It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Suspect says Iraq, Afghanistan drove Boston bombings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has cited the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as motivating factors behind last week's attack, a U.S. government official said Tuesday.

No surprise here; however, I am surprised that they actually were given this information to publish!
These are the repercussions that occur when one wages war in another country.

Simple as that.
edit on 23-4-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I am surprised that they actually were given this information to publish!

That the thing that makes it so hard to believe.
I would like to hear it from his own mouth...
edit on 23-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I thought they said it was a religious motive?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why do you find it hard to believe they would publish something like that?

You don't honestly believe that they think the entire world agrees with our actions in those wars do you?

It certainly has no impact on the governments justifications for going over there and everybody knows that we got hit on 9/11 for placing military weapons and forces in Saudi Arabia to defend the Kingdom from Saddam.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So, .. . . He wasn't Motivated by his brother .. . He was mad because we beat up Iraq and Iran. ... I would call that Treasonous as Hell. Isn't Treason punishable by death. .. ?

I think it has developed into an interesting situation.

Yesterday he basically admitted that he was a full blown participant by acknowledging that he had learned to make those bombs on the internet. And ya know .. ? I think he is Spoon Feeding the people asking the questions. I think he might very well be full of Bull Shirt.

I agree with Senator Michelle Bachman. Based on his admission here, he should be labeled an Enemy Combatant, face a Military Tribunal and be tortured for whatever information can be extracted.

It is sad but each day there is more of an admission of guilt. Which is bringing into question everything I had questioned up to this point.

I am Not saying that he should be taken out back and shot, but they should at least tie him to a post and put some live hand grenades in his pockets pull the fuses and get away.

Besides,. .. Has he even said that he was sorry or shown the slightest bit of remorse .. ... ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Might be hard to nail them on treason but yes it is punishable by death.

Article 3, Section 3

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Since these men were not assisting in aiding one of our enemies I don't think you could get him on this charge, however, murder probably carries the same penalty in that State though I'm not sure.

Either way the man's sentence will be harsh.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Because, they want to portray they are doing nothing wrong and these foreign governments are demanding the American Military's help and are nation building.

It certainly has no impact on the governments justifications for going over there and everybody knows that we got hit on 9/11 for placing military weapons and forces in Saudi Arabia to defend the Kingdom from Saddam.

Define everyone? Because Bush stated clearly, many times, they hate how America has religious and economic freedoms they cannot enjoy.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Because, they want to portray they are doing nothing wrong and these foreign governments are demanding the American Military's help and are nation building.

But publishing that someone thinks they are doing something wrong has no impact on them whatsoever. Lots of people are on record of not agreeing with our actions over there.

Do you think by releasing this information of the reasons why the bombings happened that some government secret is going to be uncovered about our actions in the Middle East?

No, the government will just say these guys were terrorists and walk away or they will say that its fine to disagree but you shouldn't take violent action.

In no way is the government going to look bad or change anyone's opinion on our involvement in the Middle East over this.

Its really irrelevant which is why they decided to release it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Do you think he is Sorry. . ? .. Or, .. do you think that he is sorry he was caught?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Do you think he is Sorry. . ? .. Or, .. do you think that he is sorry he was caught?

I'm sure I have no clue about what he is thinking and I wouldn't pretend to suppose that I do.

His motives are his own.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yep. Its called blowback. If anything amazes me its that there aren't more such incidents. These guys seem to have freely engineered this whole episode and nobody got a whiff? After all those billions of protection money paid to all those agencies?

Responding to terror incidents is not what they are being paid for. Preventing them is. Wait...that sounds stupid.

Preventing incidents of terror is what all that money is supposed to go towards. Wait... preventing all the terror incidents is impossible.

Using all those toys to find the bad guy after the shoot out is money well spent. Wait... it was phoned in...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox
I thought they said it was a religious motive?

See thats why i dont buy the official version the story always keep changing remember the bin laden raid?

