It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Thwarted" Canadian Terror Plot Seems To Be A Little Too Convenient...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Very convenient. Standard "distract, deflect and redirect" fare. So what are they hiding?

S&F&

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

As always it is best to get your facts straight first instead of ridiculing a good country.

news.nationalpost.com...

News Excerpt: RCMP officials have said the investigation began in August 2012. Why investigators chose to make the arrests on Monday is unclear but RCMP have said there was no imminent threat.

Even if investigators believe they have probable cause to charge someone, they may hold off making an arrest in the hopes of collecting further intelligence and see if others might be involved, the U.S. security official said.

“If we can allow that situation to flesh itself out more we will,” but only if investigators believe they have a “controlled case” — meaning the public is not in any danger, the official said.

( AN IMORTANT FACT is that the USA requested Canada to NOT arrest the suspects EARLIER IN THE INVESTIGATION so THEY could follow the trail back to the States.)

www.cbc.ca...

News Excerpt: Police have been investigating since August 2012. International intelligence sources tell CBC News that Canadian law enforcement agencies were ready to shut down the alleged plot and make the arrests months ago.

But partly at the urging of U.S. intelligence agents, the investigation was left open.

Sources said that while the U.S. law enforcement agencies were co-operating in the investigation of the alleged train plot, they also wanted to know who else might be involved.

The CIA has been particularly interested in the al-Qaeda operatives in Iran supporting the alleged terrorist plot in Canada.

Intelligence sources say the Boston Marathon attacks changed everything. It is unclear if that pushed the Americans to urge Canada to shut down the alleged train plot or if it compelled Canadian authorities to simply act on their own.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: editing

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

the general public will be desensitized to the violence as each day passes and another story of "terror" is broadcast. pretty soon, the general public will stop listening. not that the general public will begin to awaken. but the idea of a terrorist will lose its shock value.

take for an example, inner city gangs. at one time, a news story of gang violence would captivate the audience. people would be scared enough to sit down in front of the television and watch the local news. but not so much any more. except in instances of extreme violence does a gang make a blip on the radar of the general public.

today we have "terrorists". in time, they too will lose their shock value. my question is what happens next? who is the next boogie man (not sure if this is the right version of "boogie" ha ha ha).

as long as there is something to frighten the general public, there will be a politician to exploit it.

just my opinion.

s&f to this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Sadly I do not believe that we will see peace between nations in sixty years time, simply because fundamental Islam is totally incompatible with Western democracy. In fact, it is ultimately incompatible with anything but itself.

Many academics have noted that a global caliphate under Sharia law is the aim of groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, that myriad Islamic scholars can get no further in literary studies than to erroneously claim that the Quran is the height of literary beauty and perfection, that Islam stifles intellectual/cultural progress of nations, and not least amongst these few initial issues, because the whole system is based upon reverence for the 'most perfect human who has ever lived', namely Mohammed. Who just happens to have been a sadistic, mentally unstable warlord whose dishonorable conduct extended far beyond the formative 'smash and grab' cross-border raids which gained him a crowd of loyal mercenaries that hung on his every word. Mohammed was also an insatiable paedophile, who took a six year-old bride, beginning to rape her at age nine. He took several wives as he saw fit and also counselled that the rape of slave girls was acceptable conduct for a Muslim.

Islam is the only religion practiced by large swathes of Humanity which actively promotes and openly consists of a largely inverse set of moral standards. Practitioners do not tend to integrate with Western society - with the notable exception of moderate Muslims (who literally disobey 'Allah' in order to live morally correct lives compatible with the presence of non-Muslim). Rather, Fundamental Islam intends to conquer the globe, by armed Jihad where possible, and by population increase in strategic manner, often using deliberate deception known as taqqiyah to manipulate the perception of Islam such as is held by non-Muslims. The significant majority of Muslims who are extant in the Middle East either call for the destruction of Israel, or would be in some measure contented to see its demise. From there, all fundamental Islamists would work towards the global caliphate (Jihad against everyone else - though taqqiyah allows fundamentalists to deceive, saying that Jihad is only a personal battle, or that it is warfare conducted in self-defence).

That my friend is sadly why there will be no lasting peace between Islam and the rest of the world.

It's similar, though clearly more deadly, to the way in which certain elements within Christianity nearly always stifle the proper acquisition of a suitably scientific world view.

