It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing First Photos Of The Boston Bombing Suspects' Shootout With Police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodEye

Originally posted by WoodEye
reply to post by lunarasparagus

What's with the hat? Does that look legit to you?

Yes it looks very legit.. Also the whole getup looks good if you don't want to be confused as looking like the guy in the FBI video released earlier in the day.

Look at the guy outside the door. I think you will see the hat you are looking for, I guess his brother is wearing it at that time? It is a hogan style hat, (think Chevy Chase in Cady Shack hat-another golf hat interestingly enough) It is NOT the white ball cap he wore at the marathon.

This is what the hat looks like

News media was claiming it was the same white hat he wore at the marathon. I made a clarification HERE.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
OK so I'm wondering...

Why did he turn the SUV around and drive through the police (and allegedly over the top of his brother) when the other end of the street was open?
edit on 25-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

I've heard a few different reasons. The one I hear the most is that they supposedly had a suicide pact.

Rather than let his brother be captured, he tried to run over him to kill him before he could be taken into custody.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
New Kitzenberg interview:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak

I've heard a few different reasons. The one I hear the most is that they supposedly had a suicide pact.

Rather than let his brother be captured, he tried to run over him to kill him before he could be taken into custody.

I can understand one giving his life so the other could escape (but then why not go the easy way out the other end of the street?),
or an actual suicide pact (go down together guns blazing)

But the situation is not really a suicide pact. Furthermore it seems like it's a waste of the advantage gained by his brother running out at the police, to then try to drive through the blockade rather than leave the safe way.

There could be a situation where the survivor felt that killing his brother might protect him from being given up, if perhaps there was some mistrust between them, but that still doesnt seem worth running the risk of driving straight through the police. He wouldve been aware that it was a tight fit, even if he thought there was enough room to get through it makes it a risky move.. especially since driving directly into fire.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
OK so I'm wondering...

Why did he turn the SUV around and drive through the police (and allegedly over the top of his brother) when the other end of the street was open?
edit on 25-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

That's a good question.

There may have been police cars at that end but we can't tell from the pics. These pics do only show a couple minutes of the shootout, which could have been all there was.
edit on 25-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I believe he turned around to go pick up his brother, who was laying down cover fire for him to get into the SUV. By the time he turned around, older brother was on the ground, and younger brother was committed to going that direction, attempting to take a few cops in the process, and also running over the body of his brother (wounded or not, this isn't clear.)

As for the suicide pact theory, I think this holds some water. He may have been attempting to kill his brother in an effort for him not to be taken alive. Additionally, the younger brother had a bullet wound through his jaw, tongue and neck when he was ultimately taken into custody. This is consistent with a poorly aimed self inflicted gun shot (or a natural withdrawal while attempting to pull the trigger, causing the bullet to travel a non fatal path.)

Anyway, all of this is speculation. If you refuse to latch onto any one story you hear as the gospel, and do some critical thinking in order to synthesize the most likely story from all the different accounts, everything adds up.

It is pretty much common sense not to base your theories on any one source of evidence. You need to critically think, evaluate multiple sources, find what fits, look for reasons certain things don't fit (starting with the simplest reason, not the most outlandish "our government bombed us" reason) and then form your own opinion.

By the way, my comments about critical thinking were not about you drock. I just added that in at the end of my reply to you, which was in the first paragraph.
edit on 25-4-2013 by WTEngel because: additional info

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think Mr. Kitzenberg's photos are BS.

You can clearly and positively identify the two brothers in his photos? O Rly? From that distance? In pitch black night? What are you - psychic?

Give me a sodding break.

And isn't Kitzenberg a Jewish name?

Yep, Jews just love Moslems so much...

Wake up, you dozy Yanks. You've living in the Occupied Territories of the USA, just like your northern neighbours.

Namaste, and much love and light to you ('cos y'all need it).

David.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

yes, but its on them to not inflict collateral damage on innocent civilians. use of an uncontrolled SUV battering ram doesn't sound to well thought out. not to mention handing over an operational police vehicle, radio, and misc equipment to the suspects.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Perhaps that is why they moved out? Eventually there are 4? responding units on that end of the street, as seen in the pictures. Perhaps when the first showed up or rather they HEARD him coming they decided they had to move out? Just guessing. At this point its so hard to try to piece it together because SO MUCH MISINFO has been fed to us from the VERY BEGINNING. Number of bombs initially at the event, tossing bombs from car(s), number of cars, stolen police vehicles, at one point they had automatic rifles, now we hear only a single 9mm. Whole damn thing stinks.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The reason there are so many conflicting stories throughout this whole ordeal are because of the following:

1) It's a proven fact that when a crime occurs and there are multiple witnesses, that their stories always differ slightly when asked to explain what they witnessed. I saw a tv show a few years ago where they actually staged a robbery in the middle of a park filled with dozens of people. After the crime occured they had detectives question all of the eyewitnesses and they all told different accounts of what happened and what the criminal looked like.

2) When it comes to the main stream media, these guys are always looking to break the story before their competition. They literally report anything that will draw in the viewers. Sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn't. It's irresponsible journalism that unfortunately will never change.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join