien was a patent clerk and some people still talk about him.(sarcasm). Congrats however as I know it is a difficult journey.

I liked the post that states how could he have pulled off the 9/11 conspiracy and be the head of the NWO when he is so stupid? Calling someone stupid or dumb is something you do in 4th grade, not when you are an adult. You can state that you do not agree with his foriegn policy, or that you do not agree with his views on cloning, but back it up with some fact on why it would better the world if he did things differently.

I am actually planning on running for local office not this term but next, with assistance from my in-laws. I want to make a difference and embrace my detractors, and then use their anger to fuel my causes and what I believe in.

Many great people have also not been good public speakers, and what I see in bush is a man who wants to say what he feels yet cannot based on Political correctness. IN some post 9/11 speeches, I could swear he wanted to say "we will get these mothaf****", instead he stumbled and said terroists. (Clinton spoke like melted butter and he got away with the BJ.)

Calling the president an idiot is not an opinion, it is unpatriotic in my opinion.

As far as the dumb as an ox statement, you state you have a Masters, but I the president went to Yale. I mean, in writing you both seem smart, so why is he the only idiot?

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Cograts on running for local office.. I hope it pans out well for you and you're able to make a difference..

Now.. here's where I have to explain Bush being an idiot..
But first.. calling him an idiot you believe is unpatriotic? That's ok, I was born an American although I now live here and have for the past 10 years.

I think Bush is incompetent as a president. I think he has stupid ideas and runs with them, I think he believes what he is doing is for the good of himself and not his people.. I havent met the man so I dont know him personally, but I think he's someone that doesnt think anything through before making rash decisions that affect the world... And dont say .. Well. everyone makes stupid mistakes..

There's a difference between locking your keys in your car *Stupid mistake* than invading a nation that he was CERTAIN had WMD's and yet none were found.. This equals the stupidity..

It doesnt matter what school you go through, Hell I could go to Yale.. doesnt make me intelligent.. I could learn to fly a plane.. Doesnt make me intelligent..

I believe its common sense and a sense of morals that makes up most of your intelligence. And this man has neither.. He lies to his own people.. Now dont say well others have lied.. Yeah others have.. But 1. This thread isnt about them and 2. It was wrong when they did it too..

Just.. think outside the box for a minute and see.. That's all I'm asking.. look at the bigger picture..

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Did Bush lie about WMD's, or did Saddam?

Realize, we were going in based on intelligence attained that he had WMD's. Saddam boasted that he had them and would use them, many times. He effectivley showed that he would use them as he did on his own people and Iran during the Iran/Iraq. His neighbors worried as they should have since he had used them before. I mean, wouldn't the US have planted them if there was truly a conspiracy and we found none?

I agree with many who state much of his stockpile was destroyed or moved into Syria. My quetsion is, would everyone still think he was an idiot if proof of the WMD's surfaces? Seems we may know in late February after a Congressional committee reviews newly released tapes of Saddam proving he had WMD's.

www.newsmax.com...

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Saddam boasted alot of things.. he boasted that America couldnt bing him down if memory serves.. But after the U.N. investigators found NO WMD's, the Bush still went to war.. And then made jokes about it in his campaign ads for his re-election.. It's all a big joke

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bush can afford to be the dullest knife in the drawer. He was born into a crime family. He's really more like Fredo Corleone if Michael had never been born. Karl Rove was literally called his 'wrangler' when he was hired in to create and polish a somewhat paleteable image. Wrangler, is invariably reserved for animal handlers. Probably came from his party animal days.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I didnt say Anyone was stupid but Bush.. Just stating fact that because of my nickname.. I however, am not stupid.

Sorry to confuse you.. And who knows about the largest attack in the world.. heaven forbid I state my opinion, I might be verbally berrated again

I don't think anyone was calling you stupid, I just thought it was a good play on words.

Maybe you were confused. Like you said just because he went to Yale doesn't make you smart. Nor does having a Masters at 19. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you, remember this is an on line board and some what anonymous. I mean I have two wives and 3 grandchildren ( and I am only 25 ) Just kidding.

So anyone here could say they have accomplished anything they want.

Either way, you do bring up some good points ( unless I am confused
).

On a more serious note you are correct what you stated about it being an opinion is correct and no one can take that away from you.

Peace.

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
bpletcj, Thankyou.. It's about time someone agree'd with me. It is my opinion and it's their opinion to say what they want.. And no matter WHERE you go to school doesnt mean you're a bright spark.. So thanks..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join