Note - yes, I am appalled by many of the actions of the Western elitist leaders; however I hugely value the freedom to openly practice a political philosophy, occupation, social activity & religion of my choice, especially with freedom to talk openly about it all without the institutional and community persecution endemic throughout the globe in majority-Islamic societies/ subcultures. Additionally, I am exceptionally pleased that women and children can live in safety from the widespread abuse perpetrated against the same in the majority of Islamic cultures .

As stated earlier, I do not dispute that moderate Muslims are decent and well-mannered, civilised people who participate in Western society to levels often exceeding people of other faith groups/ anostics/atheists in Western nations.

Moderators, please consider the final paragraph before responding to biased requests to delete this comment. Please note that I am presently using ATS from a smartphone, and cannot add source links, but I will return to the thread in order to edit this comment to include comprehensive references (or to add them in a new comment if I miss the four hour window). I have long appreciated that there is a significant anti-Israel and anti-Christian bias on ATS, and misapplied concerns over the dangers of Zionism, along with a general consensus that Muslims are convenient patsies in false flag events (I often suspect false flag over the official explanation) leading to a dangerous tendency amongst the membership to totally misunderstand and underestimate the risks and widespread unpleasant behaviour in fundamental Islam.

My comment here is simply a full response to the question raised on page 1 of this thread, regarding whether there will be peace between Islam and the West within 60 years. Everything I have written is based either upon absolute, indisputable fact, or upon recent, culturally relevant opinions from established mainstream academics who are peer-reviewed and are not considered to be racist or 'Islamaphobic', or upon sensitively composed journalistic articles from broadsheet newspapers, combined with my own experience and study as regards comparative theology & investigations into the untold stories of various aspects of Islam.
edit on 24-4-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight

As always it is best to get your facts straight first instead of ridiculing a good country.

ridicule? Get over yourself. After reading your reply, we have come to similar conclusions so why write that? It was similar to what you implied in your reply. Boston bombing happened... then they decided to act. either conveniently, or because the bombing was a wake up call to shut them down immediately.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Specifically as regards the theory of the OP, I too raised an eyebrow when the Canadians released preliminary details via a press conference.

You will be interested to know that here in the UK, the report on the story, and footage from the press conference, was edited to COMPLETELY OMIT ANY MENTION OF AMERICAN INVOLVEMENT, and with no reference to Iran.

Even in spite of this, I was immediately hit with the thought of 'This seems a little convenient, fits nicely with American 'anti-terror' agenda.

On the same day we were presented with stories regarding the USA sending troops to deploy into Syria, and that the troops had been told by senior members of the administration to 'prepare to be assaulted by chemical weapons deployed against you by President Assad..'

Now having learned via this thread of the perfect line regarding Iran's links to terror plots on the North American continent, well, the whole thing seems to fit perfectly with a long-known (on ATS) agenda to topple/replace certain regimes.

Libya & Egypt were done a while back, leading to enhanced probems with seriously dangerous Islamic fundamentalism in the resultant power vacuums. Syria is already being attacked by USA-sponsored fundamentalist Islamic mercenaries, and now US troops are set to go in, again with WMDs being cited amongst the rhetoric. Iran has been attacked verbally & in cyberspace, and with sanctions, and is now on the verge of the final ramp-up to bombing runs & perhaps invasion by US & Israeli-led forces.

These jerks are intent on starting WW3.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Here Here!!

This should be THE single biggest thing to FORCE Americans and Canadians alike to take to the streets, take to the parliament and white house lawn and protest. We need to come together IF our governments unlawfully enter into a war with Iran/Syria based on fabrications and coercion from the Zionist state of Israel.

In all actuality, if we weren't bombarded with mainstream media, with little hand held devices that keep us distracted, with working 40 hours a week, with paying outrageous gas prices, etc, etc, etc, the invasion of Syria and Iran would cause the same outrage and protest as the Vietnam war did.

Does anyone really think the North American populace will come out in droves to protest these upcoming wars? Not much of a chance. We are weakened to a state of accepting any rubbish(for my UK friends) that the mainstream media throws at us. I myself included. I don't know where to begin, it feels like a futile task at hand (stopping our governments from entering into these fabricated and zionist planned wars). I wish my fellow citizens would want to stop our governments from continuing this false war on terror. I wish the people would show HEART, like the videos I see of the active and concerned populace from the Vietnam era. Wanting to keep OUR men/women safe and not send them to die over some horrendous agendas should be our first priority.
edit on 24-4-2013 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Originally posted by Elderlight

ridicule? Get over yourself. After reading your reply, we have come to similar conclusions so why write that? It was similar to what you implied in your reply. Boston bombing happened... then they decided to act. either conveniently, or because the bombing was a wake up call to shut them down immediately.

