It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev - Fan of Alex Jones, Infowars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I'm just worried about how this tragedy is going to be used to push agendas. As they always are - when these things happen.

Sadly it already it is.

President Obama proposes pressure cooker ban

There are more links if you want.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I'm just worried about how this tragedy is going to be used to push agendas. As they always are - when these things happen.

Sadly it already it is.

President Obama proposes pressure cooker ban

There are more links if you want.

WTF...Stop the BS...Notice how your link story begins?

A satirical look at political opportunists who exploit tragedies

SATIRE...It is a joke..

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

My bad it should have being obvious but its like this AP article where they claim the supposed suspect is a fan of alex jones?

You expect me to believe that?

As for Boston bombing here's a senator pushing an agenda.

Sen. Lautenberg Wants Background Checks To Buy Gunpowder, Eyes Laws of Chemistry For Further Restriction

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
the dim wits pulled this on jones re another shooter a while back
then it came out he posted everywhere how much he HATED Alex Jones

In April 2009, several media outlets were forced to issue retractions following claims they made attempting to assign blame to Alex Jones for being an influence in the tragic shooting of three Pittsburgh police officers by one Richard Poplawski.

Even the New York Times parroted the claims, before it emerged that Poplawski had openly criticized Jones’ anti-racist political viewpoint
www.prisonplanet.com...

1. they must be hurtin units due to jones and and his fans continious barage
2. who's full of it now....
...same old same old
edit on 24-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This entire thread makes me wonder.

Most of it is attacking Jones, but what's with attacking Conspiracy theorist lately. It's almost an everyday thing, on the TV, radio, newspapers, so much so that Wikipedia even classifies it as a mental illness (bet they have a pill for it). It comes to the point, that as soon as an incident occurs, people say "oh boy watch out, here come the tin foil hat wearing nut jobs."

Seems to be the thing to do on ATS lately, which is ironic, considering this is a Conspiracy site. Officially it's named an alternative news, but it was and will always be a Conspiracy site.... Why do most of "non-conspiracy" people spend hours and hours here? It's always the same avatars, same members every time, always arguing for the Media's message du jour vs the Conspiracy theorist. Why?

No wonder the site is dying (responses and flags are dropping daily, threats of bans if you mention certain conspiracies or topics, and just plain old attacking of certain members that is usually passed over by "mods").

Sad really.

It's sad to see people calling people who question things names like : kooks, nut jobs, tin foil hats, mental cases, so forth... Why is this allowed... It's slanderous and really off putting. Truth be known, when someone comes into a discussion with sources and the only retort the other side is calling them nut bag, then WHO looks bad in the debate?

Despite someone saying "wait for a conspiracy theorist to come and say this is planned" is it really that shocking that they would tie the Bomber with the Conspiracy crowd (people like Jones' listeners). They are doing the same thing with Welfare and the dead suspect. Do you think the media has nothing to gain?

They do this, to segment the debate. To spin the debate, so people will push their hate on, in this case, Conspiracy theorists, Alex Jone's listeners, Welfare recipients. People are attaching their hatred of the Bombers to other persons, who are not connected, and why? Because of Media hearsay. People will fight with each other, and just forget who is the real enemy and who is just their illusion-foe.

This is only more of the same, in terms of media agenda. They like segmenting the population against each other, and it works. It even works here, on a "Conspiracy" website.

I'd think there would be more saying this, but sadly like I said, they seem to have left ATS.

Point is, where is the evidence. The media saying something is not evidence. Listing a vague "inside source" has no real negatives to it. It's a nameless entity, which a majority of our population hears as Gospel. If it's wrong, they switch it, and there's no questioning (ie see last week and the constant changes to the Boston situation). There is no recourse for them to for reporting false facts. No what's so ever.

Media hearsay, should never be treated as evidence. Considering "our media" is not really "our media" but a corporatist state media, what's that say about their goals and or statements? They only care about one thing people and it's not truth, or balanced reporting. It's control.

These same corporations that own the media, purchase Lobbyist which control our government. Why would anyone believe anything they say? They are protecting their own assets, so why would anyone put faith into a PR mouth piece?

Question everything. Questioning things does not make one a a tinfoil hater or a nut job....It's showing that you have a brain, and you are not afraid to use it. Even when it's openly attacked by others.

They want Conspiracy theory silenced, it's a thorn in their side. So yeah, hate on Jones for being a loud mouth Conspiracy theorist, or hate on a member for posting questions about official stories, but don't forget where that may lead us. To just one narrative and more control, loss of self.

“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“The power to question is the basis of all human progress.”
Indira Gandhi

Did the bomber listen to Alex Jones? Who knows... Don't let an "inside source" dictate your reality.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

never let a good crisis go to waste

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
reply to post by filosophia

Interesting...

Source

The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is a document which should be read by all

No, that is not the infowars website, only the forum, written by someone not Alex Jones. It would be like if I posted a thread about bigfoot on ATS and then someone said ATS believes in bigfoot. It is just a random poster named "rosso" NOT alex jones.

edit on 24-4-2013 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Indigo5

My bad it should have being obvious but its like this AP article where they claim the supposed suspect is a fan of alex jones?

You expect me to believe that?

Well...the suspects own mother is the one claiming that he was a fan of Infowars and a 9-11 truther...and she also is a 9-11 truther and claims the gov set her son up. She has no incentive to propagandize for a gov that she feels murdered her son.

So....I think the claim credible

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join