All thanks to a new top secret modified black hawk which they have completed in less then 45 mins?
As such with the bin laden raid people have a right to question what was happening in Boston and during the raid.

Have you also noticed something? the MSM wont show the audience how the military stormed into people's homes searching for the single suspect so what did they do? they just told us about the young people cheering at a local Boston park and an area of Boston.

With showed everyone chanting USA? why USA? its like they won 50 or more medals at n sports game, if it was a sports game it would make sense.

Remember this anyone? priceless staged image.

And if you were paying attention to the image and not the KTLA news guy all the laptops are turned off

edit on 23-4-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm curious how you happened to see the military busting into people's homes if you didn't see it on the news. I'm sure you have some links you can provide for us of this happening.

Obviously you've seen it so unless you were there in person that means you saw it on tape somewhere. I'm curious, where are these tapes?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
See I knew it, it was related to the illegal plants coming out of Afghanistan. There have been record drug busts and mind boggling illegal plant use reported in the region surrounding Boston.

Here is where it gets complicated. See, that stuff doesn't come in without a lot of greased handshakes. So after that spiral of crime where the legal kind and the illegal kind do their dance, usually around an educational facility because that's where the biggest illegal substance consumers are, and it shimmies up the government somewhere to a political office figure. Well, when that supply line is cut, usually around the management/permission line, which is the corrupted official (maybe the person switched brands, who knows), there are a lot of empty promises that need their vengeance/payback/war to break open the supply chain again.

Because there are shady groups giving advance loans for these shipments to be bought, and there's money laundering involved, where it all looks legal until their circle is broken. Now the book cookers have nothing to back up their papers. That means they get upset and resort to violent crime to destroy the thugs asking for the dues, or getting rid of the ones that are creating the wall to more supply.

Here there are two brothers who are in the process of being destroyed.

This is all a theory. All the public sees is the big t-word, and some war idea, but wouldn't an international war person be not making these poofs in a marathon? Considering their finite resources in national, which would target more buildings and powerful individuals, and seasonal resources in illegal substances, this is an annual event so it's an annual hurt scheme. Besides, remember Mali having a hand in it? That's not a country the USA is at war with.

In some weird way, it's almost like these two brothers were coerced into becoming terrorists, and they had their equipment and did their thing, but it's like someone beat them to it to get them even if they thought of changing their minds. Which would explain the Craft thing, that the brothers were being watched (set up maybe too). To have more explosions than they would have ordinarily done. To make the disaster bigger?

At the end of the day, who profits from this? Newspapers and TV studios. Hm.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There are several threads on here with links of course as usual our MSM wont bother on touching it and i was following it on twitter thorough Friday from 12:36 to 8 am through Scanner and social media.

The police were cooperating with the military the national guard in this case. All this for a single suspect? i thought to myself this sure as it was a scene from GTV 4

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thread op have you posted this from ABC News?

#Breaking: Law enforcement sources say Boston bombing suspect learned how to make bombs via instructions found on the Internet

Note key word there "Law enforcement sources"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As of 2011, both wars combined it is estimated that 945,000 people have been killed
1,750,000 people have been injured.

2 years ago.

Boston attack, 3 dead, 282 wounded.

No consequences for the first.

NO CONSEQUENCES.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

There are several threads on here with links of course as usual our MSM wont bother on touching it and i was following it on twitter thorough Friday from 12:36 to 8 am through Scanner and social media.

The police were cooperating with the military the national guard in this case. All this for a single suspect? i thought to myself this sure as it was a scene from GTV 4

Funny that I haven't seen any of those links yet.

I also noticed you did not provide any.

Interesting indeed for the theory of the military busting down people's doors isn't it.
Of course we do have heresay from witnesses so if they said it then it must be true.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That is Botched. The ONLY thing that law enforcement knows is what the FBI tells them.

After all the FBI are the ones doing the questioning.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Then explain how do you keep coming back here to the thread?

See here>>>

Its right in the sub section. Sigh.

top topics

join