This is not about me. Why do you post inaccuracies and disrespectful comments? Keep to the issue.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: editing...what else?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
.reply to post by unknown known

Thank You for Your Words:
"... I wish my fellow citizens would want to stop our governments from continuing this false war on terror. I wish the people would show HEART, like the videos I see of the active and concerned populace from the Vietnam era. Wanting to keep OUR men/women safe and not send them to die over some horrendous agendas should be our first priority...."

You know, I suspect that we just do not know what to do! And if we do act out in protest in the streets will it make a difference?

Unlike the Americans whose government is actually responsible to the people, the Canadian government is responsible only to themselves. None of our nationwide protests, such as those against Free Trade or HST, had any effect. It is like banging one's head against the wall; the only effect is more pain.

I agree with your "wish". It is criminal to send healthy, young men and women into foreign countries to be killed, or worse: maimed physically, psychologically and spiritually.

If you have any valid ideas please post them. Perhaps your words will be the spark necessary to fire up the people.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: same

edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: ditto

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
So they're watching these 2 guys since last September. They want to derail a train in Toronto, with no particular plan yet, apparently. We're talking about derailing a train here, it's not rocket science... Seven months later, they still haven't figured it out???

As for ties between Al-Quaeda and Iran. First I don't believe in the existence of Al-Quaeda, too much proof in the way of their non-existence, I don't think I need to post hundreds of links here, do I? Second, even if Al-Quaeda did exist, they're Arabs while Iranians are Persians and the two don't have the same agenda and don't get along all that much, so any ties would be surprising at best.

And I return to the original point, after seven months, they still haven't figured out how to derailment a train? I continue to sleep peacefully. [/quote

Canada moved to arrest the 2 suspects several months ago. The USA requested they not do so because they wanted to follow up on some leads which affected their country as well. Canadian RCMP are a highly qualified, effective policing force. Canadian and American agencies cooperated in this endeavour... as they must since we share a border spanning several 1000 miles.

www.nationalpost.com.../2013/04/24/officials-in-canada-u-s-are-watching-more-suspects-in-via-train-ter ror-plot
edit on 24-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Editing

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known

Here Here!!

This should be THE single biggest thing to FORCE Americans and Canadians alike to take to the streets, take to the parliament and white house lawn and protest. We need to come together IF our governments unlawfully enter into a war with Iran/Syria based on fabrications and coercion from the Zionist state of Israel.

In all actuality, if we weren't bombarded with mainstream media, with little hand held devices that keep us distracted, with working 40 hours a week, with paying outrageous gas prices, etc, etc, etc, the invasion of Syria and Iran would cause the same outrage and protest as the Vietnam war did.

Does anyone really think the North American populace will come out in droves to protest these upcoming wars? Not much of a chance. We are weakened to a state of accepting any rubbish(for my UK friends) that the mainstream media throws at us. I myself included. I don't know where to begin, it feels like a futile task at hand (stopping our governments from entering into these fabricated and zionist planned wars). I wish my fellow citizens would want to stop our governments from continuing this false war on terror. I wish the people would show HEART, like the videos I see of the active and concerned populace from the Vietnam era. Wanting to keep OUR men/women safe and not send them to die over some horrendous agendas should be our first priority.
edit on 24-4-2013 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

Quoted for truth...

This post was great and sends the point I was trying to explain.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

ZOMG - now here is a conspiracy, me and Corrupted agreeing on something. You folks should really be scared.

Yes, I really do believe "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." There is no reason that they can't just move on as they always have. Canada DOES NOT NEED a US version of the NDAA.

Harper has been doing quite a few things lately that turn my conservative libertarian stomach.....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You are lucky Superman is away on vacation

Yeah man, I have no idea what to think from the details provided so far other than the obvious reactions to certain statements and actions.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hi CE

Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])

using an event like this to justify abrogation of our rights IS terrorism
or the definition if IS IS terrorISm:
A with a side of Bi and Bii

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
oh the best part i forgot to mention;
note that in the above definition it says in effect
that the US laws of terrorism apply ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

now if that isn't an attempt at "world government...."

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
oh the best part i forgot to mention;
note that in the above definition it says in effect
that the US laws of terrorism apply ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

now if that isn't an attempt at "world government...."

