It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empty tube blown up, thought to be pipe bomb; cops baffled in Miami Beach, FL...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

A Bomb Squad detonated what's believed to be a pipe bomb that was found in Miami Beach Tuesday morning, officials said.

The suspicious item was found on the boardwalk in the 4100 block of Collins Avenue by officers who were patrolling in the area, Miami Beach Police spokeswoman Det. Vivian Hernandez said.

Police closed off nearby streets as the Miami-Dade Police's Bomb Squad was called in, Hernandez said.

The Bomb Squad detonated the item and no one was injured, Hernandez said.

Police are investigating the incident.

Source link: www.nbcmiami.com...
edit on 23-4-2013 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Okay so I wasn't sure where to put this as it's "Breaking News" but I don't think it's "Alt News" is it? - If this is the wrong place... Feel free to move it.

On to the topic... So we've had pressure cooker bombs and now a Pipe Bomb (slightly less amateurish but still) on the boardwalk at 8am in the morning. I don't know FL so, would it have been heaving w/ people at this time?

No-one was injured and Police got to it and detonated it before anything could happen... But no warning to the Police (that we know of?) - False Flag to look like they're on top of things? (Police that is)

Or... Just some lunatic?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So here I was about to post that it must be a "false flag", just to be a sarcastic dick, and...

oh my god...

Originally posted by A55A551N
False Flag to look like they're on top of things?

...somebody had already said it for real.

There is one thread. Just one. That doesnt have the claim of "false flag" right now and thats the one posted a few minutes ago where somebody is having trouble getting his car started.
I suggest somebody post a false flag claim there as well, just to complete the set.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
one thread. Just one. That doesnt have the claim of "false flag"

you cant put it past the US Government, thats the sticking point.

Now, the news just said that the Canada train situation had the same hallmarks as the boston hit.
If this is a real pipe bomb and they find footage of some ethnic kid planting it..

then im guessing instead of a large scale attack, someones now plotting to do multiple 'mini' attacks.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It could have just been an empty can or container. They of course are not going to open it up and check if its a b0mb. Police all over are just looking for excuse to blow things up.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
@ Alfa: Hm either your low level of intelligence or high level of trying to purposely be a d*ck (you choose) has failed to both spot the question mark at the end of my QUESTION and also seems to have missed out the other option(s) I am putting forward when asking for suggestions from the rest of the forum.

To paint the picture I've come here screaming "False Flag" is utterly ridiculous...

edit on 23-4-2013 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This may just be the most serious thing i EVER post.

No FF's about it.. there's something brewing, and not just in the USA.. here.. look..

*NOTE* this is our "trusted" news source.. not fox or murdoc owned (yes .gov but they do hack on the gov when they mess up.. alot.. no secrets are taboo for media watch and co lol)

-Today-
www.abc.net.au...

-last week-
www.abc.net.au...

Notice the wording in both those articles "ongoing investigation"

Now.. factor in your recent "events" at nuke plants, and the recent Canadian train bust (which was actually foreseen.. i remember folks saying "next one a train")

No flags, No false... we have a "problem" and the fuzz knows it.. it's time to wake up to the fact... this isn't just about 2 boston kids with a grudge........ far from it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Eh seems it was a non-story. Sorry people of ATS.

The Bomb Squad detonated the item and no one was injured, Hernandez said. Officials later said there were no explosives inside the pipe.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
Eh seems it was a non-story. Sorry people of ATS.

The Bomb Squad detonated the item and no one was injured, Hernandez said. Officials later said there were no explosives inside the pipe.

Looks like OP should change the title of this thread. "Empty tube blown up, thought to be pipe bomb; cops baffled"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody's geocache is no more. Just because it's a tube with closed ends doesn't mean it's a bomb.

Wikipedia article on geocaching

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
To make us all safer the cops will be using high explosives to clear litter and trash as they find it where they find it.

To make us all safer.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
pipe bomb that pipe bomb that if we where to post every pipe bomb incident they would be no other threads, but scene you posted one ill post one, because we have the pipe bomb flu, video included kutv.com... from the link for you thta have no vid player

Pipe Bomb at Layton Elementary School Prompts Evacuation
By Christine McCathy
(KUTV) A Davis County bomb squad detonated a pipe bomb found on the roof of a Layton elementary school on Monday afternoon, after all 700 students had safely evacuated to a nearby church.

A maintenance worker found the device while inspecting an area of the heating system on the roof of Mountain View Elementary shortly before noon.
it even shows the cops blowing it up.

top topics

join