Sirius Film: Please Do Not Post Links To Pirated Material!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Sure it is.

Can i see the non-exclusive license agreement?

Seriously i dont care , i think we should be able to post whatever. It just annoys me when the mods are inconsistent with the application of 'the rules'.

There's some threads here on ats that list page after page of copyrighted documentaries but never get removed. Yet when a fraudster like Stever Greer comes along with with video about his 'Bevis' doll they jump on every link to it and even remove some posts that poke fun at the ridiculous claims he makes saying they are 'off topic'.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Majic

Lest you forget, Occupy was infiltrated and snuffed out a while back.
All we have is change now as we cling desperately to hope.

Somebody must've played a Slayer CD.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Please write to your congressman requesting they reject CISPA. It is ridiculous that you can be sentenced to more years than a murderer should you download and/or link to material that's under copywrite.

I don't think you would feel the same if you made/created/developed something that was then pirated and reduced your income or worse you lost your job!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Isn't the series Ancient Aliens copyrighted? That gets posted here almost every week without it being removed.

edit on 23-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

If you have cable, anything that is on cable can be downloaded, its just like using a vcr. Exceptions being pay for view.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

tadaa, no copyright there i presume

You presume incorrectly , Just because they are hosting it doesn't mean they are not in breach as are you for posting the link in a thread that asks you not to .

edit on 24-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

So if I make a crappy movie or crappy music or a crappy book, and I don't get my monies back I can whine and say it's all pirates fault, right??

Just because you create something, doesn't mean you SHOULD get paid for it.

also life plus 70 years is NOT limited copyright.

when copyright is brought back to limited time (ie: able to be used by the very fans that like it) I will respect the copyright of others.

disclaimer: I own no TV, play no music or movies on my PC, nor read ebooks, I use Linux and use other free software, I will not support copyright in it's current condition in any way. (yes I know ATS has copyrights)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
so....if I download this movie while living in Jamaica does that make me a pirate of the Caribbean?

sorry.....haven't seen this

(disclaimer...I do not partake in any downloading of pirated materials)

Will this documentary be on general release or is it just order online type of thing? (donate $30 and get your free DVD)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

No worries here! In order to get me to watch anything made by Greer somebody would have to pay ME. Since I have yet to receive a check in the mail the "documentary" is safe from my eyes.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

He is a "Doctor" . As such, a certain $ amount is invested in his worth. Regardless.

I have seen the offending vid. ( what a great advertising blitz ! - guilty ATS! )
There are a couple of nuggets in there - for those reading between the lines - and some grounds for thought -
for those who could be new to such insights.

The comment about " being able to send E.T. home " > Did capture my interest and I will look forward to
future developments on this topic.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Timely because: I hate how my posts appear almost as prose!! WTF??

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You presume incorrectly , Just because they are hosting it doesn't mean they are not in breach as are you for posting the link in a thread that asks you not to .

Sorry Gortex, that is not correct, linking directly to the Movie would be a violation, linking to a webstie would not be. If what you are saying is true, then ATS could not link to ANY OTHER WEBSITE. It's covered by third person liablity, just because you own a car and loan it to a friend and he robs a bank, you are not liable because you loaned your car to them. (presuming .of course you had no prior knowledge of said crime).

We do not have prior knowledge that the website linked IS infringing, the ATS site owners MAY say it's a violation to link to that site, but unless/until further information is shown, it's not a FACT.

the reason for this is because any website that ATS links to "could" change the content at a later date.ATS cannot be liable for that. (even though the IP maximalist's want to change that)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
reply to post by wmd_2008

So if I make a crappy movie or crappy music or a crappy book, and I don't get my monies back I can whine and say it's all pirates fault, right??

Just because you create something, doesn't mean you SHOULD get paid for it.

also life plus 70 years is NOT limited copyright.

when copyright is brought back to limited time (ie: able to be used by the very fans that like it) I will respect the copyright of others.

disclaimer: I own no TV, play no music or movies on my PC, nor read ebooks, I use Linux and use other free software, I will not support copyright in it's current condition in any way. (yes I know ATS has copyrights)

Do you have a job what do YOU do for a living just curious

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If you have cable, anything that is on cable can be downloaded

That doesnt mean they give up copyright for the material or that you now have permission to upload it to you tube.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think ultimately it comes down to hosting.
Something on youtube is fine (should be anyhow) due to liability being on youtube and not a linking site. Youtube will deal with any flak that comes from copywritten material fairly quick, and either yank the video, or get some deal going with the parent company.

But linking to some Chinese streaming pirate website..ya..no liability, therefore ATS will be in the crosshairs (poop rolls downhill). Its a pretty simple rule of thumb. Like with a UFO claim, source matters.

___

Now, in saying that..anyone whom has seen the film..is it any good? Not asking if it is going to change the world or anything..but is it simply entertaining enough to watch, or is it just rehashed stuff from youtube, disclosure project, and maybe some nerds speculating?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Something on youtube is fine (should be anyhow) due to liability being on youtube and not a linking site. Youtube will deal with any flak that comes from copywritten material fairly quick, and either yank the video, or get some deal going with the parent company.

But linking to some Chinese streaming pirate website..ya..no liability, therefore ATS will be in the crosshairs (poop rolls downhill). Its a pretty simple rule of thumb. Like with a UFO claim, source matters.

Claiming its the other persons responsibility to observe copyright laws is not a valid defense.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That guy is a fraud trying to make money with every occasion he have, setting up hoaxes... and he've been doing that for years.
I agree that, despite that, if it's copyrighted material, and so it should not be spread illegally, however, I seriously think ATS should also remove threads/posts advertising it or encouraging to watch it, that guy does not desserve the money people reading those could spend. All he wants is milking out people's money, otherwise it would be free, just like almost any documentary out there... Especially if his goal is, just like he pretends, "to spread the truth among people".

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Claiming its the other persons responsibility to observe copyright laws is not a valid defense.

It is a valid defense.
If you turn on the radio and listen to music, you are not liable to what the station is playing.
Now, if you are hacking into some radio station, that's different.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have a video proving that aliens landed on the whitehouse last night...but first pay me $29.99. Then you too will have this amazing video!

...is this thing on...?

Okay two things ats has become Nazi like in recent months with the "rules"
I ask you did Moulder and Scully always follow the rules? No they did not and they were the best damn conspiracy theorists ever (fake ones that is)

Second question, who owns ats? like really where does the money go from the ads on this site?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It is a valid defense.
If you turn on the radio and listen to music, you are not liable to what the station is playing.
Now, if you are hacking into some radio station, that's different.

No its not, that it not a comparable analogy. You are not responsible for reviving music on a radio. But a few courts have now held that a hyperlink or hosted content violates the law if it points to illegal material with the purpose of disseminating that illegal material.

Like i said i think we should be able to post whatever, but its clear you do understand the law as it stands.
edit on 24-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Owning It

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth

then cispa sopa pipa the government and the corporation .. already owns your ass bend over ats and take your compliance training like a good little website.

Not a very fair, or polite, way to put it. We don't support piracy or other illegal activity on ATS. It's nothing new.

Don't like it? Then organize and campaign to change the law. Nobody's stopping you. We don't make the laws, we just get busted if we break them.

Disagree with ATS policy? That's fine, but being rude about it won't change anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join