It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come, find the "narrow path" (gate)...ask God now for the grace to believe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

. . . would have given them the chance to repent, but instead he ordered their murders.

You are probably thinking of the Old Testament.
That book tells a story of wiping out cities at a time for whatever reason.
Some or most of those never actually happened, and probably none, the way it is told.
Regardless, if they happened or not, it isn't because God ordered it, or sent fire from heaven to destroy them.
Christians don't have to accept the OT as being strictly literal or accurate, but is more a record of Jewish beliefs that form a background of the genesis of Christianity.

jimD, thanks,

3NLIGHT is dear but is ignoring the fact God WARNS evil people of His judgment to come if they did not change.

We're living it today, this secular, relativist world mocks God enacting laws to protect the gravest sins!
40 years since Roe vs Wade. Do you think God is going act soon?

He is the patient One.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The fact is, for almost 15 years of my reading the messages from Heaven, the Protestant and Catholic:

Our Lord has never said He is returning to confirm you can believe what you wish. He has never said He is returning to reveal to the world a particular Protestant community is His Church.

Satan has infiltrated THE Church not because she is evil, "of Satan", it is because the RCC is the true faith. The evil one desires to destroy the faith, Roman Catholicism.

Come to accept Jesus' presence in the most Holy Eucharist and you will make it through the Great Tribulation except if we're martyred (all in God's Will). Believe in the Eucharist, your other misuderstandings about Catholicism will be no more.

Ask God in prayer to give you the "grace" to believe if you say "no" now.

love,

colbe

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
What OT God intended massacre are you referring t 3NLIGHT? Post the exact verses. Thanks!!!

Take your pick, there are lots of them.

Seems like your god is bi-polar. First he orders the killing of thousands or millions of people in the OT, then comes back a few thousand years later and tells people to love one another as themselves and that violence is wrong.

Which one do you believe in? Because they are definitely not the same guy.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Do you think God is going act soon?

No, sorry, I quit supporting the Apocalypse like nine months ago, if I can remember right.
I didn't write it down (the date), but it was a definite turning point in my belief system.
It came about over probably three days.
I went over all the supposed biblical proof, and decided that it was not supportable.
The world needs to start getting better, and is maybe experiencing a setback by the influence of the rapture cults spreading a feeling of complacency and disengagement.
edit on 29-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What OT God intended massacre are you referring t 3NLIGHT? Post the exact verses. Thanks!!!

Seems like your god is bi-polar. First he orders the killing of thousands or millions of people in the OT, then comes back a few thousand years later and tells people to love one another as themselves and that violence is wrong.

I have grown tired of explaining, you do not believe in a loving God. How can you stand to be so alone 3NLIGHT?

Pray, read about God, He loves you. We are all "prodigals" and so He waits for us with open arms.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Do you think God is going act soon?

No, sorry, I quit supporting the Apocalypse like nine months ago, if I can remember right.
I didn't write it down, but it was a definite turning point in my belief system.
It came about over probably three days.
I went over all the supposed biblical proof, and decided that it was not supportable.
The world needs to start getting better, and is maybe experiencing a setback by the influence of the rapture cults spreading a feeling of complacency and disengagement.

Thanks for your reply Jim. Heaven's time and their "soon" isn't our time so it seems so long we've been hearing of God's just judgment for our nation and the world.

God doesn't give exact times, we would wait until the last moment to change, to convert....

And I am always thinking prophesied events are next week. Really...a little humor.

Interesting, my wondering. There was Catholic discussion of the Great Warning and someone gave reason why it may happen in 2017. Well, in the Protestant messages, one recently given to Chris Williams, she spoke of hearing from the Father about 3 1/2 year period of time and an ending time of sometime in 2017. ???

Check for her messages, they're rather long with Scripture verses in between at www.openheaven.com...

God bless you,

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

. . . we would wait until the last moment to change, to convert....
That's probably right.
All the hoopla over 2012 was probably the breaking point with me.
Apocalypse overload.

Everyone is going to meet their own individual death soon enough.
People get desensitized by all the hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

That's probably right.
Apocalypse overload.

Yes we do. And in this long period of waiting, to us anyway, there is a lot of "dry time" not feeling the
presence of God.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have grown tired of explaining, you do not believe in a loving God. How can you stand to be so alone 3NLIGHT?

Pray, read about God, He loves you. We are all "prodigals" and so He waits for us with open arms.

Sorry 3NLIGHT,

I was rude, I am sorry. I don't want you to feel the way you do about God. Read a little of the Book of Wisdom, I love those verses.

And see, me too, human respect is worthless. No matter what people say or think God loves you, He made you, He loved you first.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I do believe in a loving god, but the OT god is far from being love.

