It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing First Photos Of The Boston Bombing Suspects' Shootout With Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

No I agree those two are the same vehicles. But the eyewitness says that a BLACK SUV charged the police barricade and then ran over the brother. Even in his blog post he says:

This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

However, that is not a SUV in that pic he posted.

Someone mind clearing this up for me?

edit on 23-4-2013 by imheartbreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes, thanks for the correction.

The SUV driven by Dzhokhar, is that the "Mercedes" hijacked from the private individual whom they then let go? If so then "Linda" might have mistaken it for a police vehicle.

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

edit on 23-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak

No I agree those two are the same vehicles. But the eyewitness says that a BLACK SUV charged the police barricade and then ran over the brother. Even in his blog post he says:

This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

However, that is not a SUV in that pic he posted.

Someone mind clearing this up for me?

edit on 23-4-2013 by imheartbreak because: (no reason given)

it's Mercedes-Benz definition of an SUV

I think the overhead angle just makes it appear smaller, but the tail lights and lower fascia seem to match up.
edit on 23-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It is definately the black SUV in that picture I can tell by the rear lights.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ahh okay that must be what it is then. The perspective is misleading. Because for a minute it looked like it was the car that was charging the barricade, not the SUV lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Sorry not possible.
Someone who was actually at the scene of the events and took photos can't be real.
Armchair quaterbacks from all of the world know the reality, not the people that were actually there.

Ah,you've summed up 90% of those on ATS perfectly. Nice one

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

As the one brother was running toward the officers the second got back into the SUV, turned it around in the street and proceeded to accelerate at the vehicle barricade. This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

This is a zoom-in from the last image and the red circle highlights where one of the brothers was taken down and still laying in the street. The black SUV proceeded to accelerate towards the officers and drove in between the two cars at the top of the picture. The SUV side swiped both cars taking out doors and windows and ultimately broke through the vehicle barricade and continued driving west on Laurel St. This was the last I saw of the black SUV.

Here heavily armed agents are still in search of the suspect on Laurel St. (Taken 2:14:54AM)

I'm sorry... what?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

What about the witness account do you not agree with?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Question...

After the MIT shooting the brothers took a police vehicle...then dumped it when they car jacked the benz....then police chase till shoot out....so brothers were in seperate vehicles is that correct?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
Question...

After the MIT shooting the brothers took a police vehicle...then dumped it when they car jacked the benz....then police chase till shoot out....so brothers were in seperate vehicles is that correct?

This is what I'm confused about too, at the shootout on Laurel St the Mercedes SUV, the green Honda Civic AND the stolen police SUV are all there. In the pics you can seen the police SUV crashed into the witness with the cameras roommates car that's in the driveway.

So it would seem there are 3 cars they were driving at the scene?

Did they double back to Laurel after dumping the SUV?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Andrew Kitzenberg is a resident of Watertown and lives on Laurel St where the initial shootout with police took place. He has uploaded some amazing photos he took that night from his bedroom window.

These photos and his account of the events may answer some questions ATS members have had, going off Kitzenberg's account the shootout makes much more sense, to me at least.

Here are the two brothers taking cover behind the black Mercedes SUV and shooting towards Watertown Police officers. (Taken at 12:46:11AM)

The shooters were also driving the green sedan on the left. They had the back passenger door open and were going back into the car where they had additional supplies (assumingly, more ammunition and explosives). They also had backpacks at their feet where they also had additional supplies.

This is a view from the west-facing window in my bedroom and at the end of the block (Laurel St.) you can see multiple police vehicles. These vehicles were about 75-80 yards from the shooters. (Taken at 12:46:25AM)

Here it’s clear to see the brothers taking aim and firing on the officers. (Taken at 12:47:57AM)

This is a zoomed in view from the last image. The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10 -15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots.

As the one brother was running toward the officers the second got back into the SUV, turned it around in the street and proceeded to accelerate at the vehicle barricade. This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

This is a zoom-in from the last image and the red circle highlights where one of the brothers was taken down and still laying in the street. The black SUV proceeded to accelerate towards the officers and drove in between the two cars at the top of the picture. The SUV side swiped both cars taking out doors and windows and ultimately broke through the vehicle barricade and continued driving west on Laurel St. This was the last I saw of the black SUV.

This image was taken from the east-facing window. As soon as the black SUV had left the street officers rushed toward the green sedan and the spot of the shooting. As soon as officers got to the vehicle they started alerting all others on scene that there were “IEDs” on the street and for everyone examining the scene to clear the entire street. Also pictured at the bottom of the image is a Watertown Police SUV that had crashed in our driveway at the start of the gunfight and had many of its windows shot out. (Taken 12:57:52AM)

At the bottom of this image is the blast mark from the pressure cooker bomb that exploded in the middle of the street. At the top of the image, the bright light is a bomb detecting robot that was moving toward the blast mark. (Taken at 1:20:10AM)

Here bomb squad personnel inspect the blast mark of the large explosion. (Taken 1:39:22AM)

Here heavily armed agents are still in search of the suspect on Laurel St. (Taken 2:14:54AM)

Here is the bomb detecting robot inspecting the vehicle from the back right passenger seat. (Taken at 2:49:19AM)

link to photo page

i would bet each and everything i have that what we have here is nothing more
than computer generated imagery with no basis in reality.

prove me wrong/right!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Look at the hat in the quick mart pictures.
It's not a baseball hat turned around.
It's a different hat but the same white color.

You know...some of us can afford more than one hat?

Just because he is wearing a different hat does not mean it's not him or that there is a cover-up.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Question...

here are the pics where you can clearly see 3 vehicles that were involved in the chase/shootout

The Civic, The Mercedes and the roof of the Watertown Police SUV

here's a better pic of the crashed police SUV

How were 3 cars there with only two drivers? There might be a simple explanation,

The civic was waiting there for them?

They had doubled back with the civic after ditching the cop car?

Did they have a seperate residence on Laurel St other then the address attributed to them in Cambridge?

Safe house?

Could there have been a 3rd party?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I just went and read the actual complaint charges filed..

Both Brothers were in the carjacked suv when contact with police was made..
BOTH....no stolen police car...no green car

That doesn't make sense at all with what we have seen so far..

Unless they drove to the house where the green car was parked???

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nothing... it makes perfect sense.

theres 2 suspects,
Theres 3 cars
1 suspect is dead.
the other manages to escape the most incompetent roadblock EVER.
and... 2 hours later the cops are still looking for a suspect in the very same street...

Makes perfect sense... why? You dont think so?

edit on 23-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I think everything can pretty much be accounted for IMO, except the 3rd car. That is a major inconsistency with the story we have been hearing. There could be a simple reason but I'd like to know it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

By 3rd car do you mean green car or police suv?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

By 3rd car do you mean green car or police suv?

I mean the police SUV at the bottom of the frame. Unless that was being driven by a cop and he was the one that crashed it, ditched it and retreated?

Over the scanner there were many reports of a stolen police SUV, so I'm not sure

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join