It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come, find the "narrow path" (gate)...ask God now for the grace to believe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

God's just judgments help bring humanity back to Him.

I don't know what kind of S&M fetish made you swallow that crappy sales pitch, but I sure as hell don't render my services or my life to anyone who judges me for being flawed, nor anyone who demands penitence for being an imperfect creature. And if you had any ounce of integrity, you would feel the same way...instead of selling your soul for security.

edit on 30-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

How can you talk of "integrity" AfterInfinity? As you use vulgar language and speak of sick sexual practices.

God didn't create sex for S&M.

You have no answers for finding love and peace but God does. Turn to Him. Everyone can pray, start....

love,

colbe

...but did create an adversary he/she has no dominion over?

How is your God almighty under this position? You have already provided a quote (which I reposted) that implicates your stated position in no uncertain terms...this anomoly needs to be addressed (at the very least) in its procedural form...

A99

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Fear-based systems are systems that have lost the plot...the mechanism of fear plays an important role in 3D navigation - 'don't jump off that cliff, you'll die'...feedback loop microswitch...
As above, so below...parents who smack thier children because of percieved disobedience have called thier intelligence into question...and any who believe this is a sign of intelligence is blinded by lack of same...and by extension, any who are of the opinion Source is not intelligence (and would therefore have a need for fear)...have made more than one fold too many...

A99

You're back, you said you were done? God is working on you akushla.

There are consequences for our actions in life, secular and spiritual. Good parents give their kids a "consequence" for their bad behavior.

Who is "Source", is this your word for God?

The "Fear" protest doesn't work, you are example, you do not fear, you choose to reject Christ, the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Instead, try to find out if God's revelation to man is true. All the mystical signs, the miraculous are God's help to believe. Read the lives of the saints. A famous saint of our time is Padre Pio.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

colbe, if we are to accept ourselves (be in) Gods grace; we must admit and surrender ourselves as Sinners. Where and how was this concept acheieved and why is it the Hallmark Card Platitude of any belief system that holds Jesus as its Savior? Oh yes HE died for our sins (past ones I understand), if he died for all sins future what keeps me from putting banana peel slipups on my nieghbors (NIEGHBOR? descriptive accuracy problem here)driveway? I have already been forgiven, my actions are/were negated. Thankyou Jesus, I forgive you too for the mixup. God is holding Chase his own being, and are we not a part of it; I must say AfterInfinity expressed it in a different way but I sometimes wonder is God is not a Sado/Masochist as well as parent protector turned killer persecutor gone berserk; Child Protective Services needs to be called.

edit on 1-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
reply to post by colbe

colbe, if we are to accept ourselves (be in) Gods grace; we must admit and surrender ourselves as Sinners. Where and how was this concept acheieved and why is it the Hallmark Card Platitude of any belief system that holds Jesus as its Savior? Oh yes HE died for our sins (past ones I understand), if he died for all sins future what keeps me from putting banana peel slipups on my nieghbors (NIEGHBOR? descriptive accuracy problem here)driveway? I have already been forgiven, my actions are/were negated. Thankyou Jesus, I forgive you too for the mixup. God is holding Chase his own being, and are we not a part of it; I must say AfterInfinity expressed it in a different way but I sometimes wonder is God is not a Sado/Masochist as well as parent protector turned killer persecutor gone berserk; Child Protective Services needs to be called.

Maybe, you think redemption and justification have the same meaning.

And it doesn't help those non-Catholic Christians who try to sell the heresy of "imputation." The "Jesus did it all on the cross, your sins are forgiven, you are in, you're justified." The people who follow this heresy tell you Jesus in His perfection because man is completely depraved (a lie) covers all your sins in His perfection and perfect sacrifice on the Cross. Our Lord "imputes" His righteousness on you and you are justified.

Jesus opened Heaven, He redeemed mankind. Salvation, our justification is life long, we must "persevere to the end." So you are right, we battle sin our entire life. With the help of God's grace we can overcome our sinful nature.

love,

colbe

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And it doesn't help those non-Catholic Christians who try to sell the heresy of "imputation." The "Jesus did it all on the cross, your sins are forgiven, you are in, you're justified." The people who follow this heresy tell you Jesus in His perfection because man is completely depraved (a lie) covers all your sins in His perfection and perfect sacrifice on the Cross. Our Lord "imputes" His righteousness on you and you are justified.

