It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come, find the "narrow path" (gate)...ask God now for the grace to believe

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Right? For an omnipotent god, I don't see why even all this was necessary. Why not send Jesus from the start and commence an eternity beneath the rule of the righteous son? What's with all the pandering around the bush? That's not necessary, that's some twisted depraved foreplay. "God" is omnipotent, he need merely think the thought and the thousand years of peace and prosperity is already begun!

I don't see the point of testing any of us, really. If we're going to recognize Jesus immediately and know him for both who and what he is, then just get it over with already so no one else has to suffer.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Right.

Why does Jesus have to wait a couple thousand years to come back and give peace to Earth? Why couldn't he have done that when he was here the first time? Why allow all the suffering and all those unbelievers to go to hell when he could have had peace and belief throughout the world? Why did he limit his presence to a tiny part of the middle east when he could have been everywhere at once?

Lots of unanswered questions are left when you sit and think about it for a minute. For an omnipotent, all-powerful, infallible god, he sure chose one of the most inefficient ways to spread his message. Something is fishy with this Jesus character...
edit on 13-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think that plan is pretty spot on for go... errr Satan.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by jiggerj

I think that plan is pretty spot on for go... errr Satan.

Nah, we do this all on our own. Heaven forbid we should have help from either party.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

God has one plan, history shows this is the fact.
reply to post by colbe

???? Are we reading the same history books? Mine is filled with war, disease, famine, greed, selfishness, envy, religious crusades, inquisitions, torture, oppression... And guess what? NOTHING has changed! Some plan, huh?

I mean spiritual history, you realize but are disbelieving again. Man is not completely depraved, what of the goodness of man? You ignore most of this goodness because of the grace of God is found in Christianity. Sharing another spiritual fact.

Most all of the miraculous and well known major miracles tested by Science are Roman Catholic.

Excuse me, slandering your own faith again.

Islam is from Satan. Bave men defended the holiest place on the earth from Muslin destruction. The place where Our Lord was crucified. You must mean the Protestant inquisition, right? Many English Catholics died and what of Cromwell starving to death millions of Catholic Irish.

I am praying a Novena to God the Holy Spirit. Next Sunday is Pentecost Sunday. Today's prayer is beautiful Each day, one gift of the Holy Spirit is mentioned.

FOURTH DAY
The Dignity Of The Christian
Thou, in toil art comfort sweet;
Pleasant coolness in the heat;
Solace in the midst of woe.

Come, O Blessed Spirit of Fortitude, uphold my soul in time of trouble and adversity.
O, Divine Trinity, grant that we may be strengthened to see in ourselves and each
other the dignity that is ours
as temples of Your Holy Spirit, to be loved by one
another as each of us is loved by Jesus.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen

www.scborromeo.org...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah, that was my point actually.
Who's more qualified for "Satan" than those who run this world?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"God" feels like the disapproving parent with all sorts of degrees in refined studies who acts like you were sent to shame him personally, whereas "Satan" is the older brother who ran away at the age of 17 and became a hippy and sends occasional letters full of vague but inspiring anecdotes.

I'd rather balance myself between the conservative discipline of the reserved father and the wild escapism of the passionate brother than devote myself solely to either of the two. They each have their lessons to learn, and either without the other makes for a largely incomplete lifestyle characterized by its own peculiar flavor of sacrifice. And I think balancing the two, in itself, cultivates a brand of creativity which yields a fruit uniquely its own, thereby vindicating the independence demonstrated by walking the fence.

Who knows, maybe the fence goes somewhere the fields on either side will never take you. It may go places both breath taking and nerve racking, places that drive you within an inch of despair or lift your spirits beyond the limits of human comprehension, but in the end, you will have seen things that neither father nor brother could ever have shown you purely by themselves. And that's when you become just as powerful and moving a character as either of them.

That's what I dream for us as a species. We spend so much time lauding the figures we admire, that we forget they were once just like us. We become so engrossed in exalting the most remarkable and noteworthy that when they remind us of the best of who we are, and invite us to become equal with them, our praise drowns them out.

Let us join them, and level the playing field. If one is always above the other, unity is impossible.
edit on 14-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

God has one plan, history shows this is the fact.
reply to post by colbe

???? Are we reading the same history books? Mine is filled with war, disease, famine, greed, selfishness, envy, religious crusades, inquisitions, torture, oppression... And guess what? NOTHING has changed! Some plan, huh?

You would think after so many civilizations/entire cultures disapearing through conquering, something would change. Even with all of the great philosphers including the moderns (NOT religious), the tome tenents that sometimes exist as a form myth on a gravemarker, (RIP) (TORN) sorry couldnt help it Jigger) things would change. NOPE NOT. The murder that has occured on this planet is just unconscionable for any "Gods in Charge, NO WORRIES NOW" to watch and not step in to correct idea forms that have gone BERSERK. Oh, look, Gods creations are Killing each other; something very wrong here, (whats the purpose, to what conclusion). The God I have in mind is INSANE. The losses gone so many cultures; the history of Earth (its peoples inhabiting) are mind boggling. Maybe it was always a "Rewind the clock and Restart the Human Again). Tiresome, because no civilization has proved itself perfect enough--case study: Greco-Roman.
edit on 14-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah, that was my point actually.
Who's more qualified for "Satan" than those who run this world?

Lucifer; the bringer of enlightment, free will and knowledge to the human not to be confused with Satan/Devil forms (although many would instruct you as they are the same being ARE NOT).

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Daily, private revelation given Protestants, Jesus is preparing our brothers and sisters in Christ to accept the faith during the "awakening", Catholics call it the Great Warning.

In a message to Protestant Debra Lowe yesterday, these words from Our Lord:

...Just about the time that you are ready to give up and quit, the Spirit of the living God will AWAKEN you, will revive you and will make all things bright for you. This is the day says the Lord, so hold your head up high and realize we are going into a new land, a new territory, to do new things and it will no longer be by your strength or your might. Just about the time that you are ready to give up and quit, the Spirit of the living God will AWAKEN you, will revive you and will make all things bright for you. This is the day says the Lord, so hold your head up high and realize we are going into a new land, a new territory, to do new things and it will no longer be by your strength or your might...

ft111.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join