It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricin suspect released???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just breaking across the news wires, the suspect arrested for the ricin letters has been released from federal custody. Now THAT is weird. So who really DID do it. And why did they try and pin it on faux-Elvis??

Here is the article: CNN

edit on 23-4-2013 by jtma508 because: source link

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And no one seems to have any answer as to why. Is this beginning to smell even worse than it did? I mean Elvis? Really?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My theory is that he was nothing but a diversion from the boston bombing.

They found no evidence against him. And how convenient that we had the letters arrive the day after the bombing, just like we had anthrax the entire week after 9-11.

Something doesnt smell right.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

That was my first reaction as well. I mean statistically what are the odds that 9/11 and the anthrax and then Boston and the Ricin letters? Both just days apart and unrelated? Just doesn't smell right to me either.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I thought to myself when first hearing of this,seriously?They want us to believe that an Elvis impersonater did this?Someone who may or may not have the ability to produce such a substance...Def. smells like chum to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
And now... if this wasn't weird enough, authorities respond to report of possible hazardous substance at mail facility at military base near D.C.. So hours AFTER they release suspect #1 it happens again? WTH is going on these days???

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Authorities respond to report of possible hazardous substance at mail facility at military base near D.C. Hmm, maybe Elvis was the wrong guy. lol

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... ef-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

Defense lawyer Christi McCoy, who has been pushing for the charges to be dropped, said in a text message Tuesday that she could only confirm that her client has been released.

“I can tell you he is with his family,” McCoy said.

McCoy has said that there is a news conference scheduled for 5 p.m. CDT with federal authorities and defense attorneys.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I heard an interview with the Attny on CNN. She initially said she couldn't say much, but then yammered on and on.

Apparently Elvis was set up by someone else. Although, I can't figure out why the case hasn't been dropped.

EDIT: I see that is pretty much what the article in the OP says

edit on 23-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Who wants to set this guy up?Who has the capability to make it and has a vendetta against him?I'm sure we'll see this drop off the face of the media within no time with no answers.Maybe it'll be wrapped up in a neat package with a pretty bow to satisify the masses.Waiting to see...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStar33

I'm sure we'll see this drop off the face of the media within no time with no answers.

Likely

Maybe it'll be wrapped up in a neat package with a pretty bow to satisify the masses.

Not likely.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They had to release him because there was another letter found to be "suspicious".at some military base.

He was released already so that means there is no way he could have done it.

WASHINGTON -- A third ricin letter has been discovered by authorities in the nation's capital Tuesday, the same day the initial suspect in the mailing of earlier letters was released, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told reporters. "We've had another incident today, I'm told, at Bolling Air Force Base, same substance," Reid said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 23-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Also on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid set off a new round of concerns after telling reporters ricin had been found at a mail facility at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, D.C. However, the Defense Intelligence Agency later clarified in a statement that screening equipment alerted authorities to potential hazardous substance, but an investigation found no suspicious packages or letters.

Source

I can't believe Harry Reid did something stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Charges have been dropped in light of new evidence

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Now they think it might be this guy who set him up... J. Everett Dutschke

Looks kinda like Val Kilmer.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Lips aren't full enough for Kilmer.Why did this guy do it?Or is the neatly wrapped package?

top topics

join