It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting: Party Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am an independent so I make sure to compare all the candidates running for a given office no matter how important it may be. The issue was raised on some media outlets that many individuals still vote party affiliation only. I was wondering if anybody on ATS participates in this practice and what his/her reasoning would be for voting in this manner.

Also, do you think it would be harmful to remove a candidates party affiliation from a ballot?

-swinters

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by swintersVT
Also, do you think it would be harmful to remove a candidates party affiliation from a ballot?

Absolutely. People would have to read, listen, and generally pay attention.

that many individuals still vote party affiliation only. I was wondering if anybody on ATS participates in this practice and what his/her reasoning would be for voting in this manner.

(i don't vote this way)
However, the whole point of the party is to share a common platform. There is room to move around of course, based on the specifics of the area and the like.
But if you don't agree with the Republican platform (for example) they you wouldn't be endorsed. That is, you wouldn't be able to call yourself a republican candidate.

new topics

join