From the NT:

1 John 4
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

From the OT:

Deuteronomy 6
13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Deuteronomy 6
24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Psalms 2
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Proverbs 23
17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

Etc., etc., etc., etc...... I could go on, but I'll stop there.

How can the OT god be the same as Jesus if he says to fear him? As John says, God is love and there is no fear in love.

Which one do you agree with? Because you can't agree with both.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

That's probably right.
Apocalypse overload.

Yes we do. And in this long period of waiting, to us anyway, there is a lot of "dry time" not feeling the
presence of God.

Here is my problem why do we have to profess Faith in order to get answers from a being that never spoke to us in the first place? I could be praying to "The Creature of the Black Lagoon" or "Mothra", or "Name your Own Confabulation", seems always FEAR BASED COLBE (why is that). I never think to pray to a Unicorn or Strawberry Shortcake/ Smurfys; although that would be an incidious plan..get the children young, Instead of a Bible at death they are presented with 20 Dr. Suess books and the question (which is your favorite because it will define your ultimate fate).

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No problem friend, we all have our moments.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I do believe in a loving god, but the OT god is far from being love.

From the NT:

1 John 4
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

From the OT:

Deuteronomy 6
13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Deuteronomy 6
24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Psalms 2
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Proverbs 23
17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

Etc., etc., etc., etc...... I could go on, but I'll stop there.

How can the OT god be the same as Jesus if he says to fear him? As John says, God is love and there is no fear in love.

Which one do you agree with? Because you can't agree with both.

3NLIGHT,
The people in the Old Covenant did not have the knowledge of God that we have in the New Covenant, Our Lord who is God came down to reveal so much more, God is the one who begs us to love Him. In the New Covenant, we have the gift of God's presence in us, Catholics call it "sanctifying grace." The OT people did not have this knowledge of God or God's 'grace' within them. You receive God's sanctifying grace for the first time at Baptism and only lose it when you commit a mortal sin.

I'll say once more, it wasn't God but the OT people who went against God's goodness.

God's just judgments help bring humanity back to Him. We're going to see His just judgment with our nation's choices. Another, Old Testament deuteronomic laws, they didn't originate from God but God allowed them for the same reason, ie: Divorce the Old Testament. Jesus explained why God allowed it but no more, in the New Covenant.

Scripture verses about the fear of God, fear of God is not all negative. The holy fear of God, this is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. It means you are in awe of God and you understand God is all perfect and includes His perfect justice. With this gift, there is a filial fear too, you do NOT want to offend God.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

reply to post by colbe

That's probably right.
Apocalypse overload.

presence of God.

Here is my problem why do we have to profess Faith in order to get answers from a being that never spoke to us in the first place? I could be praying to "The Creature of the Black Lagoon" or "Mothra", or "Name your Own Confabulation", seems always FEAR BASED COLBE (why is that). I never think to pray to a Unicorn or Strawberry Shortcake/ Smurfys; although that would be an incidious plan..get the children young, Instead of a Bible at death they are presented with 20 Dr. Suess books and the question (which is your favorite because it will define your ultimate fate).

VHB,

God wants us all to turn to Him. How are you going to do that? He is in another realm. By prayer, speaking
to Him from the heart. I am telling you, the more you pray, the more you want to pray. Tell God all the things
you do not understand about Him. Ask God to give you the "grace" to believe. He will do it.

I know this 100% friend. So, begin a prayer life. And very, very important, repent of the mortal sins of your life.
The two majors for the life of your soul, regular prayer and confession of your sins to God.

I repeat because I don't know any other way. Here's a new one, I just read of a Protestant's conversion, how he had constant anxiety attacks but when he went to holy Mass, he lost the terrible anxiety.

The love of God is not "FEAR BASED", we all choose "yes" or "no" for Him. Would you desire my love if I forced
you to love me? God doesn't either, love has to be true.

colbe

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just posted this on a similar thread:

I don't approve of any faith that encourages subjugation as an emotional coping mechanism. We fight all of our lives to be free, only to embrace dictatorship once we attain immortality? Give me a break. That's what I loathe about this reality. Every means we use to achieve an end violates the end itself. We kill to preserve life. We lie to defend truth. We steal to strive for honor. We are a walking paradox that can't even make a promise without breaking it in the same breath.

And a lot of these zealots are just more examples of that same gross contradiction that has come to define our species. It sickens me. Either you have the testicular fortitude to admit that you are a heartless cold-blooded predator only interested in preserving yourself, or you have the testicular fortitude to offer your services to your fellow man and stand behind that word. Not for a day. Not for a year. Always.

