It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Risks of the Third Eye(Pineal)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sup, I'm here to discuss a bit about third eye meditations and there risks.

Way back when, I used to be somewhat of pineal glander, and would do some heavy meditations on it. Alas, this proved for me the opposite effect of what mediation about. I had gotten sick for quite some time, and eventually got back into meditation, and had that effect I long so desired. My meditations have never been better to this day.

My own reason was that since the pineal gland is what releases the '___' chemical,which cause dreams. It can also create a wide range of hallucinations from visual to audio. The video here also gives some examples as what it can do to a person.

Dangers of the Third Eye

Now some of you might be the hard core yoga pros, and possibly have a good time doing, and suffer no consequences. Others, well you just need to stop.When I used to do chakra meditations, I though I better way to focus on the forehead. It not really the forehead, but key for our balance physically.

I focus on my nose, whether the whole thing or the tip of it. I find this to have the same effect as the brow, but without the release of '___', due to it just being cartolidge.

Some of you may taken in what I said as a good thing. Most on the hand will probably bite my head off, and think they have something.

In that case have fun slamming your head into a wall.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
I had gotten sick for quite some time, and eventually got back into meditation, and had that effect I long so desired. My meditations have never been better to this day.

Let me get this straight. You started practicing meditation and got sick from it? What were your symptoms?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

I'd be interested to know where you learned that '___' is produced by the pineal gland. Even Rick Strassman, from The Spirit Molecule, acknowledges that it is unknown how the body produces it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Moderation is a good thing and if you get Nausea often then you are not doing it right or are using a technique that are not for you. Are you meditating on all chakras or just third eye? Are you a person who is from below trying to activate upwards or are you a person who have been thru the moment of clarity and is trying to fix the lower chakras from above to below?

I can not meditate in the way some people can since my mind is to interested in things to calm down and the spinning/cap does not help when trying to just be totally silent within since the body is having to much fun experiancing the body being alive. I instead sing and listen to music and I was into chakra unguided youtube videos for a while that got my root to be felt but after a while I stopped.

I do however have experianced a few times when the heart chakra just gets to activated to the point that it starts to become uncomfortable. But that is a new experiance to me since the first time I could really feel that chakra clearly is a month ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Annoying cracking, and as stated above.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

It was assumed back then it was, and I haven't done any recent research on it in years. And I haven't seen it, even though it on netflix.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I was impressionable about chakras, due to me being interested in meditation. However, before that I would only work on my breathing, I hardly knew anything about them before. Plus, seeing as this got popular on the internet in recent years especially with conspiracy(not this one) and pseudo-science sites back a few years ago, it would be the only thing popping up next in line to mayan and Nostradamus prophecies. Was never into the mayans or nibiru that much, or new age alien stories.

I later realized it to myself that chakras were just to help focus, but I do like how they correspond with problems in, how should we say human perceptions. Anyways, long story short, hubris got the better of me.

After all, isn't the Crown Chakra detachment from our materialistic views or problems?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The Muladhara chakra is supposedly directly connected to the Ajna chakra, so I guess that's why focusing on the nose works for Ajna as well.

I've been into kundalini yoga for a while now, although I haven't truly delved into it in the way that I'd ultimately like to, and from my experiences it can be quite risky if you're not prepared. I haven't exactly had any hallucinations in a waking state, but on the verge of sleep I've heard voices (two times I think) and sometimes I've received vivid flashes of faces or certain scenes. I can't say that I've been scared of this, but at times I've felt so uncomfortable in myself that I haven't dared to turn the light off because I felt that meant that I would give up "myself." Another note is that my dreams have become very vivid since I started meditating on the pineal gland. One time I dreamt that it "opened" and that birds flew out of it. That was cool.

I guess the main "risk" with meditating on the pineal gland is that it can lead to a sense of complete detachment. Of course this is one of the points of kundalini yoga, but you must be sure that you're ready for this feeling since it can be quite overwhelming and problematic depending on your lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I don't have any interest really in pineal glands and meditation or developing the 'third eye', but if i relax and close my eyes i always visualize the room from a slightly altered perspective, with this leading on to hallucinatory type visions, which amusingly can be played out on the television screen even though it isn't turned on and i'm not facing in it's direction.