Let's define "impute":

im·pute
transitive verb \im-ˈpyüt\
im·put·edim·put·ing
Definition of IMPUTE

1: to lay the responsibility or blame for often falsely or unjustly

im·pute
[im-pyoot] Show IPA
verb (used with object), im·put·ed, im·put·ing.
to attribute or ascribe: The children imputed magical powers to the old woman.
to attribute or ascribe (something discreditable), as to a person.

To attribute or ascribe something discreditable to a person. This falls in like with the "falsely" or "unjustly". Would you care to further explain what you mean by your claims?

Jesus opened Heaven, He redeemed mankind. Salvation, our justification is life long, we must "persevere to the end." So you are right, we battle sin our entire life. With the help of God's grace we can overcome our sinful nature.

We don't need grace. We need comprehension. You can fight for all your life and never defeat an enemy if you do not take the time to know him. And if your enemy comes from within...embrace it, for it will always be a part of you, and will only bring you trouble if you deny yourself.

Subjugation is never the way to peace.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

God's just judgments help bring humanity back to Him.

I don't know what kind of S&M fetish made you swallow that crappy sales pitch, but I sure as hell don't render my services or my life to anyone who judges me for being flawed, nor anyone who demands penitence for being an imperfect creature. And if you had any ounce of integrity, you would feel the same way...instead of selling your soul for security.

edit on 30-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

How can you talk of "integrity" AfterInfinity? As you use vulgar language and speak of sick sexual practices.

God didn't create sex for S&M.

You have no answers for finding love and peace but God does. Turn to Him. Everyone can pray, start....

love,

colbe

...but did create an adversary he/she has no dominion over?

How is your God almighty under this position? You have already provided a quote (which I reposted) that implicates your stated position in no uncertain terms...this anomoly needs to be addressed (at the very least) in its procedural form...

A99

akushla,

God created the angels with the gift of free will too. One of the highest angels said no to God and some of the
angels followed him. The Catechism is easy for you to understand and I'll post the Scriptural references you
see below in another post.

_ _ _

II. THE FALL OF THE ANGELS
391 Behind the disobedient choice of our first parents lurks a seductive voice, opposed to God, which makes them fall into death out of envy.266 Scripture and the Church's Tradition see in this being a fallen angel, called "Satan" or the "devil".267 The Church teaches that Satan was at first a good angel, made by God: "The devil and the other demons were indeed created naturally good by God, but they became evil by their own doing."268

392 Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This "fall" consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter's words to our first parents: "You will be like God."270 The devil "has sinned from the beginning"; he is "a liar and the father of lies".271

393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable. "There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death."272

394 Scripture witnesses to the disastrous influence of the one Jesus calls "a murderer from the beginning", who would even try to divert Jesus from the mission received from his Father.273 "The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil."274 In its consequences the gravest of these works was the mendacious seduction that led man to disobey God.

395 The power of Satan is, nonetheless, not infinite. He is only a creature, powerful from the fact that he is pure spirit, but still a creature. He cannot prevent the building up of God's reign. Although Satan may act in the world out of hatred for God and his kingdom in Christ Jesus, and although his action may cause grave injuries - of a spiritual nature and, indirectly, even of a physical nature- to each man and to society, the action is permitted by divine providence which with strength and gentleness guides human and cosmic history. It is a great mystery that providence should permit diabolical activity, but "we know that in everything God works for good with those who love him."275

266 Cf. Gen 3:1-5; Wis 2:24.
267 Cf Jn 8:44; Rev 12:9.
268 Lateran Council IV (1215): DS 800.
269 Cf. 2 Pet 2:4.
270 Gen 3:5.
271 1 Jn 3:8; Jn 8:44.
272 St. John Damascene, De Fide orth. 2,4: PG 94,877.
273 Jn 8:44; cf. Mt 4:1-11.
274 1 Jn 3:8.
275 Rom 8:28.

www.scborromeo.org...

God bless you,

colbe

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Well, here's a number of reasons why I don't believe you. Sure, I believe that you believe in it, but I don't believe you when you tell me that what you believe in is the absolute truth.

