It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Formed During A Flood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This video blows me away. Toward the end, you can see this thing literally suck a large chunk of ice upriver. I'm dying to find out where it's all going. The water has to be pumping into it at a rate of 5 gallons a second minimum and sucking down any mass, any size in alarming speed. Truly a wonder. Sorry if this is posted. Didn't see it. I usually cant sit thru more than a couple minutes of video, but I just had to wait for that 1 piece of debris that would stop it up. It chewed up and swallowed everything that came near it. Still looking for another video source.
MSN
edit on 23-4-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For some reason, I can't see the video...

Probably cause I'm from Canada...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Now I know where they got the idea for creating toilets!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

its in Latvia

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow! Very cool to watch.
I wonder if it is in fact a 'sink hole' ... as the area of the whirlpool doesn't seem to expand .... It's perfect formation could possibly mean the whirlpool is situated over an over-flow drain or culvert of some sort.
Just an idea

S&F
edit on 23-4-2013 by topdog81 because: S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's insane! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

That's why I was waiting for debris to stop it up. That 1 chunk of ice that went over it and then got sucked back upriver I thought sure would do it. 1 thing stands out on your theory. This is a rural setting in a low tech country. Still incredible to watch.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

eXplanation: S&F!

Embedding the vid for our viewing pleasure [it was watchable in Australia where I am]

Personal Disclosure: Amazing!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Did you say 5 gals? lol.....higher!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I said minimum. And thanks, OmegaLogos!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is truly frightening, where is all that ice and debris going? You can't see the debris popping back up, at least I don't see it. Wonder if the river/lake is empty now, wouldn't be the first time a lake has emptied overnight.

Link

I would be interested to know when this was made and what the status is. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing. That video friggin' amazed me the whirlpool seems too small to swallow all that stuff...wow.

Star for you, great find.
edit on 23-4-2013 by whatnext21 because: Additional info

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow....that was a really cool video. That whirlpool was really strong pulling in those big floaters of ice and debris. Would hate to accidentally come up on that while boating or something.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

The video was uploaded on the 18th. And I seen a History Channel documentary on that link. The hole in that lake bed grew as fast as the water disappeared. It looked to me like the whirlpool grew slightly. The power it took to cube that ice to small enough debris at the rate it did to go thru whatever hole it was going thru I'm having trouble imagining. You could see it literally everything being forcefully grabbed, drug under, destroyed and then vanish. Incredible is all I can say. Its almost mesmerizing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Wow....that was a really cool video. That whirlpool was really strong pulling in those big floaters of ice and debris. Would hate to accidentally come up on that while boating or something.

I need a toilet with this power to take my big floaters
edit on 23-4-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Thankyou Aivlas.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Is crazy, had to post it.

Had a look around to try and find anything on the vid in the op and couldn't find much. I think it's on a floodplain, so it might be some sort of drainage?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That is one hellofa toilet

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wouldnt be anywhere near that spot..

The whole area could just fall into the earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Crap! That is so very awesome! I'd like to drop a protected sensor with GPS to see where it pops up. Reminds me of the 1980 Lake peigneur draining in Louisiana. Oil drilling meets salt mine, 10 foot deep lake drains out.I wonder if we can send politicians to investigate the hole. It would be a shame if they fell in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join