It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing First Photos Of The Boston Bombing Suspects' Shootout With Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Thats my question...how did the Green car and the police Suv(if it's the stolen one) get there...as both brothers were in the carjacked benz according to the "official charges"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Wasn't that where the Cop got killed? In the first shoot out? In which case he's probably still in the Police SUV dying while these photos are being taken.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
From the charges about the carjacking.. posted here ATS

The man with the gun took the victim's keys and sat in the driver's seat, while the victim moved to the front passenger seat. The second man entered the victim's vehicle and sat in the rear passenger

The two men and the victim then drove to a gas station/convenience store in the vicinity of 816 Memorial Drive, Cambridge the car, at which point the victim managed to escape.

22. A short time later, the stolen vehicle was located by law enforcement in Watertown, Massachusetts. As the men drove down Dexter Street in Watertown, they threw at .least two small improvised explosive devices out of the car. A gun fight ensued between the car's occupants and law enforcement officers in which numerous shots were fired.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redshoes

Wasn't that where the Cop got killed? In the first shoot out? In which case he's probably still in the Police SUV dying while these photos are being taken.

The only cop that was killed was at MIT. Apparently while he was sitting in his vehicle. I've read conflicting reports the suspects stole the officers vehicle but I'm not 100% on that

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

Thats my question...how did the Green car and the police Suv(if it's the stolen one) get there...as both brothers were in the carjacked benz according to the "official charges"

Yep, it doesn't add up with the offical events until more info comes out.
edit on 23-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pics here, OP!
I noticed that they've been deleted from the blog.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
Thanks for posting the pics here, OP!
I noticed that they've been deleted from the blog.

I didn't know they had been deleted, I wonder why that's pretty strange. I wonder if they are still on his twitter?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

He said he was taking them down because it's an ongoing investigation. Sounds strange to me. I don't think I would have done that myself. Wonder if he was asked to?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Seems pointless to take them down they are still on his twitter and posted all over the Internet.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

He said that he took them down because of the investigation, but I've seen him do at least two or three official interviews with CNN and FOX where he gave them the pictures.

I believe he's getting paid, but I don't have a problem with it because he seems to be donating the money to support the victims.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper just reported that the crashed SUV was put into gear by an officer with no one inside, the hope was the empty rolling SUV would shield the officers and/or hit the suspects...

I would bet a cop jumped out of it and forgot to put it into park during the commotion.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wait, so they admit they were TRYING to run over the suspects?

And it just so happens, one of them gets run over.

And then it's reported later by an eyewitness that it was a Police SUV that did it?

I mean, I'm far from a CT, but it's stuff like this that makes me think.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

it was reported that the top became loose on impact which worked out to not injure the police according to some interviews...so the device broke on impact allowing what appears to be a burn mark...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Running someone down who may have a suicide vest, and pinning him or her under the car is not a bad plan.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well that answers that about the police vehicle....now just to figure out the green car

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Nothing... it makes perfect sense.

theres 2 suspects,
Theres 3 cars
1 suspect is dead.
the other manages to escape the most incompetent roadblock EVER.
and... 2 hours later the cops are still looking for a suspect in the very same street...

Makes perfect sense... why? You dont think so?

edit on 23-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

As quoted above, the kid escape what has to be the most incompetent roadblock EVER.

They knew the routes he could take, so why not use the "SPIKES ON A CHAIN BELT THINGY THAT PUNCTURE TYRES WITHOUT BLOWING THEM OUT"..sorry, i cant remember what it's called.

They could have stopped him in his tracks there and then...not giving him a chance to escape and hide for 20 hours..!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Saw this in another thread. Apparently this is how it happened:

--

A local officer spotted the brothers driving in two cars, a Honda sedan and the stolen Mercedes SUV, said Deveau. The brothers stopped, jumped out and started firing on the officer, while more police rushed to the scene, he said.

“Quickly we had six Watertown police officers and two bad guys in a gunfight,” said Deveau. At least 200 shots were fired; maybe as many as 300, he said.

The shots, around 12:50 a.m., woke resident Jennings Aske, at 66 Laurel Ave. When he looked out his window he saw a green Honda Civic sedan stopped in the street, with its lights on and the driver’s side windows blown out. A husky man – apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- stood nearby firing a gun.

“I saw him standing there shooting at police,” Aske said. “When he fired, there was a little flash of light. I could hear the gun firing. It was terrifying.”

A police SUV came down Laurel Street, hearing west toward Dexter Ave., crashing into some trash cans on the sidewalk and into a parked car. Aske said he then saw a black Mercedes SUV drive up, also heading west toward Dexter Avenue. Then he heard two or three loud explosions, one of them large enough to shake the house. In an instant, the street “was crawling with police,” he said.

Deveau said the Tsarnaev brothers hurled something at the officers – apparently a pressure cooker bomb -- and there was a tremendous explosion. Police later found the lid to a pressure cooker. “We believe it was an exact duplicate of the Boston Marathon bombs,” he said. The suspects also threw five “crude grenades” at officers; three of which exploded, he said.

One of his officers put his cruiser into gear and jumped out of it, letting it roll at the suspects to draw fire, he said. The suspects peppered the car with bullets.

After several minutes, the elder brother, Tamerlan, walked toward the officers, firing his gun until he appeared to run out of bullets, Deveau said. Officers tackled him and were trying to get handcuffs on him, when the stolen SUV came roaring at them, the younger brother at the wheel. The officers scattered and the SUV plowed over Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was dragged briefly under the car, he said.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak

Wait, so they admit they were TRYING to run over the suspects?

And it just so happens, one of them gets run over.

And then it's reported later by an eyewitness that it was a Police SUV that did it?

I mean, I'm far from a CT, but it's stuff like this that makes me think.

If you are justified to use lethal force it doesn't matter if you do it with a gun, car, brick, wet noodle. Cops don't have to shoot people.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by imheartbreak

But read what I posted above..or go read the offical charges...

Both brothers were in the stolen benz.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus

What's with the hat? Does that look legit to you?

Yes it looks very legit.. Also the whole getup looks good if you don't want to be confused as looking like the guy in the FBI video released earlier in the day.

Look at the guy outside the door. I think you will see the hat you are looking for, I guess his brother is wearing it at that time? It is a hogan style hat, (think Chevy Chase in Cady Shack hat-another golf hat interestingly enough) It is NOT the white ball cap he wore at the marathon.

This is what the hat looks like

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join