Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The "Thwarted" Canadian Terror Plot Seems To Be A Little Too Convenient...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+82 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Before I begin will point out that a lot of the ideas shared in this OP will be speculative even though some of it will be factually based. I will not claim my opinion to be fact, and will do my best to point out when I am being speculative or voicing my opinion so we do not confuse my opinion as fact.

As many of us are aware, there has allegedly been a terror plot orchestrated by Al-Qaeda with links within Iran that has been thwarted in Canada by the FBI and the RCMP. This happens just after the Boston incident and while our government is in the process of trying to pass an Anti-Terror bill that many Canadians believe to be directed towards Canadians and their liberties instead of actual terrorists.

ATS member MidnightTide created a thread on how our government is using the Boston incident as a reason to push this questionable legislation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even though MidnightTide and I disagree on various issues, I agree with the observations and opinions he shared in this thread. He pointed out that they "never let a crisis go to waste" which I believe to be completly true.

So, as we are still trying to figure out what really happened in Boston, and while our government is exploiting the events in Boston to their advantage, they conveniently come out and very publicly announce this terror plot that they have stopped.

I do not know enough about this plot to base any conclusions, especially considering the lack of information that has been released to the public.

The first thing I thought of when I heard this news was the "Toronto 18". For those who are unaware of the Toronto 18, they were a terror cell in Canada who were allegedly planning attacks on Canadian targets with the intention to cause as much harm as possible to civilians and government officials including our Prime Minister.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have always had a few problems with some of the facts surrounding the Toronto 18 saga.

The terror cell was "infiltrated" by Mubin Shaikh who was an undercover counter terrorism operative for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). He could have eventually been considered as the "ring leader" of the group even though Fahim Ahmad was officially given this title by the courts and media. The trial was quite the circus and many of the accused were let free due to insufficient evidence and corrupt actions performed by the infiltrators among other things.

And just to put this into proper context, this happened shortly after 911 where the home grown sleeper cell phenomena was all the rage. I am not saying that sleeper cells don't exist, but it was in our face each and every day..."watch out for those sleeper cells!".

Now back to the newest plot that was announced yesterday...

I believe (my opinion) that once the facts are released we will hear about infiltration and guidance by outside forces such as the CSIS, FBI, and RCMP (feel free to add any other alphabet agency here). As previously said, we don't know enough about this yet to jump to any conclusions. It's just that whenever the RCMP, CSIS, or FBI are involved there usually is an element of entrapment or coercion. These organizations are notorious for using "patsies" to make them appear "successful" to the civilian population. It is supposed to make us feel "safe" when they "thwart" these plots and exposing these plots, whether they are fabricated or real, does help forward an agenda.

Which agenda do you ask?

The anti-liberty agenda where they take away our freedoms and implement law after law that strip us of these liberties. My American brethren from down South have been going through this at a much more rapid pace since 911 but make no mistake, Canadians are also a victim of this agenda.

Don't get me wrong, if there is a legitimate terror plot against any group of people, I want it stopped but I will not stand by and blindly believe anything the authorities and media tell me which is why I am skeptical about this new plot especially since they are trying to link it to Al-Qaeda in Iran.

I know that they have gone out of their way to point out that this is probably not state sponsored, but who knows what they will "uncover" during their investigations?

Now, I will pretend that I actually believe that this is somehow linked to Iran...

There are elements within Iran who have links to the CIA and Mossad and they are actively trying to overthrow the current Iranian regime. In fact, this organization has been requested to be removed off the list of terrorist groups by US officials. If you don't know who I am talking about it's the MKO who are also known as The People's Mujahedin of Iran, MEK, and PMOI.

Clinton to remove Iranian exile group from terror list

Arrested Spy in Lebanon Confesses MKO's Collaboration with Mossad

Israel used "false flag" operation to recruit anti-Iran militants, report alleges

I have never heard of the MKO having ties with Al-Qaeda, but it has been established that the CIA and Mossad do in fact have ties with Al-Qaeda just like the MKO, heck many people including myself believe Al-Qaeda to be a creation, or at the very least a puppet of the CIA.

That being said, would it be too far fetched to consider that the MKO also have ties to Al-Qaeda?

What I'm getting at is that if this was in fact based in Iran, it was most likely orchestrated by groups associated with the MKO, CIA, and Mossad.

The other possibilities are that this was in fact a legitimate terror plot, or it was another set up using unsuspecting patsies.

Once again...this is all speculation on my behalf and do not claim any of my ideas to be factual other than the factual information I have provided. All my opinions are nothing more than my opinions and my speculations should not be considered as fact.

I will be standing by waiting for more news on this new plot, and only time will tell whether or not there is more to this than meets the eye.

My head is spinning, that's for sure
edit on 4/23/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I too thought this was a bogus story I think they are trying condition us to a battle with Iran and get a blood lust on. As you mentioned Al qeada has been linked to the cia so why hell would Iran let these people into their country is beyond me .

