It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Formed During A Flood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLDRAFT
reply to post by GoldenRuled

That is really freaky but I would love to know where it all ends up.
For those who think it might be a "Overflow" , I would remind you, this is a flood. In the beginning of the video he points the camera to the main channel of what appears to be a river. I doubt this is a reservoir overflow. Besides, most of them are marked in some fashion as a warning.

Sink holes are a natural opening caused by erosion, man made, or otherwise. Where the water goes depends on if it is man made or not. In this case I suspect the water is draining into a rather large, cave, underground mine, or tunnel system. Underground caverns can be quite large.

Hollow Earth? I wish

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How many of you thought it might be a DUMB getting flooded? :-) Wouldn't it be ironic for some callous elitist to abandon to surface world and being all dismissive of friends and family - only to have the impenetratable survival unit become a death trap. Hmm, maybe I'll write a story - the true Illuminati turn out to be the good guys after all and let the elitist selfish humans entrap themselves in underground tombs to get rid of them so the rest of us can truly enter a new world of peace, caring and prosperity free of all the sociopaths and control freaks that were leading society to doom. Now that's some clever leadership I could actually admire. :-)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is Der Ruegun Fluess Diavo Margarite, or "The Devil's Salted Margarita" in Boorshwaggein
Latvia.

It is a naturally occurring cavern over 60,000 miles deep connected directly to the river Styx. Locals
say that during the winter flood season ice and water is dragged down, and during the dry season
supplemental animal salt licks and indigenous cactus plants are sucked in.

It is rumored that Satan himself has been seen coming out of the hole late at night on
All Hallow's Eve in search of limes...

(JK)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crystalLibra

Blackhole came to mind for me as well...

Real Dangers of the Large Haldren Collider

It is not so unimaginable that the LHC could produce “mini” blackholes, but these are not anything like the popular conceptions of a black hole, fueled by often highly inaccurate movies and over-anxious imaginations. The “mini” black holes that the LHC could produce — although still unlikely — would be microscopic at best, and unstable, which in this case just means that the could last only a tiny fraction of a second at most. Any that are produced — and again this is unlikely in the first place — will “evaporate” long before they would have any chance of pulling in any other matter. In any event, their mass would be far too small to produce enough gravity to pull in matter even as large as a microbe.

Who knows, but the salt cavern is likely but how does it suck down all that stuff through that small whirlpool and how big would the actual opening be? I thought i saw a fish try to escape it early in the video, probably a sucker fish.

edit on 24-4-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Holy, smokes !!! That is one hungry sink hole!

Did you see the size of the ice chunks it slurps down?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
EEEE!

That is wild!!! Add me to the mini black hole thinkers-lol. I think I saw a large fish get swallowed around the 7:30 mark- crikey!!

edit on 25-4-2013 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's amazing.
Wonder where all the debris goes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
This is Der Ruegun Fluess Diavo Margarite, or "The Devil's Salted Margarita" in Boorshwaggein
Latvia.

It is a naturally occurring cavern over 60,000 miles deep connected directly to the river Styx. Locals
say that during the winter flood season ice and water is dragged down, and during the dry season
supplemental animal salt licks and indigenous cactus plants are sucked in.

It is rumored that Satan himself has been seen coming out of the hole late at night on
All Hallow's Eve in search of limes...

(JK)

No info on this, 8x the width of the earth?

Myth? Joke?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I saw the video yesterday elsewhere, I was feeling very uneasy watching it as it was getting bigger despite reports in here, look at the size at the start and at the end, much bigger.

I thought the guys were insane to stand so close, I fully expected the whole ground around them to just fall away into a massive pit miles deep.

Freaky video...

Like others I wonder where the thousand upon thousands of gallons went let alone all that debris, as Eddie Murphy might have said "that's a huge hole"
edit on 25-4-2013 by Mclaneinc because: typo, yes I'm stupid..

edit on 25-4-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I just made that up for fun...(I did put (jk) at the end)

I did some research and the best info is that this was an entrance to a cave in Latvia

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So what you need to do is get some fishing line and a gallon jug "super glue" the lid on , tie the line to the jug and lets see how deep this thing is
May be even put some paint on the jug as to mark it.. May be you could find it down stream

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Links please

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Is it me or are more and more sinkholes appearing?

I'd love to know where it all ends up.

Hope it isn't linked to CERN and mini blackholes!!

Look for whirlpools on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

Sandstone caverns are another place to look, especially stalactites and stalagmites. The water forms underground streams, lakes, which erode away the stone and deposit minerals at the same time. Sometimes the rock is so finely porous that underground aquifers fill up with the purest water over millions of years.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is most likley draining into a huge cave and caven complex. Alot of these things have openings elsewhere where the water runs out into rivers. Or if there isnt a opening the water will just be stored until someone taps into it.

Things like this are dotted all over Europe.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by whatnext21

The video was uploaded on the 18th. And I seen a History Channel documentary on that link. The hole in that lake bed grew as fast as the water disappeared. It looked to me like the whirlpool grew slightly. The power it took to cube that ice to small enough debris at the rate it did to go thru whatever hole it was going thru I'm having trouble imagining. You could see it literally everything being forcefully grabbed, drug under, destroyed and then vanish. Incredible is all I can say. Its almost mesmerizing.

I know! It's UNREAL the way the blocks of ice just broke apart and disappeared! This is a trip!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It'll be the same as in Steven King's The Langoliers.It'll get bigger and bigger until all of Latvia disappears into it,then......
edit on 25-4-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This was intentional. This is a riverbed. Those tend to flood around here alot when the ice starts forming damns. This is a man made relief to stop the flooding of the river.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by strangestrip

Someone needs to put a GoPro camera in a water tight container with a GPS tracker on it

Let's go, Latvians. Make this happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I'd like to see someone throw a basketball in that hole and see what happens. Or even better, a buoy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I managed to track down the full 21 minute video

It shows towards the end exactly what is happening.

The water and debris flows to the other side of the road

Thanks , Enjoy , And as always... have a nice day!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join