It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reps say your boss can demand your social media login info...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There will just be workarounds in the future. People will set up a personal account with a cryptic name to give out to friends and family, while the account they keep with their real name will be cured and full of pictures of the owner posing in suits and looking hard working.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm against refusing employment unless you provide your passwords. But I was also against employers being allowed to refuse employment to smokers. And yes...I am a smoker.

So...congratulations all of you who didn't stand up then and demand privacy. You should have stopped their invasion of privacy then...and now it is too late. So as I light up...I smile just a little. Why? I don't use social media.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

Pretty simple really...specially in the case of Facebook. Change your settings so only friends can see your content. Then dont friend coworkers.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had this happen.

They did not demand it tho.

When I did the application for the job, it asked what my e-mail was. I put it down. Three months later the work place had a spread sheet out on the open floor in a heading that said CONTACTS. This list was made so employees could contact each other on facebook. The boss of the place for whom I currently still work for took it apon themselves to give out my e-mail to anyone they wanted. I had people adding me and I did not know who they were. I don't even play facebook games.

The OP is posting about corporations. Certain corporations attract spies that steal trade secrects and whatnot. What is being done here is, the bosses are getting the facebook e-mails of it's current employees in order to search for that bad apple that says bad things about the company.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
who cares?

You should.

Sadly, You don't, and there are millions of others just like you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
They could 'demand' all they want; I wouldn't give it to them. Not now, not ever.

Simple, no?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Would ATS be considered as "social media"?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join