It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting In The Dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
SITTING IN THE DARK

WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT

I AM FORCED TO WONDER

WHAT IS THE POSSIBILITY….

IS THIS THE BEGINNING….

DID THE PROVERBIAL SH*T

FINALLY HIT THE FAN?

TAKING FOR GRANTED THE SIMPLE

PLEASURES IS EASY TO DO, UNTIL

YOU NO LONGER HAVE THEM.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Put $100 in a brown paper bag and leave in the trash can at your local McDonalds...or the lightbulb gets it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Btw,OP,there's nothing more soothing than candlelight-if it was'nt for the pc+fridge/freezer,i would'nt even Want electricity-i cook on gas,and i keep my house lights mostly turned off in the evenings anyway,using only candles or a lamp or 2,i don't watch tv-In fact if they invented cellphones that somehow did'nt need charging-and a way to keep food frozen,i propably would'nt even be using electricity.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I have to agree about candlelight, very soothing, natural and just plain cool. I'm currently looking for a nice oil lamp for those long nights I seem to always be doing.

Sounds like you need a solar panel or wind turbine and then you could power a 12v fridge like a caravan type. It's just a small compressor that needs the energy, and with a 1w led for a light if you really needed it. Maybe modify a small garden solar lamp that is located outside but wired via a switch in the fridge, power comes on only when you open the door so there would always be free light available. Solar phone chargers are readily available online.

Go on, do it! Go off the grid.

No TV here either, not for 15+ years.

I remember as a kid having a great time in powercuts. The creative skills of kids with no buttons to push or screen to stare at is almost unimaginable these days.

I love the night.
edit on 23/4/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join