It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON- A Serious Waste of Time if You Need Assistance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hello,

In Sept 2012, my wife shot several photos from her cell on the way to work in Indiana. I decided to send in a report to MUFON and ask for assistance to what might be in the photos. They were unique, but that does not mean they are from another world. I contacted the Indiana Chapter months later after having tried to review the photos with others. The Indiana Chapter told me that they could not help me and that I would need to file a report with the National organization and then they would contact me. Wow, what a scam.... they failed to contact me, but George Filer was more than happy to submit a partial of my piece and send it out over the web in his "Files" only days later.

MUFON has no credibility in my eyes if this is what they are doing. I wanted answers, if possible. Instead they never contacted me and were more than happy post the information. I wanted assistance, not a load of BS. Glad I could help George Filer produce his Filers Files.

Thanks for the Assist MUFON!!!

This is what Filer posted in his 10-2013 File...

BrAZIL -- My spouse was returning to work after 11:10 AM on the 10th of September 2012. She phoned stating she had taken pictures of something rather strange she spotted while driving on State Road 59 by Forest Park. She thought it might be a blimp, but this did not look like a normal blimp. She observed the craft hovering and then moving north of the town of Brazil and took several photos. No one is sure what the object might be. You will notice the object below the traffic light and near the power lines. The object appears like a small white object with a dark bottom. Ken Pfeifer MUFON NJ www.worldufophotos.org

This is what we posted at the MUFON site for assistance(with photos) on Feb 26, 2013, Brazil, Indiana.

My spouse was returning to work after 11:10 AM on the 10th of Sept. 2012. She contacted me on the phone after returning to work stating that she had taken pictures (via cell) of something rather strange she spotted while driving on State Road 59 by Forest Park. At first, she though it might be a blimp that sometimes passes over Brazil, but this did not look like the normal blimp that travels through the area. I looked at the photos and it did not look like the blimp either, but tha is not to say it is not. She observed the craft hovering and then moving North of the town of Brazil, Indiana. She took photos on both 59 and by the Hardees (North)of the object.

We have looked at the photos, but no one is sure what the object might be.

You will notice the object below the traffic light and near the power lines in photo 2-3 and in the v of two trees in the first photo. The object appears like a small white object with a dark bottom.

This is my first mail to MUFON Indiana

Your email was received. Request you submitt report at www.mufon .com and attach photo files. that way its in our system and we can work with it. Sub mit information you want. Thank you for your effort

Regars
Stewart Hill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: 3 Daylight Photos from September 2012 (Do you have software to check photos?)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:47:06 -0800

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Email address:
Subject: 3 Daylight Photos from September 2012 (Do you have software to check photos?)
Message: I have 3 Photos that I would like to send to you and have looked at. These were taken on a phone around 11:20 in the morning on September 10th. If you are interested, please contact me via e-mail or phone at

State Director
Indiana MUFON

Email: [email protected]
-----------------------------------------------------
Your email was received. Request you submitt report at www.mufon .com and attach photo files. that way its in our system and we can work with it. Sub mit information you want. Thank you for your effort

Regars
Stewart Hill

What I sent in April... I don't expect them to be fast, but they sure were fast in posting without confirming the information on Filer Files.

Final Reply to Indiana Chapter...

Am I to understand that I recieve no information or help from the Indiana MUFON for photos that I submitted to be looked at on the 26th of Feb

--- On Tue, 1/29/13, Indiana MUFON wrote:

Subject: RE: 3 Daylight Photos from September 2012 (Do you have software to check photos?)
To:
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:17 AM

edit on 23-4-2013 by viper1973 because: left mail adress in the text

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well it sucks to find out they apparently don't "investigate" much of anything, just rely on peoples photo's to make themselves look important. At least it seems that way from your story.

Did you ever post the pictures here? I bet you would have more help.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Skip the middle man (mufon)

Send direct to Bigelow. aero industries.

edit on 23-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well,there is something in those pictures,just above the treeline.

mufon.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The object in question.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The NERVE those aliens have, to fly around in broad daylight like that!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
that object is really hard to see.Sorry but I dont know what to tell you other than i really doubt its a ufo

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you don't know what it is, it's a UFO.

From the color and the shape, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say a blimp of some kind. Can't judge the distance so the size is undetermined.

I did find a video of a guy flying an RC blimp in Brazil. Scroll down the page on this thread.

www.rcgroups.com...

But who knows? Something's definitely there, though.
edit on 23-4-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What concerns me is that what you submitted was not recorded as is, word for word. Very unprofessional and likely to cause issues when investigators attempt to analyze the intricacies of a case.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So? Mufon is a loosely organized group of volunteers who, at the state level, have little in the way of investigative talent. The don't have "photographic experts" at the state level at all--just people who are interested in UFOs and may have a little basic field work knowledge. The state chapters are as varied as the world's religions. In one place you may have a dominance of starry-eyed believers in Billy Meiers. In another you may have hard-nosed rationalists who don't believe in much of anything. In fact, the state chapters don't have any record keeping ability.

