It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Boston taught me about bugging out...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did they ever try to enter your home?
Been trying to find an actual account of that whole process.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by neo96

as soon as the first bomb went off your grabbing your BOB by the second your on the road , taking the Highway out of town if you don't your had, in lock down and being searched. but then how many have there BOB 24/7?

ok check this out.....

the bomb went off, so you immediately grab your bug out gear and head for the woods....during this time an entire city is looking for a suspect responsible for the attack....next thing you know you run into a park ranger...

so now you're in a situation where an entire city is looking for someone and here you are in the middle of the woods with camping gear some food and a gun or two...dont you think someone would consider you "suspicious" and report you to the gestapo?

no matter what angle i look at this from, i cant seem to find a good ending for them...

This is a very good point. In the event that you are able to recognize the signs and make an early exit before the net closes, how do you do it in a way that does not make you look like the bad guy? No one wants to be pinned as the patsy if they don't find the actual perp.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Even if you "recognized signs" and left after the initial bombings it would have done no good.

The suspects were more likely (IMHO) to have been spotted in some random city in some random State than where they were found. I would actually have assumed (in the start) that the LAST PLACE the perpetrators would have been was Boston.

This all could have happened with no noticed in Toledo Ohio, or Flint Michigan or freaking Georgetown Kentucky-

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

so you live on laurel st - like our friend does?

We live nearby. And although its interesting what u saw- i heard a few

things on the police scanner i didn't understand and chalked it up to not knowing

the whole story. Word of advice - live near train tracks if you need to guarantee

an escape route.

edit on 4/24/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by pheonix358
A couple of points to consider.

Not every citizen will get the message of a lockdown. Some like me simply never watch TV nor do I listen to the radio. Too much crap! So if they lock down my suburb I am not going to know about it.

In this scenario, wait for the search to pass you and then wait some more and drive out of the area at a normal pace. Take your dog, explain that you are going camping (To explain all the crap in the car).

The worst that can happen to you is that they return you to your house thinking you can't follow the simplest instructions. Act dumb!

P

Quite a few years ago, it was decided to have three minutes of silence in memory for the tsunami victims of the Pacific Rim. Everything was brought to a standstill. Cars had to stop, people had to stand motionless in the supermarkets, streets and shops. Police were actually flagging down any motorist who didn't stop.

So:

Officer: Please stop the car, we are having three minutes of respect for the Tsunami Victims.

Playing Dumb: Oh! I didn't hear about that! What's a Tsunami?

Play dumb! Real Dumb! It works!

P

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I really wish I could give you a couple hundred stars for that post.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by Hopechest
Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.

Oh my Lordy...where do I begin??

Here's what I would prefer, Tinkerbell: I would prefer that law enforcement responds like officers of the law, who understand and uphold our constitutional rights as they do their duty. I would prefer that LEOs stop playing army guys and stop dressing up like they're in a combat mission in a war zone. I would prefer that they follow the law and stop forcing people out of their homes without probable cause. I would prefer that they not institute a martial law atmosphere and trap people in their homes, while they force their way into absolutely everybody's home without a warrant or cause for entry.

Most of all, I would prefer that they look at us as sovereign citizens, and stop "taking the fight" to all of us. WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY.

Can you understand that, or are you such a deluded cheerleader of authority that you would gladly see them burn our Constitution and Bill of Rights so you can feel safe?

You'll be the one in the FEMA camp ratting out the other prisoners so you can get an extra ration.
edit on 23-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

Yeah that was said excellently, id rather of had them handle the Boston situation a little more professional in regards to how they treated the law abiding citizens. During the time the constitution was written the government was ran by the people but now the government runs the people. That's why they can get away with pretty much treating us how they want. It's because we're allowing them to control is. In general we need to take a stand against the tyranny that had stricken this country and we better do it soon because the way it looks as of now we don't have much time left .
edit on 25-4-2013 by Deceasedfantasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

if it were a situation that required you to bug out,I doubt there would be law enforcement anywhere.The police don't need snarled traffic in a situation,and neither do you in a bug out.Think of it as bugging in

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Heres all the evidence you asked for, bellow are videos, and pictures showing police out of control

"Media says SWAT teams “rescued” families by ripping them out of their homes at gunpoint"
"Video: SWAT police gunpoint raids in Boston Were Conducted “House After House”

www.infowars.com...

That should be more than enough to prove to you what the other members were discussing. I hope that clears some things up.

And regarding the Op Many lessons can be learned from studying how everything played out, and bugging out would be extremely difficult in a situation like this. You would have to worry about whatever SHTF and the power hungry control freak Cop/Military Making bugging out a real challenge for the unprepared. S n F
Thanks for bringing this to peoples attention who might of not thought o that.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

Heres all the evidence you asked for, bellow are videos, and pictures showing police out of control

"Media says SWAT teams “rescued” families by ripping them out of their homes at gunpoint"
"Video: SWAT police gunpoint raids in Boston Were Conducted “House After House”

www.infowars.com...

That should be more than enough to prove to you what the other members were discussing. I hope that clears some things up.

And regarding the Op Many lessons can be learned from studying how everything played out, and bugging out would be extremely difficult in a situation like this. You would have to worry about whatever SHTF and the power hungry control freak Cop/Military Making bugging out a real challenge for the unprepared. S n F
Thanks for bringing this to peoples attention who might of not thought o that.