Who gives a crap about surviving? There's no point in adding years to life if you're not adding life to years. If you are not living every second of that life giving to those around you, then you have no reason to live. You are only consuming to desperately sustain your own existence. And for what? To consume more. Let the zealots cast away their wealth and belongings. Let every follower of Jesus live destitute on the streets. Let them demonstrate that this material life is not their purpose nor their interest. When they have done that, when every homeless person has sworn their life to Jesus, and when every devout Christian is wearing rags and chewing on stale bread, that is when their sincerity will become clear. That is when we'll know that their doctrine is genuine, and that their interest lies in others and not themselves.

That's when we can respect them. When they have chosen to forgo every possible comfort in favor of watching their fellow man smile. Because then we will look at them and know that they know compassion and hardship. They know where even the lowliest of men have been, they know what it is to go without and to have fear of your fellow man, and those hardened hearts that disdain the human condition and all of its flaws will finally melt in the face of true courage and family. There's love of money and connections...and then there's the bonds forged in the flames of trial and terror.

If there absolutely must be Christians, I think those are the kinds of Christians we can be proud of. If they must go to extremes, let them demonstrate extremes that help the people who need it most - the people who have no reason for faith, the people who have seen the worst of life and lost hope a few stops back. They're the ones who need it.

Let the politicians buy their own tickets to hell.

edit on 30-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Fear-based systems are systems that have lost the plot...the mechanism of fear plays an important role in 3D navigation - 'don't jump off that cliff, you'll die'...feedback loop microswitch...
As above, so below...parents who smack thier children because of percieved disobedience have called thier intelligence into question...and any who believe this is a sign of intelligence is blinded by lack of same...and by extension, any who are of the opinion that Source is not intelligence (and would therefore have a need for fear)...have made more than one fold too many...

A99

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

God's just judgments help bring humanity back to Him.

I don't know what kind of S&M fetish made you swallow that crappy sales pitch, but I sure as hell don't render my services or my life to anyone who judges me for being flawed, nor anyone who demands penitence for being an imperfect creature. And if you had any ounce of integrity, you would feel the same way...instead of selling your soul for security.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

VHB,

God wants us all to turn to Him. How are you going to do that? He is in another realm. By prayer, speaking
to Him from the heart. I am telling you, the more you pray, the more you want to pray. Tell God all the things
you do not understand about Him. Ask God to give you the "grace" to believe. He will do it.
I know this 100% friend. So, begin a prayer life. And very, very important, repent of the mortal sins of your life.
The two majors for the life of your soul, regular prayer and confession of your sins to God.
I repeat because I don't know any other way. Here's a new one, I just read of a Protestant's conversion, how he had constant anxiety attacks but when he went to holy Mass, he lost the terrible anxiety.
The love of God is not "FEAR BASED", we all choose "yes" or "no" for Him. Would you desire my love if I forced
you to love me? God doesn't either, love has to be true.colbe

I have a unique perspective is all I can say about turning to God (which one). I do speak to that which I think is IT. I wouldnt define what I do as prayer, its more a back and forth arguement. I have someone very close to me that says, ASK that is all you have to do. I am stubborn, even with the fights I have with this being, I am open to suggestions..trust factor is a big one; for some reason I cannot surrender my being to this being that will not show itself to me physically (I understand faith and am unwilling to relinquish my will to an unknown). I know that I am not alone in this thought pattern. It is fine that you repeat message; perhaps with each try you will hit the one that resonates specifically to the wholy not expecting recipient (thats the point). Once I truly accept myself as Gods expression in all of its infinate beauty as a singularity will I be at peace.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

God's just judgments help bring humanity back to Him.

I don't know what kind of S&M fetish made you swallow that crappy sales pitch, but I sure as hell don't render my services or my life to anyone who judges me for being flawed, nor anyone who demands penitence for being an imperfect creature. And if you had any ounce of integrity, you would feel the same way...instead of selling your soul for security.

How can you talk of "integrity" AfterInfinity? As you use vulgar language and speak of sick sexual practices.

God didn't create sex for S&M.

You have no answers for finding love and peace but God does. Turn to Him. Everyone can pray, start....

love,

colbe

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

How can you talk of "integrity" AfterInfinity? As you use vulgar language and speak of sick sexual practices.

At least I'm honest. You can't even be honest with yourself.

You have no answers for finding love and peace but God does. Turn to Him. Everyone can pray, start....

Your god can go straight to the abyssal world of hellfire and torment that he created for those who dared to defy him. Incidentally, prayer is a form of witchcraft. Everyone who prays ought to be killed. That's what the Bible says, right? Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Or is it okay as long as it's aimed at a particular deity? Because that's what I like to call a "double standard".

Then again, that's nothing new, is it? That's pretty much par for the course.

You should check out NonStampCollector's other videos too. He's made quite a thorough examination of all the various quirks that illuminate the Bible in all of its illogic.
edit on 1-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join