In other words, it was perfectly appropriate for the state chapter to refer you to the national level. Did you do that?

And what do you have, really? Another blurry set of photos of something that might be mechanical, might not. It's yet another set of low-quality pictures that don't prove or disprove anything. So you saw something in the skies, but you're not quite sure what, and these pics can be added to the thousands of pics we already have, which don't tell us a damn thing about what these craft (if they're not lenticular clouds) are or what they are up to.

Talk about a waste of time....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by viper1973

Well the exif data is on the first image

Camera Make [0x010F] = HTC
Camera Model [0x0110] = ADR6350
X-Resolution [0x011A] = 72/1 ===> 72
Y-Resolution [0x011B] = 72/1 ===> 72
X/Y-Resolution Unit [0x0128] = inch (2)
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) [0x0213] = centered / center of pixel array (1)

EXIF Sub IFD

ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] = 103
EXIF Version [0x9000] = 0220
Original Date/Time [0x9003] = 2012:09:10 11:21:23
Digitization Date/Time [0x9004] = 2012:09:10 11:21:23
Components Configuration [0x9101] = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
Focal Length [0x920A] = 457/100 mm ===> 4.57 mm
FlashPix Version [0xA000] = 0100
Colour Space [0xA001] = sRGB (1)
Image Width [0xA002] = 848 pixels
Image Height [0xA003] = 1408 pixels

The actual object is about 18 pixels long can I ask is a local airport nearby

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well buddy, what really should concern anyone is that this "National" organization allowed the information to be sent out withing hours in Filers Files without even checking for validity and not even producing the actual text verbatim.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yes, we do have two airports in our area and Indianapolis is only a short trip up I-70. What made this interesting was that I had worked for I.I.A. on the SIDA side-flight line and have seen enough planes and blimps and that seeing these pics and knowing my area, raised just a little curiousity.

For those who say wow, another set of blurry photos. I am sorry, I assume most people have lives, have to work, and do not travel with anything more than a cell phone camera. Its not like my wife is out looking into the skies for unusual activity at 11 in the morning...lol. She just found it strange because we normally know it is the blimp passing by on another run.

The real concern should be MUFON taking text, changing it, and then using it to gain attention and more memberships. It leads me to believe there is a credability gap in an organization that I though was 1. more organized and 2. more professional.

was just hoping to find a professional or professional organization who might have some software tha could tell us what it might be, since it was unusual. I could care less if it was an RC blimp, balloon, etc, just wanted to know what it was because it is rather large. I though maybe MUFON had information that could help and say, yup, a blimp flew another path from Indy to St. Louis and that is what you saw or yup, we checked the pic and it looks like a plane upon closer review.

What I did not expect was to see them throw it out on the web and change the text without the common courtesy of a "reach around"

Thanks for the assist
edit on 23-4-2013 by viper1973 because: adding text

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

That is what concerned me also. Though I would like to know what might be in the photo, I find it funny how they changed the text and then slammed it out to the world without even asking me for any additional information or at least telling me. Imagine my surprise to see it in those "Files" only a day later, but they can't even contact me...a real scam!
edit on 23-4-2013 by viper1973 because: changed wording

Thanks for the assist
edit on 23-4-2013 by viper1973 because: change text

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

We have people who throw the laterns in the air during the evening, but I have not seen a person throw an RC blimp up in or around the town, I guess I should have told my wife to follow it, but she did have to get back to work, something about a 30 minute lunch and a time card...lol

Thanks for your assist
edit on 23-4-2013 by viper1973 because: not edit, hit wrong button

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I also learned the hard way that MUFON was not much interested in sightings, especially about decent sightings of triangles. Back in 1985 I was an investigator for a small UFO outfit. I was given to research a sighting by an Oklahoma ex-paratrooper and his son. In my hour-long telephone interview, the guy was very articulate about what they had witnessed: two extremely low, huge craft moving nose-to-tail under an overcast night sky with no noise. The father and son had seen the lights approaching from the right and stopped the car and got out as the ships drew near to crossing the road in front of them. This were one of the first, very credible triangle sightings ever made.

Walt Andrus, the then head of MUFON dismissed the whole report I copied and sent him. However, I still have the postecardhe sent me after I had to prod him to give me some feedback on the sighting. The postcard is important because he wrote that the local airport reported that "...there were maneuvers" in the area that night. Evidently ours!

For my money, I suspect that MUFON took over the job of Blue Book, and as did the government, didn't get to seriously involved in investigating UFOs but to serve merely as a place to send sightings. After all, sightings as such are never going to prove UFOs. But a triangle sighting is far different, because those are our ships, not the typical UFO, and the longer we can keep them secret, the better.

top topics

join