Will You Anti-Gun Folk Ever Get It? (Video)!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Daedalus

You and I agree for the most part. But two important elements that we disagree on:

- The second amendment IS about fighter jets. The idea is that the US Government cannot equip a standing army to out arm the populace. Our 2nd amendment is more about our ability to control our government as "the final check and balance". Secondary reasons would include self protection.

- Felons should not give up any "right". A "right" is just that, and it is (as written by our founders) granted by our maker (whomever that may be). It is unabridgable by man unless done so by force and against the wishes of our maker. My position would be that far fewer violent felons would survive their crimes if guns laws were more reasonable (and folks in cities didn't give up their responsibility to protect themselves to some cold and uncaring authority).

fair enough.

i don't wanna get into the "nukes and fighter jets" argument, because it ALWAYS spirals off into the absurd, because people can't have intelligent discussions anymore...

not saying you're dumb, i'm saying a lot of other people are. you seem like an intelligent fellow, and i'd have the convo with you, but too many other less enlightened individuals would interfere, so we should just leave that one be for now.

as to forfeiture of certain rights, it's a reasonable compromise for the broken justice system we currently have. i personally believe murderers (once proven beyond a shadow of a doubt) should be executed immediately upon conviction, instead of getting to live out the rest of their natural life on our dime, when they denied that ability to someone else. i also believe that people who smoke a little weed shouldn't be sitting in prison on our dime..i believe that things like marijuana should be legalized, and sold in smoke shops, and other things like crack, coc aine, heroin, PCP, bath salts, etc should still be illegal. dealers should get something like 30 years, and people caught having, or using it should be arrested, and sentenced to 2 years in a state rehab facility. people who commit violent crimes should be imprisoned, and undergo psych evaluation, and if found terribly unstable, they should be committed to a psychiatric facility, until they are deemed safe to return to society, and once back in society, should have a 5 year waiting period before they can own a firearm again. child molesters should be given the death penalty..there is no saving them. illegal immigrants who commit crimes here, depending on their crime should either be executed, or deported. they shouldn't be in our prisons living their lives, on our dime..

using a system like this, we'd probably have less violent crime, we could save a ton on prison costs, and it would serve as a deterrent...because really, who would wanna risk committing a serious crime, when you know you're either for sure gonna die, or lose a large chunk of your life?
edit on 25-4-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The majority of folks who are in prison today would still be there under your system. Just for longer (or shorter, since you espouse the death penalty).

People are going to do what they are going to do. The only laws that are followed are the ones that are convenient.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I like your system. However here is a possible modification. All violent criminals deemed "incabable of being rehabilitated"should be given military training and immediately be drafted. We would not have to pay them or anything other than feed them or give them ammo. If you love your country then here use up the weapons and ammo we give you until we tell you to stop shooting. Then if you survive and make it back to the U.S. after a ten year deployment overseas you will spend 5 years on probation and a house arrest type system as you are reintegrated back into society.

Also what would be interesting to see how they would react, would be all child molesters and rapists are castrated or whatever body part they used to commit the crime is amputated. Then if they are caught again they are executed.

Also if you falsely accuse someone of a crime and it is found you intentionally misrepresented yourself. You will serve the sentence that person would have served had they been found guilty.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonSpirit2

Jesus. I hope you are never in charge of the country.

So you want to arrest people (which is already an industry) and use those people to fuel the military industrial complex for more war? I guess our reputation can't be harmed any more than it already is....but that smells like a recipe for more Haditha's.
edit on 26-4-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonSpirit2

I like your system. However here is a possible modification. All violent criminals deemed "incabable of being rehabilitated"should be given military training and immediately be drafted. We would not have to pay them or anything other than feed them or give them ammo. If you love your country then here use up the weapons and ammo we give you until we tell you to stop shooting. Then if you survive and make it back to the U.S. after a ten year deployment overseas you will spend 5 years on probation and a house arrest type system as you are reintegrated back into society.

Also what would be interesting to see how they would react, would be all child molesters and rapists are castrated or whatever body part they used to commit the crime is amputated. Then if they are caught again they are executed.

Also if you falsely accuse someone of a crime and it is found you intentionally misrepresented yourself. You will serve the sentence that person would have served had they been found guilty.

see, i dislike that idea...the idea of someone being too far gone to rehab is that they are so broken, they must be separated from society. i don't like the idea of someone i wouldn't want living in my neighborhood getting training on weapons, tactics, etc, given weapons, and turned loose overseas...that's a recipe for disaster.

and monkey dude (can't recall your tag as i write this) i don't see how the same people that are in now, would be in under my system. killers are killed, pot smokers never go there, illegals (based on their crimes) are either executed, or deported, child molesters/rapists are killed, and the criminally insane go to special places just for them. no more pack-rat for-profit prisons....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The government says that there is no reason for us citizens to have fully or semi automatic rifles or other firearms, yet if the problem isn't that we have them and it is the fault of the troubled man who may or may not possess these sort of arms, why should we as a nation not be allowed to have such possessions?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I used to be pro gun, but then I listened to people on the pro gun side and it changed my mind. I simply cannot side with people who's only argument against gun control is that limiting the 2nd Amendment for any reason means that they can't shoot their fellow countrymen and force their will and agenda on the public by assassinating constitutionally elected representatives.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I used to be pro gun, but then I listened to people on the pro gun side and it changed my mind. I simply cannot side with people who's only argument against gun control is that limiting the 2nd Amendment for any reason means that they can't shoot their fellow countrymen and force their will and agenda on the public by assassinating constitutionally elected representatives.

not sure who the hell you were listening to, but that is NOT the only argument we have against gun control.

people who only wanna own guns, so they can kill people, are seriously f**ked up individuals, and should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well, there was Sarah Palin,

Then Sharron Angle

Sharron Angle Floated '2nd Amendment Remedies' As 'Cure' For 'The Harry Reid Problems'

Angle: Well it's to defend ourselves. And you know, I'm hoping that we're not getting to Second Amendment remedies. I hope the vote will be the cure for the Harry Reid problems.

This has been repeated over and over again here on ATS. There are those on ATS who openly wish to take down people in their community, and constitutionally elected officials.

How many times have you heard these quotes on ATS?

“tyrants whose blood had to be spilled to preserve liberty.”
~Timothy McVeigh

"When guns are outlawed, I will become an outlaw."
~Timothy McVeigh

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

ok, what i see here are things, and words from a former governor taken out of context, the words of a borderline nutter being read too much into, and the words of a patsy, being used as "proof" of a purely opinion-based position...you'll need to do better than that, if you are going to make a serious case, that anyone sane will take seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum