It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in ricin letters case,released from jail, more Ricin may have been found at D.C. military ba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow yep you read that right the main suspect in the ricen letters case has been released from jail..

This comes comes hours after officials canceled a detention and preliminary hearing without explaining the reason for the change.

His lawyer said in court she thinks he has been framed suggesting that a former business associate of Curtis’ brother, a man with whom Curtis had an extended exchange of angry emails, may have set him up.

She also questioned why Curtis would have signed the letters “I am KC and I approve this message,” a phrase he had used on his Facebook page.

So what do you think does this mean they got the wrong guy? I can't see them releasing him if they were sure he's the guy..
www.washingtonpost.com... ef-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

OXFORD, Miss. — The Mississippi man charged with sending poisoned letters to President Barack Obama, a U.S. senator and a state judge was released from jail on Tuesday, federal official said, though the reason for the release wasn’t immediately clear.

Jeff Woodfin, chief deputy with the U.S. Marshals Service in Oxford, Miss., said Paul Kevin Curtis has been released from custody. Woodfin said he doesn’t know if there were any conditions on the release.

eta just saw this

Ricin may have been found at D.C. military base, Reid says

www.washingtonpost.com...

TFederal authorities are investigating another potential ricin attack at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Southeast Washington, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday.

Asked about the release earlier Tuesday of the man accused of sending ricin-laced letters to President Obama and Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Reid said there was another “alleged ricin incident” at Bolling on Tuesday

edit on 23-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by goou111 because: change title and add link

edit on 23-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah mainstream is reporting this as a "neighbor" possiby set him up.

Elvis impersonators don't sound like the type to send ricin chalk this up to the feds wanting their pound of flesh even if they don't have the right guy.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Was he actually arrested, or just picked up for questioning?
The article says he was charged, usually that would imply he was arrested.

So surprise surprise, they grabbed the wrong guy. He's lucky they didn't just shoot him outright or just roll with it and make him dissappear.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by goou111

So surprise surprise, they grabbed the wrong guy. He's lucky they didn't just shoot him outright or just roll with it and make him dissappear.

I think he was arrested and charged... it does kind of look like a frame up too

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by goou111

Can the Feds actually win in any case? If they do arrest someone and charge them it's, "They sent the letters themselves and framed him!" and if they release him or state they have the wrong person after due process its, "Oh gee look, feds screw it up again! Why don't they arrest all of us since they have no clue what they are doing!"

bla bla bla

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He was arrested but they had no evidence nor could they find any to keep the charges on him. They tried to throw the book at him but a good friend of his just happens to be a damn good attorney.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I wouldn't put it past them.

But before this, I had nothing to say on the matter. It had appeared they acted swiftly in catching the person. Good for them, but that's their job. It's expected of them. I had heard nothing of a frame up until it came out they had the wrong guy.

But yeah, you make a good point.
Generally their damned if they do and damned if they don't.
But hey, they're the Govt. it's expected for a reason. They give us very little reason to trust anything they have to say.

edit on 23-4-2013 by watchitburn because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Charges dropped against man in ricin letters case

TUPELO, MS -- A court filing says charges have been dropped against a Mississippi man accused of sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others. The one-sentence document was filed hours after the suspect was released on bond.
t

abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=9076590

top topics

join