It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing First Photos Of The Boston Bombing Suspects' Shootout With Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
too bad ALL of those pics are completely unclear. they absolutely do not count as ID'ing the brothers. could be anyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

OP this is something that bothers me, in this video is this the end of his street.

if it is, look at the 2:24 to 3:09 mark where they have the guy laying down at gun point. if he was shot as many times as the doctor said. how come there is no blood. i would think there would be a lot of blood on him and some running on the street.
not the first drop you can see. on him or the street.

the only two things i can think of is he is not shot and has not been run over. or it is not him.
well maybe three, they shot his butt up on the way to the hospital.

dead men can't tell any tails.

edit on 23-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here is a birds eye view of Laurel St where the shootout took place. From looking at the pictures this is the best I can make out where everyone was located that night.

blue stars = police cars
red star = suspects shooting spot
yellow star = camera/witness
purple star = based on potholes/telephone pole where the pressure pot bomb detonated

edit on 23-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I'm pretty sure that was someone determined not to be involved, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I actually started a thread three days ago about the subject and even provided the twitter feed from the person who took the photos.

Abovetopsecret

Great find though

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks for that view, everything seems to fit accordingly. But why did the two brothers stop? At first I thought maybe the street was perhaps a dead end, but from this view it's clearly not. Wonder why they stopped in the middle of the street and engaged the officers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak

Thanks for that view, everything seems to fit accordingly. But why did the two brothers stop? At first I thought maybe the street was perhaps a dead end, but from this view it's clearly not. Wonder why they stopped in the middle of the street and engaged the officers.

The photos show 3 vehicles used by the suspects:

the crashed police SUV
the car jacked Mercedes
the Honda Civic

I think they were dumping the police SUV and getting the civic when the cops showed up, forcing them into a gun battle while they were changing cars?

Is there any conformation one or both of the suspects lived on Laurel St?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by imheartbreak

I ws thinking the same thing. Did they just WANT to engage officers in a gun battle? Not too smart.

Very interesting pictures and first hand account. I'm very open minded about conspiracy theories, but I'm not really seeing one here. Someway somehow these guys were involved. Whether or not they acted alone or belonged to a larger group I don't know, but the chances of them being innocent are slim to none.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

I ws thinking the same thing. Did they just WANT to engage officers in a gun battle? Not too smart.

Very interesting pictures and first hand account. I'm very open minded about conspiracy theories, but I'm not really seeing one here. Someway somehow these guys were involved. Whether or not they acted alone or belonged to a larger group I don't know, but the chances of them being innocent are slim to none.

It's possible that suspect #1 one wanted to engage, the witness said he charged the parked police cars at the other end of Laurel St while firing his weapon. Maybe he thought they were cornered and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The littler brother's last known location was 410 Norfolk St. Cambridge, MA according to this picture.

Unsure about the residence of the older brother. But I'm assuming he lived with his wife and young child.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak

The littler brother's last known location was 410 Norfolk St. Cambridge, MA according to this picture.

Unsure about the residence of the older brother. But I'm assuming he lived with his wife and young child.

thanks for that info, I've been researching it and it seems like they both may have lived in Cambridge. If so how were 3 cars involved in the shootout with only two drivers? That is still confusing me.

photo of one of the police cars the suspect crashed into while fleeing the scene at Laurel & Dexter.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

Originally posted by andy1972
I have a question in relation to the photos........

In the 8th foto, where you see cops running towards the green sedan, you can see the street is barley two cars wide...

If this kid charged the cops in the black SUV killing his brother in the process, HOW THE HELL DID HE GET PAST THE ROAD BLOCK....

IMO it looks like there were only two police vehicles during the initial shootout. The vehicles appear to be offset to each other leaving a gap that the Mercedes pushed through. In the pictures you can kind of see how suspect #1 is lying to the side of the closest police car right in the gap. The fleeing car had no where else to go but to run him over to get through the opening. In some of the photos it looks like their trapped in a cul de sac....but on the google map it show not..

drawing to help it make sense

this is only my opinion based on what I am seeing in the pics

Man , thanks for the drawing...but, it still leaves another question open..

In a street so narrow and considering the circumstances that the two where now cop killers, i thought it would have been an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) to completely BLOCK the street off with their squad cars, denying him an exit and forcing a confrontation...yet, if you drawing is anything near the truth, they left a path open for them to escape....
edit on 23-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I totally agree, I guess the officers might not have been able to for whatever reason, from the pics it looks like the police cars might have been in the intersection where two cars weren't enough to completely block the street? so they split the difference.

the upper pic was my original guess based on the photos of the location of the police cars but this pic makes it seem like they were positioned farther back into Dexter

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well according to all police accounts and witnesses, including the one in the OP, it says:

As the one brother was running toward the officers the second got back into the SUV, turned it around in the street and proceeded to accelerate at the vehicle barricade. This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

But that vehicle clearly isn't the "black SUV" that's charging the officers.

Am I missing something here?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus

in the first pic it looks like he's wearing his brothers hat. if u look at the pic on the bottom his brother is wearing that white kangol looking hat.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by lunarasparagus

in the first pic it looks like he's wearing his brothers hat. if u look at the pic on the bottom his brother is wearing that white kangol looking hat.

Yes, I got it. I originally posted the wrong news clip. Watch this one:
boston bombing suspect charged weapons of mass destruction
In the video at about 2:10 they claim that the hat is the same as in the other pictures. That's what I was thinking was bogus. But looks like his brother's hat.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Edit: Part of post removed for being inaccurate.

The guy in the blue shirt lying motionless in the street after the shooting, against the curb, seen in some news footage. He was not Tamerlan, correct, but just some guy?

edit on 23-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
too bad ALL of those pics are completely unclear. they absolutely do not count as ID'ing the brothers. could be anyone.

I question everything. From the first time I was told the story by the MSM that the brothers had a shoot out with the cops and throwing bombs, I've wanted to see evidence that it was actually them in that situation, and not some cut-outs from central casting.

Because if it wasn't them shooting with the cops, and they were set up, then they were also not the ones who detonated the bombs at the marathon.

Until I see actual evidence linking them directly to both events, these guys are innocent (just like all Americans are).
edit on 4/23/2013 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Looks like it could easily be the same vehicle In my opinion

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
This might clarify things somewhat.

The general scene:

Originally posted by drock905
Here is a birds eye view of Laurel St where the shootout took place. From looking at the pictures this is the best I can make out where everyone was located that night.

blue stars = police cars
red star = suspects shooting spot
yellow star = camera/witness
purple star = based on potholes/telephone pole where the pressure pot bomb detonated

Where his body finished up after, according to police, being dragged by the black SUV/Massachusetts State police vehicle.

Originally posted by burntheships

twitter.com...

According to "Linda" who phoned in to a radio show the same night. Tamerlan was run over by a police vehicle and then shot "multiple times" as he lay in the street. There is blood in the street in the middle of the intersection.

The guy in the blue shirt lying motionless in the street after the shooting, against the curb, seen in some news footage. He was not Tamerlan, correct, but just some guy?

That photo is from the MIT shootout, not on Laurel St where suspect #1 was killed.

From the way I understand it yes, the red haired individual on the street was just a random person in the wrong place at the wrong time. The original descriptions of the suspects on the scanner were all over the place so they were pretty much detaining anyone out on the street.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join