It's an enjoyable state of being, but i don't know if it's entirely healthy, i do get hyper-thyroidsim and i guess the pineal gland may be equally prone to hyperism, but i'm not aware what detrimental affects this would cause.

The viewing perspective is generally slightly above and to the side during visualization, which i guess gave rise to the tradition of the little guardian Angel on the shoulder, you're seeing things through his eyes, as it were, or this could be seen as an owl upon the shoulder all seeing in the darkness, or even the raven of the seer, so in a sense that gives rise to detatchment, the suggestion of another aspect of self.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Pretty interesting documentary. Rick was shunned by his Buddhist Lama for suggesting dimethyltryptamine induced a state that the Lamas worked their whole lives to achieve.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I was impressionable about chakras, due to me being interested in meditation. However, before that I would only work on my breathing, I hardly knew anything about them before. Plus, seeing as this got popular on the internet in recent years especially with conspiracy(not this one) and pseudo-science sites back a few years ago, it would be the only thing popping up next in line to mayan and Nostradamus prophecies. Was never into the mayans or nibiru that much, or new age alien stories.

I later realized it to myself that chakras were just to help focus, but I do like how they correspond with problems in, how should we say human perceptions. Anyways, long story short, hubris got the better of me.

After all, isn't the Crown Chakra detachment from our materialistic views or problems?

It might be that the Crown Chakra is hard to achieve if you are not ready to truelly let go of the physical but I cannot be sure because I only know my experiances and not others. I agree that chakras can be used as a tool to experiance things and direct things and intention and I am pretty sure I do not understand even a 10% of what the body is really doing.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funafuti

The Muladhara chakra is supposedly directly connected to the Ajna chakra, so I guess that's why focusing on the nose works for Ajna as well.

I've been into kundalini yoga for a while now, although I haven't truly delved into it in the way that I'd ultimately like to, and from my experiences it can be quite risky if you're not prepared. I haven't exactly had any hallucinations in a waking state, but on the verge of sleep I've heard voices (two times I think) and sometimes I've received vivid flashes of faces or certain scenes. I can't say that I've been scared of this, but at times I've felt so uncomfortable in myself that I haven't dared to turn the light off because I felt that meant that I would give up "myself." Another note is that my dreams have become very vivid since I started meditating on the pineal gland. One time I dreamt that it "opened" and that birds flew out of it. That was cool.

I guess the main "risk" with meditating on the pineal gland is that it can lead to a sense of complete detachment. Of course this is one of the points of kundalini yoga, but you must be sure that you're ready for this feeling since it can be quite overwhelming and problematic depending on your lifestyle.

You are from my point o view right. If you go down the rabbitwhole you will lose yourself (or a part of what you call yourself) and come back transformed and it will sometimes be hard to continue living your old life not telling your experiances to others since most are not ready at all to hear it. You will feel disconnected from the people you cannot be honest to.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I be more interested in brain entrainment, which gave for me any way more better and balanced state of mind. It a good thing that you haven't really tried at all, it not good idea to tinker with your nut and bolts. Also, I found the brain kind of acts like a muscle at times, and it not difficult at to do. I eventually figured out how to entrain myself quite easily with out binurals, and for some reason it only right before I go to sleep is when I can do. When I wake up, I feel like I'm in a much better state of mind.

My meditations that I do during the day however, I try to mainly focus on breathing rather then entrainment. I can get very hyper inside my mind if I don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Personally I find, the crown chakra more better for older folks, instead of the youth. The young need attachment, when the old at times need the detachment for their own reason. I found this pic which kind of tell me yea.

I can be detached at snap of my finger, but then it attachment that bothers me at time. Not only that, I get anger issues at time.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I can be detached at snap of my finger, but then it attachment that bothers me at time. Not only that, I get anger issues at time.

Are you married?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I tend to focus on that...ummm....... area that focuses on the genitalia.. knawww sayyinn?
gets me into trouble sometimes though.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No, I haven't fallen in a trap yet. Thank God.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yea, used to bother the crap out of me back then. Just try to imagine where they would be instead, of genitalia, like the spine a good example. I've noticed it different in the cultures.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, I haven't fallen in a trap yet. Thank God.

If you do, come and let us know if you are still able to be detached at the snap of your finger after the honeymoon stage wears off.

edit on 25-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hopefully by the point, I still can. Lol.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join