It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic rebel group is criticising new pope; ATS Catholics, what do you think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

colbe,
sorry, but in my opinion you are once more derailing the (my) thread with irrelevant material. It seems to be a sort of pattern of late - you trying to derail, or to post threads refuting my premises. If I am mistaken, please, correct me.

Can you please address the OP?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by colbe

colbe,
sorry, but in my opinion you are once more derailing the (my) thread with irrelevant material. It seems to be a sort of pattern of late - you trying to derail, or to post threads refuting my premises. If I am mistaken, please, correct me.

Can you please address the OP?

Everyone is discussing the Holy Father. I shared a message from Heaven about Pope Francis. How is that
out of line for the thread subject?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I shared a message from Heaven about Pope Francis. How is that out of line for the thread subject?

It's out of line insofar as you are only repeating what someone else has "heard" from "beyond"!!.....
you don't, and CAN'T, know that "it's a message from heaven."

You are simply CHOOSING to believe that it is.
edit on 26-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I shared a message from Heaven about Pope Francis. How is that out of line for the thread subject?

It's out of line insofar as you are only repeating what someone else has "heard" from "beyond"!!.....
you don't, and CAN'T, know that "it's a message from heaven."

You are simply CHOOSING to believe that it is.

This is a discussion forum, I choose not to "criticize" the "new Pope" but show he truly is holy and Heaven
above everyone else would know. It is on topic, the "rebel group" is wrong. I was converted by the messages
from Heaven so I know God's messages are true.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

This is a discussion forum, I choose not to "criticize" the "new Pope" but show he truly is holy and Heaven
above everyone else would know. It is on topic, the "rebel group" is wrong. I was converted by the messages

I have not "criticized" the "new Pope" in any negative way.
Your decision, or conclusion, that "the rebel group is wrong" is based on the 'messages' you think you are 'receiving', which reflect only YOUR BELIEF --

believing those 'messages' is entirely and completely and TOTALLY sheepish.

How many times do I have to tell you I think the new Pope is doing great?

How many times until you tell me why you are 'fighting' me??

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I have not "criticized" the "new Pope" in any negative way.
Your decision, or conclusion, that "the rebel group is wrong" is based on the 'messages' you think you are 'receiving', which reflect only YOUR BELIEF --

believing it is entirely and completely and TOTALLY sheepish.

How many times do I have to tell you I think the new Pope is doing great?

How many times until you tell me why you are 'fighting' me??

I am not in a personal discussion with you. I am replying to the question in the thread title? This is a discussion
forum. The message from Heaven shows Pope Francis is holy, hand picked by Our Lord.

Your history of threads at ATS show you to be anti-Christian, anti-Catholic. Maybe, you're coming around?

Your thread question will invoke a lot anti-Catholic responses. I am disagreeing and giving proof.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Your history of threads at ATS show you to be anti-Christian, anti-Catholic.

No, they don't. They show me to be anti-extremist and anti-hate.

Maybe, you're coming around?

I have NEVER, EVER said that what Jesus taught was wrong. I am not 'anti-Christian' or 'anti-Catholic'. But, apparently, that is how lots of members have 'misinterpreted' my posts and threads.

Your thread question will invoke a lot anti-Catholic responses. I am disagreeing and giving proof.

You can disagree with the ARTICLE all you want. You CAN NOT tell me what I think or believe, or what I SHOULD think or believe! (Well, you can do those things, but they are invalid.)
Trying to portray me as 'invoking' anti-Catholic responses with a question asking what Catholic people think about it is disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Your history of threads at ATS show you to be anti-Christian, anti-Catholic.

No, they don't. They show me to be anti-extremist and anti-hate.

Maybe, you're coming around?
I have NEVER, EVER said that what Jesus taught was wrong. I am not 'anti-Christian' or 'anti-Catholic'. But, apparently, that is how lots of members have 'misinterpreted' my posts and threads.

You can disagree with the ARTICLE all you want. You CAN NOT tell me what I think or believe, or what I SHOULD think or believe! (Well, you can do those things, but they are invalid.)
Trying to portray me as 'invoking' anti-Catholic responses with a question asking what Catholic people think about it is disingenuous.

Not true, here is one of your latest thread:

"6 Sneaky Ways the Christian Right Foists Its Biblical Agenda on America"

The OP in that thread is full of anti-Chrisitan, anti-Catholic commentary. The title itself tells you.

I never told you what to believe. I shared a positive post about Pope Francis here. Remember the question in
your thread title?

You're throwing out there, a negative belief about Pope Francis to discuss. Instead, post a pro-Catholic thread. The spiritual battle is intense. Come follow Christ.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I never told you what to believe.
Come follow Christ.

See what you did there?
colbe, I'm not going to risk my membership for your sake. I'm done discussing this with you. Thanks for your time.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Funny, because I know they're NOT true.

Just because you believe it doesn't make it the end all be all you know. You may want to come out of your little bubble and stop ignoring reality. The fact is the Catholic Church has committed lots of atrocities, some that probably aren't even in the history books.

You can't tell me that the churches actions back then don't reflect the church today either, because you believe in original sin. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Pope Benedict tried to bring the SSPX home and the new Holy Father most likely will attempt to reconcile them too. In the meantime, read this short but wonderful bio about Pope Francis. Close to the beginning of the article, notice the words about a person who is called by God.

p.s. I love you wildtimes, say a prayer for me, ditto, I'll do the same for you.

+ + +

cal-catholic.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned amongst the numerous deleted posts, but the sspx is NOT a Catholic order. They don't have Catholic priests and they don't have Catholic Sacraments.

They're critiquing the Pope is the equivalent of a Pastor from the CoE, a Mormon Bishop or a Budhist doing so. This isn't in internal squabble.

As an aside in reference to a post, Hitler was not a Jesuit and the Jesuit oath quoted is a canard on the level of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Eric

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I don't know if this was mentioned amongst the numerous deleted posts, but the sspx is NOT a Catholic order.

No, it wasn't mentioned. The deleted posts were colbe and I misbehaving and being off-topic.

The SSPX might disagree with you.
They are "traditionalist Catholics".

Traditionalist Catholics are Roman Catholics who believe that there should be a restoration of many or all of the liturgical forms, public and private devotions and presentations of Catholic teachings which prevailed in the Catholic Church before the Second Vatican Council (1962–65).[1]
en.wikipedia.org...

The SSPX identifies as Roman Catholics, but they are not currently in good standing with the Holy See.

Some traditionalists practise their faith outside the official structures of the Church, though they affirm their loyalty to the Church and to the papacy. The largest priestly society to fit this description is the Society of St Pius X (SSPX), which was established in 1970 by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, a founding figure of Catholic traditionalism.

Members of this category view the post-Conciliar changes as being doctrinally and pastorally unacceptable.

The fact that they recognise the official Church hierarchy while rejecting its decisions draws accusations of disloyalty and disobedience from the preceding groups — whom this group in turn accuse of blind, un-Catholic obedience. Discussions between the SSPX and the Holy See have been in progress for some years...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Thanks for that link, colbe. Nice post. As I've said - I think he's a good man.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Thanks for that link, colbe. Nice post. As I've said - I think he's a good man.

You are a welcome wildtimes. I think of you as a friend.

may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe,

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join