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

To make a long story short, I agree with you.

I also believe that this is part of the conditioning leading up to confrontation with Iran and Canada is one of the major players this time around in the "war on terror" which is mostly based on lies. It sickens me to think that my elected officials are part of this agenda, the sad part is that it does not surprise me.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So they're watching these 2 guys since last September. They want to derail a train in Toronto, with no particular plan yet, apparently. We're talking about derailing a train here, it's not rocket science... Seven months later, they still haven't figured it out???

As for ties between Al-Quaeda and Iran. First I don't believe in the existence of Al-Quaeda, too much proof in the way of their non-existence, I don't think I need to post hundreds of links here, do I? Second, even if Al-Quaeda did exist, they're Arabs while Iranians are Persians and the two don't have the same agenda and don't get along all that much, so any ties would be surprising at best.

And I return to the original point, after seven months, they still haven't figured out how to derail a train? I continue to sleep peacefully.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I disagree but at the same time I have to say I really do respect the way the OP has written this thread.

I believe that Al-Qa’ida exists (or existed) as a separate entity to the CIA and that the CIA does not and never has exerted any operational control over Al-Qa’ida likewise I don’t think that Mossad or any other intelligence agency with the possible exception of Saudi intelligence has any meaningful links with Al-Qa’ida.

The whole “Al-Qa’ida in Iran” thing I find very strange, while there is a Al-Qa’ida presence in Iran most of them are under house arrest and have few freedoms I would not say that there exists a Al-Qa’ida franchise in Iran. Rather what I think is more likely is that member of Al-Qa’ida who reside in Iran, such as Bin laden’s son, sponsored the attack in some way.

Furthermore I think that this was a genuine threat form a group of terrorists with no backing from any western intelligence agency.

In saying all of that however I can see what the OP is getting at and have a lot of respect for the way the OP has been written in recognising that most of this is speculation as such I cant really complain about what the OP has written too much.
edit on 23-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well in light on the Boston attacks, and them watching 2 these guys in Canada for like 6 months, they decided to act now before the went ahead with their plan.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I disagree. Harper doesn't give a flag for Canadian's thoughts. He wouldn't need to sell it because he doesn't give a damn.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I disagree. Harper doesn't give a flag for Canadian's thoughts. He wouldn't need to sell it because he doesn't give a damn.

I agree that Harper does not care what Canadians think, but after his previous failures he has no choice but to consider what we think or else feel the wrath of angry Canadians. Even most of those who voted for him are fed up with all that he has done, or lack of doing anything depending how you look at it.

It would be foolish to think that he wouldn't need to "sell it" due to his not giving a damn.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
IMO , Canada is not the key member of NATO , but the govt needs to convince it's people for upcoming invasions.

Tensions like this are of course going to affect the next presidential election in Iran.

They want to make another attempt to get people come on the streets.

Regarding page 23 of the article Which Path to Persia?

Persuasion also requires building a broad international commitment to a set of powerful sanctions on Iran to punish it for noncompliance at a time when many countries do not see the threat from Iran as a priority, and some have reason to oppose such treatment. Moreover, in the final analysis, this option (and the Engagement option as well) rests on the willingness and ability of the leaders of Iran to sort out their politics in such a way that they agree to comply with the international community.

[ I believe that they have replaced the original file because the version I have in my computer is about 1 mega byte and it is 156 page of article]

They want to change the mind of Iranian leaders (of course not the supreme leader) and these special leaders of Iran are the same people who were helping velvet revolution in 2009. There are powerful people inside Iran who want to surrender Iran to the Zionists as it was in the time of former Shah.

So , they are using international force such as sanctions to give power to those infiltrating leaders. Another example of pressure is blaming Iran for terrorist attacks , like they did in assassination of SA ambassador in US. Iran loses international credit and those leaders will get more courage and support to speak.

Another key point is that when they use the term "international community" , they mean international Zionism. They don't mean Islamic nations , south American or south African countries.

IMO , Saban and his other Zionist friend are planning for another velvet revolution after shake and these tensions will help them get to their goals.

saban thread

And regarding the international situation and recent events , the Canadian govt is going to make straw war against terrorism and put more pressure on it's people , like what US govt did after patriot act.

As I have observed US govt for years , the movements of the govt have taught me that US govt is going to do some particular actions after these kinds of events

1- Passing new bills and bribing more restriction on American people. Like patriot act ,TSA and gun control. So American people should be kept in fear of terrorists like popcorn in the pressure pot.

2- Blaming a country for these actions and start new invasions , like they did in Afghanistan. They will open the lid of the pot and those popcorn will pop out.

American pressure pot
edit on 23-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I disagree but at the same time I have to say I really do respect the way the OP has written this thread.