Attempt at world drone strikes, off topic as # but true.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It didn't even seem like a legit arrest. Over here there's usually a high-speed moose chase before the arrest is made.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Not to get of topic, but I was reading that quote as the united states or any state, which inhindsight may mean either a US state or any national state.... ( I will allow for a possible miss read there on my part)

But since the FBI seems to have been involved in our affairs of state..and whose to say they won't drone bomb a wedding here for the usual reasons...we are after all, like pakistan, an ally

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight

And if we do act out in protest in the streets will it make a difference?

Sadly, I think the recent 'de facto state of martial law' in Boston demonstrates quite clearly, in tandem with recent DHS acquisitions (including the armored vehicles, bullet stockpile sufficient to supply a 30 year war, and 7000 more fully automatic assault rifles cutely termed 'personal defence weapons', as well as these hideous 'No Hesitation (trademarked)' shooting targets, recently supplied to your favorite fascist state police force) demonstrate clearly that the views or resistance of the citizenry to the iron will of the puppet leadership of the Federal USA will not be entertained or tolerated.

I suspect that these latest invasions (Syria, possibly Iran) will lead to further expansion of Islamic fundamentalism in the nations surrounding Israel, and will at some point cause Iran to attempt to make good on their genocidal rhetoric by attempting to obliterate Israel in retaliation.

People, please don't misunderstand me. I do not support the attacks against relatively docile Islamic nations by Western elitists. However, the dangers to the world of fundamental Islam are in fact greater, if the practitioners are enabled to propagate the doctrine of 'Meccan Surah-inspired' Jihad.

Therefore what everyone needs to understand is this: That the supposed 'War on Terror', the deposition of relatively docile Islamic leaders and their supporters, while touted as protecting the world from fundamentalist Islam, is actually a very deliberate ploy to ensure that fundamentalist Islam propagates and grows in strength & cohesion, in the power vacuums resulting from said deposition of moderates.

The actions of the apparently Zionist USA leadership is, by its ongoing actions, contributing to a scenario in which Israel will be utterly surrounded by openly hostile fundamental Islamists, eager for a chance to destroy the land which gave the world Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, what can we say of Zionists, but that they are neither Jew nor Christian? They clearly aren't Muslim, so what are they?

They are, quite simply, Satanists, followers of the one that Christ named as 'the god of this world'. At the upper eschelons of power, they ascribe to openly Luciferian doctrine, dressed up in the trappings of the Babylonian mystery schools, supposedly simply a path to enlightenment through the interpretation of mystic symbolism, but in reality providing cover for genuine magical ritual involving the summoning of demons. They make a show of apparent Christian beliefs, but behind the most well-protected closed doors, they trade their souls for power within the present order, and as they hope for within their lifetimes, within the intended New World Order, which can only arise after the destruction of the symbolic figurehead nation of Western thought, Israel. The use of Fundamental Islam, and limited scope nuclear combat to achieve this goal enables the Elite to arise in the aftermath as supposed saviours, establishing a new global government to 'prevent such devastating conflict from ever occurring again'.

The global Elite will thereby intend to resolve what they see as an unfair resource distribution - namely, that there are too many non-Elitists taking wealth away from those who already have more than they could ever use. Depopulation, followed by the establishment of a ruler-slave social hierarchy. The 'haves' will exponentially increase their power, and the remaining lower classes will be reduced to state-run subsistence & servitude. This will be the intended goal of all the Zionist actions, and they will be aided by 'interdimensional beings' in the initial stages.

However, I know for certain that they will fail in their efforts, and in fact that the whole plan will backfire, leading to the decimation of their ranks.

Sadly, this doesn't mean that the world will be a great place to be after their defeat. All of this will fit in with the plans of the 'god of this world', and the 'interdimensional beings' will eventually manipulate the chaos to suit their true intentions. Bit of a wild theory, I know, but the thing is that those Zionists who have usurped the rulership of the West, genuinely follow 'gods', pretending that they do so only symbolically - these 'gods', the 'interdimensional beings', manipulate them in many ways. The prime ruler, the 'Prince of Darkness' is known, as ever he was, as 'The Greatest Deceiver', by those who understand.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Not all Palestinian are none-jews.

Israel and Zionists have been playing victim and committing all kinds of genocide all around the world.

Something must stop them , whether Islamic or none Islamic.

And if you doubt that , read the American war history and the history of occupation in Palestine.

But none fair people always read what they like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join