Watch this video please. And if you really want to impress me, you'll take a couple of hours out of your schedule to write down every contradiction listed in the video below and explain how they are valid in spite of their seemingly illogical disparity.

edit on 1-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The explanation, I share part of those paragraphs again:

391....The Church teaches that Satan was at first a good angel, made by God: "The devil and the other demons were indeed created naturally good by God, but they became evil by their own doing."268

392 Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This "fall" consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter's words to our first parents: "You will be like God."270 The devil "has sinned from the beginning"; he is "a liar and the father of lies".271

393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable. "There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is NO repentance for men AFTER death."272

In the Catechism on the Fall of the Angels (CCC 391-395), you can find the Scriptural references in the footnotes:

+ + +

John 8:44 - You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 12:9 - And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world--he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

2 Peter 2:4 - For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of nether gloom to be kept until the judgment;

1 John 3:8 - He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You're back, you said you were done? God is working on you akushla.

There are consequences for our actions in life, secular and spiritual. Good parents give their kids a "consequence" for their bad behavior.

Who is "Source", is this your word for God?

The "Fear" protest doesn't work, you are example, you do not fear, you choose to reject Christ, the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Instead, try to find out if God's revelation to man is true. All the mystical signs, the miraculous are God's help to believe. Read the lives of the saints. A famous saint of our time is Padre Pio.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---
My relationship with God/Source is not in question Colbe...do not assume it...

'Consequences' - what consequences do you propose?

Fear...Colbe...on what part of the scale of unlimited and supreme Love, would you put fear?

Padre Pio...proves everything I have written Colbe...look at my sig...understand exactly what it says (especially in relation to anything you remember me writing)...
There are more remarkable miracles Colbe...
The body you have this year contains NONE of the cells it contained, a year before!
Get back to me about Padre Pio when you understand how this could have happened...

A99

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

That was more copy and paste than it was explanation.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I have no time for scriptural references that reference themselves...I have read this book more times than you could imagine...

FREE WILL (very good...Colbe!) is central to the ideational origami that can produce the kind of monster (of a god) you are proposing...I have no dispute with the role that FREE WILL played in this script redux (incidentally, names and faces will be protected and/or merged - cos the real story is far more undramatic)...Why FREE WILL?

A99

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
reply to post by colbe

Maybe, you think redemption and justification have the same meaning.

Jesus opened Heaven, He redeemed mankind. Salvation, our justification is life long, we must "persevere to the end." So you are right, we battle sin our entire life. With the help of God's grace we can overcome our sinful nature. love,colbe

I do not see a distinction between redemption and the justification of. They are the same thing as they are attached at the hip. What is your problem with Pro-Testants, the boiling inferno you try to disreguard but is very in your face apparent to those of me observing with binocular vision. I only supposed a scenario whereby some might take the act of attrition as one of forgiven GAINFULL employment (evil) the darker side of human endeavors and maybe get a high five as understood the thoughtform behind the idea "If you are believing your black deeds to be justified and have no DOUBT" you are well within the realm of edjudification. This explains the murderous intent of nations upon nations to undo each other and be forgiven. Whatever the purpose, land, gold, people to convert explains it all. colbe, personal question; how would you describe sinful nature, how many times a week do you enter a confessional and what do you tell the Priest that you do not want your entire village to know (BTW your Priest is the biggest gossip EVER). Why dont you just in a prayerful manner talk to your maker directly? Have you ever been smacked by a Nuns Ruler, thats a trick question, it is at least 12 inches in length or 12 inches in length.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

That was more copy and paste than it was explanation.

What are you talking aboutAI? You can read can't you? I am for sure no writer, there are others who express the
Truth better than I can.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I have no time for scriptural references that reference themselves...I have read this book more times than you could imagine...
FREE WILL (very good...Colbe!) is central to the ideational origami that can produce the kind of monster (of a god) you are proposing...I have no dispute with the role that FREE WILL played in this script redux (incidentally, names and faces will be protected and/or merged - cos the real story is far more undramatic)...Why FREE WILL?

A99

akushla, hi,

I do not believe you, sorry. Grace is given when you read Scripture. And very, very important, "private judgment" of Holy Scripture is heresy. The world sees the fruit of "private judgment", error and division.

God did not give everyone reading the Bible the authority to interpret Scripture. God gave the gift to interpret
Scripture to the Church. The Church compiled Scripture so it fits, it is logical even if you don believe she has
the authority.

Read a Catholic Bible, I suggest the first and if you can't read Latin, look at the English translation, the Douay-
Rheims Bible. the English translation of the Latin Vulgate. The footnotes help one to understand why the
Church teaches what she does. Fact, not one verse in Scripture conflicts with another, OT or New when you
follow the Church, her interpretation of Scripture.

www.drbo.org...

On free will, I just shared in another thread about free will, everyone desires true love, so does God.

