It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you keep working to support your own enslavement?(and how the hell can/do you avoid it?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes i do know we all have to have the nessessaries......so thats a given....
What i Do want to know and hopefully discuss, are ways and means of living, having what is deemed the nessessaries....
and still AVOID supporting the system which everyone believes is out to turn us into worker ants.
To me it seems there is little conscious effort placed in group explorations of alternatives, to this problem.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.....and hopefully we can evolve some agreed upon senarios that work..................

I have my own thoughts which ill share as and if its deemed a discussion is worth forming over the issue.
Cheers all( i have to go to work now) but ill be bock.............s

edit on 23-4-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the system is setup to keep you enslaved and make it seem like the american dream exists and is possible when it no longer is.

The only way you could survive without being part of the system is to live completely off grid...

Problems with that..

You need land, that costs $$ and even after you buy it you have to pay taxes on the land meaning you still need $ to pay that.

You need off grid power or live with no power, most people will not live without power. If you use solar or wind power it requires batteries which dont last forever as well as other exspesive equipment along with the expense of solar panels and that fact that they require upkeep and dont last forever.

To operate a standard farm to feed your family of average 4 people unless you plan to do everything by hand you will need animals like horses to work your fields meaning you have to grow even more food to be able to feed your horses and other animals. You can use aquaponics and hydroponics which require less work and produce more food but then you definitely need power to run your system you also need money to get that setup and there is upkeep involved.

Most people do not have the knowledge to do these things even though they are easy, most people do not have the money to buy property and set themselves up to live off grid for long term and be at least somewhat normal living to what they are use to.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I keep working to ensure that those I love have food on the table, a roof over their heads, give my children a good education and positively contribute as a member of society.

All of our problems won't go away if all of society decides to live "off grid". There will always be those who will try to take your land, pose a threat to you and your loved ones, steal your food and valuable items, etc. All of those things still have value (like paper money) and will be contested by those that don't want to earn it. Paper money, or fiat currency, allows us a standard method of making transactions.

Yes, at times it feels as if we're just pawns for the rich and powerful, but the reality is that this system has been evolved over a period of a couple thousand years. Is it prone to failure, absolutely. Does it work for everyone? Probably not. Does it allows us to progress in science and technology? You better believe it. Making personal wealth is a major contributor to progress as a species, however, it does come with many shortfalls which I think is what your OP is suggesting. Nothing that man has ever created has been perfect.

Of course, this is just my opinion which i am entitled to!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApocolypzeNow
I keep working to ensure that those I love have food on the table, a roof over their heads, give my children a good education and positively contribute as a member of society.

All of our problems won't go away if all of society decides to live "off grid". There will always be those who will try to take your land, pose a threat to you and your loved ones, steal your food and valuable items, etc. All of those things still have value (like paper money) and will be contested by those that don't want to earn it. Paper money, or fiat currency, allows us a standard method of making transactions.

Yes, at times it feels as if we're just pawns for the rich and powerful, but the reality is that this system has been evolved over a period of a couple thousand years. Is it prone to failure, absolutely. Does it work for everyone? Probably not. Does it allows us to progress in science and technology? You better believe it. Making personal wealth is a major contributor to progress as a species, however, it does come with many shortfalls which I think is what your OP is suggesting. Nothing that man has ever created has been perfect.

Of course, this is just my opinion which i am entitled to!

Of course you are.....but then again you live in a very impoversihed state...full of desperate people.
oh what am i thinking....theres lots of those now.........isnt there.?

Thats the thing isnt it?
You all want to live.......so you go along to get along....after all compromise is the name of the game right?
I do the same.
But spiritually i have long past the point of any serious belief in this system .
I can see its bound to get only worse, with less liberty, less money, ;less food, lower living standards and deeper poverty and misery.
So, when anything is announced by the PTB, i already know before all the debate and the soul searching that it will not fare well for humanity.......the laws, the bills, the speeches and the elections, are all riged three card monte games we rbes cannot seem to stop trying to make pay off....
Insanity they say, is the doing of the same thing over and over
but expecting a different result.
I have walked away from the whole goddam works....(in my mind)

I no longer do the daily grind with any expectations of appreciation or that what i may be doing is of any benefit or import to mankind.or even some mankind.......
Knowing everything is geared to the profits of the corproatons and the shareholders behind them...that most churches are filled with pedos and power trippers as well as huge amounts of terribly insecure people.....
That nobody reall cares about anything but their own self images and well being.
Bottom line, its a sham and a fraud and i refuse to play that silly mind numbing self delusion.
Its like quitting a drug though, beacuse all your former druggy friends return time and again to drag you down into the mire youve aspired to rise above.....
Like old drinking buddies that seem to show up regularly just when youve laid in a small stock...and one thing leads to another and before you know it youre running a small corporation and cow towing to stockholders again....(or something similar)
edit on 24-4-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by stirling because: i spel like chit

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Its a goddam pity nobody ever gets this #.....

top topics

join