It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing First Photos Of The Boston Bombing Suspects' Shootout With Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Andrew Kitzenberg is a resident of Watertown and lives on Laurel St where the initial shootout with police took place. He has uploaded some amazing photos he took that night from his bedroom window.

These photos and his account of the events may answer some questions ATS members have had, going off Kitzenberg's account the shootout makes much more sense, to me at least.

Here are the two brothers taking cover behind the black Mercedes SUV and shooting towards Watertown Police officers. (Taken at 12:46:11AM)

The shooters were also driving the green sedan on the left. They had the back passenger door open and were going back into the car where they had additional supplies (assumingly, more ammunition and explosives). They also had backpacks at their feet where they also had additional supplies.

This is a view from the west-facing window in my bedroom and at the end of the block (Laurel St.) you can see multiple police vehicles. These vehicles were about 75-80 yards from the shooters. (Taken at 12:46:25AM)

Here it’s clear to see the brothers taking aim and firing on the officers. (Taken at 12:47:57AM)

This is a zoomed in view from the last image. The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10 -15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots.

As the one brother was running toward the officers the second got back into the SUV, turned it around in the street and proceeded to accelerate at the vehicle barricade. This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

This is a zoom-in from the last image and the red circle highlights where one of the brothers was taken down and still laying in the street. The black SUV proceeded to accelerate towards the officers and drove in between the two cars at the top of the picture. The SUV side swiped both cars taking out doors and windows and ultimately broke through the vehicle barricade and continued driving west on Laurel St. This was the last I saw of the black SUV.

This image was taken from the east-facing window. As soon as the black SUV had left the street officers rushed toward the green sedan and the spot of the shooting. As soon as officers got to the vehicle they started alerting all others on scene that there were “IEDs” on the street and for everyone examining the scene to clear the entire street. Also pictured at the bottom of the image is a Watertown Police SUV that had crashed in our driveway at the start of the gunfight and had many of its windows shot out. (Taken 12:57:52AM)

At the bottom of this image is the blast mark from the pressure cooker bomb that exploded in the middle of the street. At the top of the image, the bright light is a bomb detecting robot that was moving toward the blast mark. (Taken at 1:20:10AM)

Here bomb squad personnel inspect the blast mark of the large explosion. (Taken 1:39:22AM)

Here heavily armed agents are still in search of the suspect on Laurel St. (Taken 2:14:54AM)

Here is the bomb detecting robot inspecting the vehicle from the back right passenger seat. (Taken at 2:49:19AM)

link to photo page
edit on 23-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Can you give us a summary of the pics and of his account of the event. Thanks, and thanks for the thread!

Here's Kitzenberg's account as he describes hearing gunfire and then peeking out and starting to photograph:

edit on 23-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

embedded the photos and the witness account of the events, it really helps to understand what actually happened during the shootout.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
From the photos and the account Tamerlan Tsarnaev ran quite a distance towards the police, there was no way he was not getting taken down by the cops, suicide by cop?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"Also pictured at the bottom of the image is a Watertown Police SUV that had crashed in our driveway at the start of the gunfight and had many of its windows shot out."

You can see the police SUV is definitely present at the start of the shootout, this must have been the stolen police vehicle being reported on the scanner.

But how did 3 vehicles get driven by 2 people? The only thing I can think of is they were both driving the SUVs and got the civic from their apartment after crashing the police SUV?

The brothers lived on this street right?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have a question in relation to the photos........

In the 8th foto, where you see cops running towards the green sedan, you can see the street is barley two cars wide...

If this kid charged the cops in the black SUV killing his brother in the process, HOW THE HELL DID HE GET PAST THE ROAD BLOCK....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
I have a question in relation to the photos........

In the 8th foto, where you see cops running towards the green sedan, you can see the street is barley two cars wide...

If this kid charged the cops in the black SUV killing his brother in the process, HOW THE HELL DID HE GET PAST THE ROAD BLOCK....

IMO it looks like there were only two police vehicles during the initial shootout. The vehicles appear to be offset to each other leaving a gap that the Mercedes pushed through. In the pictures you can kind of see how suspect #1 is lying to the side of the closest police car right in the gap. The fleeing car had no where else to go but to run him over to get through the opening.

drawing to help it make sense

this is only my opinion based on what I am seeing in the pics

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's something interesting--maybe the fakest looking image I've seen yet being used by the media: News stations have begun showing this photo allegedly showing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev shortly after car-jacking the SUV and trying to withdraw money from an ATM using the victim's bank card.

What's with the hat? Does that look legit to you?

Here's an ABC NEWS clip which references the photo, claiming that it's the same white hat seen in the Boston Marathon surveillance video:

Here's the other surveillance pictures they've released from that Shell station convenience store taken around the same time as the ATM photo (no white hat):

Other shots of the hat:

edit on 23-4-2013 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Why did my picture get deleted? I was only simply showing the hair line that doesn't match

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sorry not possible.
Someone who was actually at the scene of the events and took photos can't be real.
Armchair quaterbacks from all of the world know the reality, not the people that were actually there.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
S&F for an amazing first hand account. I assume that you have shared these pics with investigators?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarasparagus
Here's something interesting--maybe the fakest looking image I've seen yet being used by the media: News stations have begun showing this photo allegedly showing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev shortly after car-jacking the SUV and trying to withdraw money from an ATM using the victim's bank card.

What's with the hat? Does that look legit to you?

Here's an ABC NEWS clipwhich references the photo, claiming that it's the same white hat seen in the Boston Marathon surveillance video:

Here's the other surveillance pictures they've released from that Shell station convenience store taken around the same time as the ATM photo (no white hat):

Other shots of the hat:

definitely not the same hat, but it does look like the older brother (if that is him behind the door) is wearing the kangol style hat when Dzhokhar is in the shell station. maybe they were sharing the hat to throw ID'ing them off from video?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This was originally posted by Amber a member here on ATS, she doesn't even live n Boston nor America yet she called everyone on ATS stupid and not intelligent when some users were starting to question the photos.

As i stated in that other thread. Why doesn't supposed user who uploaded these pictures share the photos or an video showing when the younger brother ran over the older brother? it doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Good observation. You are probably right. I kept trying to see the hat as a baseball style cap as was being claimed by the news report. In that case it looks like a really bad photoshop job. But it could indeed be the brother's hat.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
something i've been saying, if they allegedly threw another pressure cooker bomb how close was it to both parties ( brothers and cops) that no one got injured because of it? and that blast mark is what it made? yet in the Marathon the destruction was far worse

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

As i stated in that other thread. Why doesn't supposed user who uploaded these pictures share the photos or an video showing when the younger brother ran over the older brother? it doesn't make sense.

WTF? He DID share the photos. How do you think people are looking at them? Here's the link to his blog:
www.getonhand.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I swear this morning I saw another set of pictures showing the older brother stripped down and in police custody walking towards the camera apparently in good shape, then it showed him after being pronounced dead looking like he was too close to a bomb going off?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Look at the hat in the quick mart pictures.
It's not a baseball hat turned around.
It's a different hat but the same white color.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join