It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today Poll: Public Support For Gun Control Ebbs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
WTH!?!?!
I give up, I just heard on MSNBC this morning that 80% of people supported more gun control, now I see this headline and I just want to throw my hands up in the air.

WTH is going on? Is anyone telling the truth about this??

Americans are more narrowly divided on the issue than in recent months, and backing for a bill has slipped below 50%, the poll finds. By 49%-45%, those surveyed favor Congress passing a new gun-control law. In an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll in early April, 55% had backed a stricter gun law, which was down from 61% in February.

www.usatoday.com...[ editby]edit on 23-4-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't believe in the way say Good Morning let alone any Poll they come ut with... lol tf

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Is anyone telling the truth about this??

Nope, because nobody really knows.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I just heard on MSNBC this morning that 80% of people supported more gun control

Because that is a lie :

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over” Joseph Goebbels

80% of America supports gun control.
80% of America supports gun control.

When pundits echo what 2 bit dictators do everyone's BS detector should be going off.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
People are inconsistent, reactionary, irrational, unreliable and liars.

Polls are taken by people asking other people what they think then reported on by yet even other people.

You're faith is better spent believing on some omniscient being in the clouds than in the worth, accuracy or validity of polls.

Two things you should ask for every poll: was I asked? and why do I care what other people think?
edit on 23-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As far as I know USA Today is a pretty liberal newspaper, I don't see any reason for them to lie about a drop in support so I tend to lean on this poll being accurate, has anyone seen a poll backing the 80% regurgitation ALL of the news stations are crying about?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The argument for controlling guns to prevent crime is ridiculous to begin with. It presumes that laws will be respected by criminals and the law abiding gun owner will simply roll over on demand.

I don't think there was ever any consensus for stricter gun laws. Polls are commissioned to create designer results that are then intended to swing actual public opinion in their direction. In other words, we wake one day to see that 90% of Americans favor making dogs wear purple harnesses with orange bells.

Well, we certainly don't want to be out of step with our peers so, regardless of what we think, we change our rhythm to match the presumed beat of our peers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It was 90% last week, and that was a sample size of 1100 people. Polls are too easily manipulated, and can usually be made to reflect whatever the pollster wants.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I read 4% of American thought gun control was needed 2 weeks ago in a gallop poll. All time record ammo sales since the marathon exploshion. Hmmm. Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies- Ron Paul

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
because the public was never really on board and the media has simply been pushing an agenda for the liberal cause....

when you add in the ridiculous answers from Napolitano regarding outrageous ammo purchases, domestic armored vehicles, drones etc. and the American public begins to smells that smell.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe people saw their government marching weapons of war through the streets of boston pulling people from their homes and thought "gee gun control might be a bad idea..."
edit on 23-4-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who are they asking in these polls? How do they choose who gets to answer?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Polls are commissioned to create designer results that are then intended to swing actual public opinion in their direction.
I get this point but in this instance USA Today would want the results to be opposite of what they got. They're libs so they would want a high number for gun control, instead they are getting opposite numbers...it's declining.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It never was the lie that 0bama pitched, of 90%.

Seems that USA Today is trying to regain the lost numbers from the Anti-Gun Rights crap from the past month or so.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Perhaps this graph may shed a little light on the situation:

It turns out, maybe the American people are more impervious to leftist demagoguery than some folks would prefer... so far.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Is anyone telling the truth? Am I miss reading that? Sounds to me like your questioning the status quo. Are
you suggesting the great, and powerful POTUS would lie?

Awful dangerous thoughts your having, what's your race, religion, and political party?

Just asking for a survey, really that's all....drones in 3...2....1

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Watch a womens cosmetic advert and they say 97% of women love their product*

*97% of 147 women out of about 3.5 billion on the planet

and survey will have bias since the people paying for it will want results that match their expectations but since they have to be 'random' they'll be random in places that will give the best chance of giving the results they want

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Anyone can make up a statistic; 85% of all people know that.

The truth is always in the sample size.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

It was 90% last week, and that was a sample size of 1100 people. Polls are too easily manipulated, and can usually be made to reflect whatever the pollster wants.
Do you have a link to the poll that said it was 90%?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

(Reuters) - More than 90 percent of U.S. voters supported background checks for all gun buyers, while much smaller majorities were for stricter gun control laws such as bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, said a poll released on Thursday

By a margin of 92 percent to 7 percent, voters supported background checks, the Quinnipiac University telephone poll showed. In households with a gun, 91 percent were in favor, while 8 percent were opposed, Quinnipiac said.

news.yahoo.com...

In households with a gun did not know 90% of Americans have guns doesn't matter if its 80% or 90% they will throw out any number to suit their agenda.

80-90% of this country does not even vote.

edit on 23-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join