It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's just change the "Freedom of Religion" to "Freedom of Christianity" as it is the case...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've held my tongue on this topic for a while, and a few threads had made it the last straw.

Now I'm not bashing the Christian religion, I'm just done with all the BS it's bringing upon our society and how people like me are treated because of this.

Case in point: I was technically raised, baptized and confirmed Lutheran Christian, but from a very young age, I realized that I didn't believe in Jesus and Christian God. At age 17, I made the decision to convert to Hinduism (Shiva sect), by my own decision and careful background study. When I revealed this to my family, you could have thought I told them I was a Satanist who feasts upon the flesh of newborn babies.

My family is still convinced that this is a phase, and that when I finally "grow up", I will return to the church, find myself a nice God-Fearing husband and raise a family of prim proper children who know Jesus is awesome.

No. No. A thousand times no.

Then comes the way people are using their religious affiliations to influence politics.

Please, Pro-choice or Pro-lifers, read this entire TIME article on the subject, and please read it thoroughly:

Is the Pro-Choice Movement Losing the Fight?

edit on 23-4-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: stuff...continuing tomorrow

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Deleted because OP has now filled in his OP. Carry on....
edit on 23-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm making it more serious later.
edit on 23-4-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

(continued)

Not only is this religion of supposed love and peace affecting the rights women have over their bodies, but we are also seeing it in other issues like gay rights and gun control:

There are many political and religious leaders who would have us believe that to be a Christian requires one to be a pacifist. In fact, many of those who cry out for more gun control do so under a cloak of religion.

Gun control and the Bible

Every morning, Brittany Geldert stepped off the bus and bolted through the double doors of Fred Moore Middle School, her nerves already on high alert, bracing for the inevitable. "D---." Pretending not to hear, Brittany would walk briskly to her locker, past the sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders who loitered in menacing packs. "W----." Like many 13-year-olds, Brittany knew seventh grade was a living hell. But what she didn't know was that she was caught in the crossfire of a culture war being waged by local evangelicals inspired by their high-profile congressional representative Michele Bachmann, who graduated from Anoka High School and, until recently, was a member of one of the most conservative churches in the area. When Christian activists who considered gays an abomination forced a measure through the school board forbidding the discussion of homosexuality in the district's public schools, kids like Brittany were unknowingly thrust into the heart of a clash that was about to become intertwined with tragedy.

One Town's War on Gay Teens

All of us have been told that this country was founded on freedom, especially religious freedom, where people are free to practice whatever they believe. Unfortunately in each passing day, I see more and more fanatical resurgence in Christianity that is seeping its way into legislation and important topics that are narrowing even the most liberal of minds.

And don't get me started on how just a few bad eggs in a religion makes their people look bad. I know many nice Muslims and people who live in Muslim countries, and they abhor the people who attack Americans. Yet every night, I have to listen to not only my family, but senators, congressmen, and other "experts" baying for the blood of anyone who is from the Middle East or practices Islam.

How would a typical Christian react if I came up to them and called them a "low-life, filthy, backward terrorist who kills children" all because I heard about David Koresh or Jim Jones? If I said the same thing to a Muslim, or someone of a different religion (Veerappan/Hinduism, Shoko Asahara/Buddhism, David Berkowitz [summer of sam killer]/Judaism), I'm sure people will join with me in the derision.

To sum up my rant, I have to say that if this continued force feeding of Christian ideology is shoved down our throats, we will be no better off like Iran or Saudi Arabia, where religion and state are one in the same.

I support freedom of ALL religion and separation of church and state. I believe what I want to believe, and you should believe what you should believe, not have one huge major religion dictate that their beliefs are superior to another's.

ETA:
Whoever prays for me, hoping that Jesus/Christian God will help me see the light and know that he loves all...

Thank you, but...seriously, you're making it worse.
edit on 24-4-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: add

new topics

top topics

join