I believe that Al-Qa’ida exists (or existed) as a separate entity to the CIA and that the CIA does not and never has exerted any operational control over Al-Qa’ida likewise I don’t think that Mossad or any other intelligence agency with the possible exception of Saudi intelligence has any meaningful links with Al-Qa’ida.

The whole “Al-Qa’ida in Iran” thing I find very strange, while there is a Al-Qa’ida presence in Iran most of them are under house arrest and have few freedoms I would not say that there exists a Al-Qa’ida franchise in Iran. Rather what I think is more likely is that member of Al-Qa’ida who reside in Iran, such as Bin laden’s son, sponsored the attack in some way.

Furthermore I think that this was a genuine threat form a group of terrorists with no backing from any western intelligence agency.

In saying all of that however I can see what the OP is getting at and have a lot of respect for the way the OP has been written in recognising that most of this is speculation as such I cant really complain about what the OP has written too much.

I am surprised to hear that you are unaware of US support for Al-Qaeda from the CIA.

Bin Laden himself received direct support from the CIA during the Afghan/Russia war.

Born in Saudi Arabia to a Yemeni family, Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia in 1979 to fight against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

The Afghan jihad was backed with American dollars and had the blessing of the governments of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

He received security training from the CIA itself, according to Middle Eastern analyst Hazhir Teimourian.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Here is Hillary Clinton speaking about it, the title of the video is self explanatory.

And let's not forget the Al-Qaeda "rebels" that the CIA has supported in Lybia and Syria.

Not to sound rude but I am feeling lazy right now, if you don't believe me I will let you research it.

And for you to be doubtful of Mossad having any association with them, I don't blame you because it seems hard to believe at first, and all the evidence is speculative so I won't try and change your mind on something that is difficult to prove. I also don't want to derail the discussion with possible invovlement of Mossad and 911 but I am sure you catch my drift.

So in conclusion to my response to the first portion of your post, Al-Qaeda and the CIA are certainly associated whether it's past or present.

I agree with you that Al-Qaeda in Iran does seem a bit odd but I have a feeling that our views on the matter may differ according to your opinion on Al-Qaeda in general.

As for this being a genuine terror plot, I cannot count out that possibility as it most certainly could be true, know one knows anything for sure as of yet, and we may never know for sure.

I appreciate and thank you for acknowledging my approach to this thread even though we disagree on most aspects of the discussion.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Thank you for bringing up the Zionist influence in Canada, especially since Harper has been in power and in my opinion is one of the major reasons why we have become more active in the Middle East.

I know that Canada is not a key NATO member but lately I fear that we are their puppets.

Ever since our campaigns in Afghanistan and Libya I am fearful of what our leaders will send our military to do, Canada used to be considered a peacekeeping nation but that label has vanished. Our role in Afghanistan started as a peaceful mission but became a combat mission once Harper was put in power. I rather not get into the atrocities Canada participated in the Libya "no fly zone" aka "blow the # out of civilian infrastructure" campaign.

I am ashamed...

Another thing that I hate to admit, due to the Zionist influence you previously mentioned, Canada has been demonizing Iran and any other Middle Eastern countries that our bully elitist overlords tell us to.

It is a sad state of affairs all around the world, even the nations that were once considered neutral or peaceful have become corrupt war mongers.

Must be globalization

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Please don’t patronise my by assuming that I need to be educated on the history of Al-Qa’ida, really I don’t.

I am not going to derail your thread arguing about it and frankly I don’t want to have to get into it because now hate discussing it on ATS

I have my views and you have yours just please don’t assume that because mine are different I must be ignorant.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Please don’t patronise my by assuming that I need to be educated on the history of Al-Qa’ida, really I don’t.

I am not going to derail your thread arguing about it and frankly I don’t want to have to get into it because now hate discussing it on ATS

I have my views and you have yours just please don’t assume that because mine are different I must be ignorant.

You clearly misunderstood my post as I was not patronizing you, in fact I was applauding your post due to the civility. But for you to claim you know the history of Al-Qaeda, it is clear you do not due to your disbeliefe that the CIA never had any association with Al-Qaeda...if you want to consider that as patronizing that's fine by me.

You will not derail my thread by responding to what I presented in response to your original post.

It appears that I have given you information that you are not willing to accept or acknowledge.

Just my opinion of course

ETA:

No where did I call you ignorant due to our views being different, but your assumption that I was patronizing you and implying that you were ignorant did in fact show case a level of ignorance.

I must add, I still appreciate your kind words in your original post but due to your mis interpretation of my original response our upcoming interactions may not be as "nice". But please be aware that I meant no disrespect and am still quite alarmed that you figured I was patronizing you by simply providing evidence that goes against your perceived realm of normality.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When I first heard Iran an eyebrow went up but then i remembered someone I had read about that told me we will not be fighting with IRan anytime soon and this is why we do not meet with Israel. used to think we would go to war with Iran but we won't, at least not during this administration. Want to know why?

