It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyundai Made A Flying Car (Sorta)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

For Hyundai's annual Idea Festival--a Wacky Races-style competition where engineers show off the most bonkers ideas they can dream up--a team unveiled this crazy flying car. Basically, it's a multirotor drone, except with a driver's seat and 16 rotors instead of the more conventional four.

So "car" is kind of a loose term here: it's not even being piloted by the person in the cockpit; someone with a remote control is standing by. (Hopefully someone the guy in the cockpit trusts.) Yes, cool, but just remember this is part of a swarm of inventions from Hyundai's futuristic Idea Festival. Meaning you're not going to be signing up for a flying car soon. Darn. So close. Until it's the future, see the car in action below (it comes in at about 53 seconds in). Text

This video is awesome and so is the song. You can feel the creativity and sense of fun that this event is. I mostly wanted to share the video because of the sort of flying car that does work. But because it proves intervention is not dead and is also very fun.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

s&f Kewl sort of a car. Okay , I am all for the innovation part, but where do I put the spare and where do the groceries go?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chansi3

I guess you'll have to have to use a trailer to hall all your supplies and spares. Unless this is just for getting some munchies at the corner store. haha.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
yea well... how about hyundai try to make a real car for a change?

and btw... I like my cars how they are thanks. I hope that alternate future where cars look like eggs and we wear windshields as helmets like some oversized coneheads doing the tour de france gets halted by some meteor or something...

leave cars alone... please?

edit on 23-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Well, Honda did create ASIMO Which is an awesome humanoid robot.

The cars of today are okay. But they could be better! I don't know much about vehicles. But we should make cars more efficient.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lol its a helicopter with wheels.

Nice try though, even though its just re-inventing the wheel.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It's cool though and It's awesome enough to share. Glad to see another Phoenix on ATS too haha!
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3

s&f Kewl sort of a car. Okay , I am all for the innovation part, but where do I put the spare and where do the groceries go?

You put the groceries through the fan blades. Chops up the salad on your way home.

I wonder how high it goes! You can park it on the roof!

I like the concept.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It's cool though and It's awesome enough to share. Glad to see another Phoenix on ATS too haha!
Second line needed.

Now there are three in a row!

P

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

When I first looked at the thread title, I thought they had named this model the "Sorta".
After seeing it, that wouldn't be a bad name for it!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hyundai didn't "make" jack squat. I've seen black and white footage probably from the 1950's with the "exact" same technology.

Nothing to see here, wake me up when you see a flying delorean.

new topics

top topics

join