It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am never taking my dogs for a walk to the park ever again....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

There I was on a quiet Sunday arvo walking my dogs in the park when a bomb went off and then I ran about reacting however I did and ran this way and that and then I decided to run in circles and then I used my phone and made a phonecall and then I was nervously laughing and crying at the same time and THEN:

Afterwards, I saw my face plastered all over the internet with everyone claiming I was a suspect and my dogs had something to do with it also
They claimed I did not behave as I should have and they speculated EVEN MORE about me...and my dogs.

And THEN heaps of People said I was a actor because I was there and then... they said my Dogs were used in another media event... well actually they claimed that one of them was used in a dogfood commercial which was all a big lie.

And it was horrible because I was innocent and instantly the media and online sleuths speculated I was guilty of something...and my Facebook, Twitter and ATS account information was posted on various websites... and I lost all of my privacy. My entire life was bastardised and scrutinised because I went to the park that day.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Amen and amen.

And amen again.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Did this really happen to you...or are you being sarcastic about someone else?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I think she's referring to the whole Boston marathon issue.
edit on 23-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by caladonea

I think he's referring to the whole Boston marathon issue.

yes I am referring to that issue. I am a female by the way and if a media event happened and I was unlucky enough to be nearby, badluck for me! This could happen as it has happened to these People:

5 People The Internet Was Obsessed With Who Aren't Boston Bombing Suspects

We are all vulnerable...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Because most people only care for their privacy not anyone else. Some people think they should have an up to date feed on investigations , I bet some people think they are running the investigation from the internet . Claiming they have proof , but probably never made a call to the investigators.

Maybe the people plastering these peoples all over the internet should be charged for an invasion of privacy , or have all their life posted on the internet claiming they are terrorist . Imagine how your employer would react , think you will have a job ? Think you can find one right away the next day ? what if these people lose their house , cannot support their families because of the foolishness of people crying to protect their protect their privacy online .

These people should be ashamed of themselves and think about the double standard they display

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

yes... until such time as you were officially cleared, everything about your life would be held in contempt. What is worse, your personal details would become everyone's business and even after being cleared, People would still doubt you... even now, there are images being used of spectators/victims and they are being accused of now being actors etc. I just read a thread and saw an image that included the 8 year old boy that died.

It is definitely a worry.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you care about your privacy get off of Facebook and then try your rant again without the hypocrisy

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I think,to be fair here,whether one's on FB or not,if you use the net at all-especially if you've ever done a google search remotely related to certain subjects-you are on the radar of the abc agengies anyway.

My 15yo daughter is on FB-that does not mean it would be ok with me,for her to be a suspect in a witchhunt,if God forbid,she should be on a video taken after an atrocity-and implicated as a possible suspect by the next joe or jill who wants to be the one to crack the case from their pc.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sunil Tripathi

Sunil Tripathi has been accused of being Suspect 2 in the Boston Marathon bombings for hours on reddit and all over Twitter.
His name has been trending for the past 4 hours.
Many posts and tweets have been calling for his death or pain on his family.

Reddit apologizes for Boston bombing 'witch hunt'

If my name or that of my Children were slandered and wrongly accused online...if we survived such an event I would sue for defamation. Reddit's apology is not good enough. People were calling for his death
and harrassing his family!!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Things like this will be the death of ATS.

You cant just start accusing people of stuff and posting their picture everywhere.

Laws will be made if this doesn't stop.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I feel like this should be under short stories, or the hoax bin. I get what you were trying to do, but it is my understanding that knowing posting incorrect info is in violation here.

I haven't kept up with the extent of the privacy issues with the accused actors and whatnot, but I generally do not blame those seeking the truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That was cleaver OP. Sometimes I just feel like chucking my computer, my cell phone, my t.v., send my family and friends a notice that I'[m dead and never go into public ever again. Oh wait, "Ted" Kaczynski did that. Look where that got him. We are all doomed.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I don't think ATS has to worry at all, it is strictly moderated.

Many other websites thrive on sensationalism, lack any real substance and many of them are just a forum for open slather...they are getting the 'hits' and that is all they care about.

I hope the family of Sunil sue Reddit.

There are laws that deal with this kind of thing.

reply to post by SinMaker

Years ago, I had a lot of private information online...even on fb, now I am careful for many reasons, not just the possibility of a media witchhunt. Couple of years ago, we found out a person had used one of my Daughter's pics from her fb account and had used it as a profile pic. We sorted it out. Sad that the bad spoil it for the good.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add reply

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Student wrongly accused of Boston bombing found dead

Authorities have confirmed the Brown University student who was mistakenly identified as one of the Boston marathon bombers has been found dead.

"The Reddit staff and the millions of people on Reddit around the world deeply regret that this happened," Reddit general manager Erik Martin said.

The website acknowledged it had been a rallying point for a wild internet "witch hunt" over who was behind the Boston marathon bombings.

"Though started with noble intentions, some of the activity on Reddit fuelled online witch hunts and dangerous speculation which spiralled into very negative consequences for innocent parties," Mr Martin said.

Very sad.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Sunil Tripathi

Sunil Tripathi has been accused of being Suspect 2 in the Boston Marathon bombings for hours on reddit and all over Twitter.
His name has been trending for the past 4 hours.
Many posts and tweets have been calling for his death or pain on his family.

Reddit apologizes for Boston bombing 'witch hunt'

If my name or that of my Children were slandered and wrongly accused online...if we survived such an event I would sue for defamation. Reddit's apology is not good enough. People were calling for his death
and harrassing his family!!

Ummm. ATS does/did the same thing.

Second.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Ummm. ATS does/did the same thing.

Second.

no ATS did not ! And does not permit the kind of behavior that went on at Reddit.

Terms and Conditions

People may create threads but they are very quickly trashed or closed.

top topics

join