You are citing another conspiracy site, as PROOF? - a website who's agenda is basically to make this look like the cops are abusing citizens. The video is crap, because it is presented out of context. The punks in that house refused to come to the door. The police, who know there is a killer in the area with an agenda to take hostages, hear them in there , but the idiots don't come out and give a bunch of lip service to the police.

The police have been tasked to search every house and that is what they are going to do. In this case, they think something is up, so they make them all leave with their hands over their heads. The police search the house, and they are allowed back in.

The police went to every door, asked the people to please leave while they checked out the house, and then the people were ok to go back in. This is the ONLY way you can ensure that the fugitive has not taken refuge in one of those houses. In almost every situation, people were glad to let them just do their job.

Keep trying to blow this incident out of proportion, and the people that live here will correct you. The lessons I am learning are that there are people out there that are going to make things difficult for law enforcement any chance they get, irregardless of what needs to be done, and they would rather believe that the law is always against them, even though they probably have had their lives, or their familiy's lives indirectly or directly, saved by them at some point in their life.

edit on 25-4-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Just to restate the obvious, the police requested that you stay indoors. It was not ordered.

You could have just walked out your front door and gone wherever you wanted.

And *then* what do you think would have happened to you? Detained, arrested, strip searched (like the old man), roughed up, questioned, and I'm sure they would bring *some* charge against you (such as obstruction), just for not doing as "requested."

100 police and SWAT point guns at you as the lone civilian walking in public in the area.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by neo96

as soon as the first bomb went off your grabbing your BOB by the second your on the road , taking the Highway out of town if you don't your had, in lock down and being searched. but then how many have there BOB 24/7?

ok check this out.....

the bomb went off, so you immediately grab your bug out gear and head for the woods....during this time an entire city is looking for a suspect responsible for the attack....next thing you know you run into a park ranger...

so now you're in a situation where an entire city is looking for someone and here you are in the middle of the woods with camping gear some food and a gun or two...dont you think someone would consider you "suspicious" and report you to the gestapo?

no matter what angle i look at this from, i cant seem to find a good ending for them...

That's a very likely scenario. Them you have this: Escaped convict convinces cop he is actually a jogger — brilliant.

I'm just homeless, officer. I'm just a camper, officer.

Just yes, anything out of the ordinary is always considered suspicious and dangerous. This not only applies to when there is a manhunt, a search of anything else.

People are just scared of anything different.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

come on now. this is the internet age. stop waiting to be spoon fed msm slop
forced home search: notice you have to go to a major foreign newspaper to see this story
www.dailymail.co.uk...

and if it was filmed happening once, then how many times were people too busy hiding to think to record it?

oh look. local news reported how residents were being "rescued", whether they wanted it or not.....at gunpoint
www.mrctv.org...
edit on 25-4-2013 by robobbob because: more vids

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Since US media is bought and paid for gov mouthpieces who don't report anything without approval, how about the UK Daily Mail? in the top three largest in the UK. is that legitimate mainstream enough for you?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Jones is a dramatic crybaby and possible disinfo agent, but take facts where you find them.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

MrWendal, Hi neighbor...I like what you have to say and it makes sense. I live on the edge of the city and could probably bug out to the neighboring woods but as some have mentioned, I wonder how that would play out should I be spotted. As far as a house search goes, I don't think I would fare very well in that regard either.

I can just see it now...militarized cops inside my house, observing my posters that say, "Don't tread on me" and "You can take my guns, bullets first". Plus, I like to wear my old Army fatigues while doing gardening and other dirty, heavy chores. Should I be dressed like that and answer the door...oh yeah, I can see it now. That house searching and lock down business is so wrong on many levels. Innocent people could get hurt or killed for no reason should said law enforcement be all on adrenaline high and tense and see or interpret some things wrong.

As some have mentioned, how about dogs for searches? What happened relevant to that. If they aren't used anymore, why even have them supported and kept anymore. If "that dog don't hunt' is the scenario...they are useless then.

Searching houses....what if a suspect was inside and home owners were being held hostage...a shoot out would ensue regardless and innocents could be killed in the cross fire...not safer. I have long ago decided to take a stand if I can't feel secure in my person, surroundings and property because of such militarized actions. After all I've mentioned above, I'd have to...I'd probably be regarded as a person of interest or worse just for a few lousy posters and what I might be wearing. Great state of affairs huh. Thanx for listening.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.

No, I'd prefer they respond in a manner other than by blatantly violating law abiding people's rights. Those who give up their rights, deserve to be treated in the same manner as those demanding their rights be given up. So I don't feel sorry for them.

This sort of scenario can play out in places like Boston, where guns are extremely limited and where people have already confined themselves to the sheep pen, but in any place where people value their own personal rights over the forced cooperation to support a police state, I think the police will buck their own system, before they get bucked by the one's they're sworn to protect.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have to agree with some of the comments on here that, in a truly serious bugout situation, this would not be an issue. Yes they can contain a major city area of Boston. We saw what happened with Katrina in New Orleans. But, what happens when everybody everywhere is bugging out?

They simply can't contain it all. Or even most of it. There are only so many servicemen (about 2.5 mil) and about half as many police officers and law enforcement. They could maybe, hold control over a few states and certainly not the large ones. And that's not taking into the account that we still would need servicemen overseas and not all would join in on the festivities.

Some areas - large metropolitan areas most likely, would certainly be contained, but that's about it. And that's only for as long as the masses allow it. Boston was down for a couple of days for a damn good reason and it worked. If it was not for a good reason and forceful occupation occurred for more than a week, the spiral out of control would begin.
edit on 26-4-2013 by gottaknow because: formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join