It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Napolitano: Immigration bill important step

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano mounted a vigorous defense of the Senate Gang of Eight’s comprehensive immigration plan on Tuesday, calling the legislation an “important first step” to reforming the nation’s immigration laws.

In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Napolitano said the 844-page bill would improve the immigration system in several ways: it would modernize the current legal immigration system, implement stricter accountability measures for employers and improve border security.

www.politico.com...

So I think they really need to rethink that immigration bill especially when other things that no one likes to talk about come to light like :

"Illegal immigrants cause many problems for The United States. Sometimes referred to as Illegal Aliens, these people have entered the United States via illegal methods. The FBI recently issued a set of statistics regarding crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the United States. The numbers are alarming.In Los Angeles, over 95% of arrest warrants issued for the crime of murder are for illegal aliens. At least 83% of arrest warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens. The number climbs to 86% for Albuquerque. The most wanted lists for each of these cities is comprised of at least 75% illegal aliens.

There is no link for this unless that is what that yahoo link was until it was scrubbed the above external quoted material was found from here www.liveleak.com...

Related content for reading :

n the population study of a sample of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

www.renewamerica.com...

Contrary to what some people believe I don't have a problem with immigration when it's done the right way by people who do not think they are above the law.

Not everyone is a criminal, but if you come here illegally that is a criminal act.

The immigration issue has nothing to do with "helping" people it is all about political gain as with any hot button topic.

implement stricter accountability measures

Oh yeah except the repeat offenders who are "citizenship challenged".

edit on 23-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No way! We tried this already in 1987. We gave amnesty and they never fixed the problems. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It is an important step alright. A step towards the utter devastation of this nation.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We need to take a good hard look at our student visa program.

It seems many of these "terrorists" enter the US under such a visa.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Amnesty only leads to more illegals coming and hoping for the next amnesty. It didn't work in the past and it isn't going to work now.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
A step towards the utter devastation of this nation.

That step has been made along time ago, before Immigration became a problem.

new topics

top topics

join