I pray for you to become Catholic one day, I wish before God shows the world during the Great Warning.

Go find a Catholic Church, kneel before the Tabernacle or sit if you like. You'll see a vigil lamp lit near the Tabernacle. Our Lord will give you "grace", He is there. Trust Him. And if the Church isn't open, go to the rectory (office) and ask if they would open the Church for you. If you are shy to ask, check the Sunday or weekday Mass times when the doors will be open. Better, attend Holy Mass but do not go forward to receive the most Holy Eucharist.

love,

colbe

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

A99

akushla, hi,

I do not believe you, sorry. Grace is given when you read Scripture. And very, very important, "private judgment" of Holy Scripture is heresy. The world sees the fruit of "private judgment", error and division.

God did not give everyone reading the Bible the authority to interpret Scripture. God gave the gift to interpret
Scripture to the Church. The Church compiled Scripture so it fits, it is logical even if you don believe she has
the authority.

Read a Catholic Bible, I suggest the first and if you can't read Latin, look at the English translation, the Douay-
Rheims Bible. the English translation of the Latin Vulgate. The footnotes help one to understand why the
Church teaches what she does. Fact, not one verse in Scripture conflicts with another, OT or New when you
follow the Church, her interpretation of Scripture.

www.drbo.org...

On free will, I just shared in another thread about free will, everyone desires true love, so does God.

I pray for you to become Catholic one day, I wish before God shows the world during the Great Warning.

Go find a Catholic Church, kneel before the Tabernacle or sit if you like. You'll see a vigil lamp lit near the Tabernacle. Our Lord will give you "grace", He is there. Trust Him. And if the Church isn't open, go to the rectory (office) and ask if they would open the Church for you. If you are shy to ask, check the Sunday or weekday Mass times when the doors will be open. Better, attend Holy Mass but do not go forward to receive the most Holy Eucharist.

love,

colbe

I'm not asking you to believe anything I say Colbe...you are proof of exactly what I have written up to this point...and it is patently obvious that you do not understand the processes I have described, but are treading in thier waters...for the reasons I have explained...

Once again...do not assume anything about me...that would be (and is) a mistake of immense proportions...

'wherever 2 or more of you is gathered, there am I'

Who's 'instructing' who, Colbe?

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

There is "NO" fear in love, the NT makes that very clear. Filial fear is still fear, which love has none of. You keep dancing around the issue instead of facing it.

Either the NT is wrong or the OT is wrong. The verses I listed show a clear contradiction between the two. If you don't accept it then you are ignoring it based on FEAR, which a god of love does not require.

If you fear god, then your god is not love, which means you do not worship the god of the NT, because as it clearly says, there is no fear in love.

I hate to repeat myself, but it seems like that's what I have to do to get my point across to you.
edit on 2-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

VHB has authored a great thread regards 'Who is communicating with Source'...unfortunately has dropped off the radar...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

There is "NO" fear in love, the NT makes that very clear. Filial fear is still fear, which love has none of. You keep dancing around the issue instead of facing it.

Either the NT is wrong or the OT is wrong. The verses I listed show a clear contradiction between the two. If you don't accept it then you are ignoring it based on FEAR, which a god of love does not require.

If you fear god, then your god is not love, which means you do not worship the god of the NT, because as it clearly says, there is no fear in love.

I hate to repeat myself, but it seems like that's what I have to do to get my point across to you.

Don't be too phased, I have asked the question/s...'On the scale of infinite and supreme Love...where does fear fall?'...no answer...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jer 5:22 (NIV) "Should you not fear me?" declares the Lord. "Should you not tremble in my presence?"

Ps 34:11 (NEB) Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Ps 89:7 (NIV) In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared.

Ps 76:4,7 (NIV) You [O God] are resplendent with light... You alone are to be feared.

Isa 8:12-13 (NIV) ...Do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread.

Luke 12:4-5 (Jer) "To you my friends I say: Do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. I will tell you whom to fear; fear him who, after he has killed, has the power to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him."

I might be wrong, but I believe that last one was Jesus speaking. Anyway, that's just few lines of scripture strongly suggesting that you are incorrect in your statement.

Oh, you want to talk about contradictions? Let's try this one out for size:

Ah, just one of the many contradictions. See quotes and video above.

I think you should do a little less repeating and a little more reading.

Check.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

'I think you should do a little less repeating and a little more reading'

...because you can always believe everything you read?!...

A99

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join