Ms Jarrett.
Did you know that Obama's top advisor was born in Iran?
Did you know she has ties to numerous anti-american organizations at home and abroad.
Did you know she gave a them not yet married Michele Obama one of her first jobs?
Propped up one Mr Obama in certain circles.

Look into her family. This is not people getting rich from oil but trying to destroy America from the inside out.Groups that funnel money to create a socialist nation. It is the job of the MSM and others to keep you ignorant. There is NO transperency and the lemmings let it go They control the books and the media that you read. Bill Ayers sat on a board for one of her companies...follow the yellow brick road and you may not like where it leads. It does not stop here...the list goes on and on...
edit on 23-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Also, the CIA did not create AQ but AQ has burned them many many times.
edit on 23-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

But for you to claim you know the history of Al-Qaeda, it is clear you do not due to your disbeliefe that the CIA never had any association with Al-Qaeda...if you want to consider that as patronizing that's fine by me.

That is the bit I am talking about I have researched Terrorism for years both academically (I took optional modules) and as a hobby (sad I know) my research says that the CIA had no hand in the creation of Al-Qa’ida.

Again please don’t assume that because my view is different from yours that I am therefore ignorant.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is the bit I am talking about I have researched Terrorism for years both academically (I took optional modules) and as a hobby (sad I know) my research says that the CIA had no hand in the creation of Al-Qa’ida.

I may agree on that . But If I may ask ,what is the connection of Wahhabism and Alqaeda ? Have you searched about that ? What is their origin ?How is that they are being helped in Syria ? And how is Obama helping them in Syria ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It is a sad state of affairs all around the world, even the nations that were once considered neutral or peaceful have become corrupt war mongers.

I do believe that nations are potentially good , but govt manipulates them.

And about calling Ca govt Zionist , you know there are proofs , but the main question here is that "what makes Canadian govt accuse a country for false reasons , and make new enemies for itself ? Don't they see that Iranian people see this ?"

While I believe that nations need some place to sit and talk in somewhere like UN , nations must choose the path they want to follow.

I mean , having committees discussing on global issues such as global warming are examples of good achievements for human beings , but imposing ideas and wars are the bad aspect about this globalization.

We are all living in this globe and we have to find true ways to solve our problems (may call it globalization) , but oppressing andoccupying and bullying is the most harmful thing to our peace.

I hope we can see peace between nations at least 60 years later.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

But for you to claim you know the history of Al-Qaeda, it is clear you do not due to your disbeliefe that the CIA never had any association with Al-Qaeda...if you want to consider that as patronizing that's fine by me.

Again please don’t assume that because my view is different from yours that I am therefore ignorant.

I am pleased that you have done research on the subject, but yet you choose ignore the information that I have presented such as the US support of Bin Laden during the Afghan/Russia war, the Hillary Clinton video I provided, and the USA support of Al-Qaeda in Libya and Syria.

Do you have any opinion on this information?

I would prefer your opinion on this information rather than your credentials. Your credentials would impress me much more if it they were presented with some form of opinion or factual observation on the matter at hand.

Once again, I have no ill intentions, and am not patronizing you, but it does feel like you are sidestepping the questions that I am asking (once again my opinion).

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The problem I have is that to debunk the “Al-CIAdu myth” would involve a massive thread that would probably get flamed and be ridiculed so I have never bothered posting one (although I did once start one). That is why I usually just state my opinion and move on I don’t like to get bogged down in debating the issue.

Take what you said about the CIA funding Bin Laden , I would encourage you to read ghost wars by steve coll that pretty much debunks that myth.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The problem I have is that to debunk the “Al-CIAdu myth” would involve a massive thread that would probably get flamed and be ridiculed so I have never bothered writing one (although I did once start one). That is why I usually just state my opinion and move on I don’t like to get bogged down in debating the issue.

Take what you said about the CIA funding Bin Laden , I would encourage you to read ghost wars by steve coll that pretty much debunks that myth.

Once again our opinion differs. I do not consider the Al-Ciada connection to be a myth, in fact I believe it to be fact which overrides any form of opinion. I respect your wishes not to discuss it, but my points originated from your post where you said that you believe that Al-Qaeda have never had any association. Since you stated it as opinion I will respect your wishes and not press it any longer even though to be honest I really would like to get to the bottom of it.

I do thank you for sharing your opinion in a civil manner (minus the part where I was accused of patronizing) , and hope you believe me when I say I meant no harm or ill intentions, I just wanted to discuss our disagreements.

Would you be able to direct me to a portion of the book you mentioned which debunks the connection between Al-Qaeda and the CIA? I always keep an open mind and love to come across new information, no matter the source.

In the meantime I am going to try and find a copy of this book for my own personal reading.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join